Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

For those asking, scouts at TOR/LA:

ANA(2), AZ, BOS, BUF, CGY, CHI(2), COL, CBJ, DAL, MTL, NAS, NYI, NYR(2), PIT, STL, TB, VAN, WAS, WPG(2)

Unfortunately the new app I use for Twitter doesn't copy the user so that's how I'll post tweets now. That's from David Pagnotta.

so Chara punches a guy in the face with his glove on (not a fight) the guy ends up in the dressing room because of it. Chara only gets a double minor for roughing and puck daddy says no way he should see supplemental disipline....... I ###### hate the chara double standard

How about with :02 left in the game, Chara cross-checked Paquette 3-4 times as the refs watched and they didn't bother to step in until Paquette finally got fed up and tried to punch Chara. Then Paquette got a double minor for punching Chara????

Ridiculous.

How about with :02 left in the game, Chara cross-checked Paquette 3-4 times as the refs watched and they didn't bother to step in until Paquette finally got fed up and tried to punch Chara. Then Paquette got a double minor for punching Chara????

Ridiculous.

Same bullshitt

holy smokes - just noodling around on the Twitter - what an absolute sh!t show the Wild have suddenly become.

do we not have one of their draft picks this year?

and, not for nothing, but it's interesting that pominville and vanek are part of a top-6 on a team that is apparently under-achieving.

edit: looking at their #fancystats, i'm not sure what the issue is. they seem to be controlling the puck a fair amount. are they snake-bitten? getting no goaltending?

Edited by That Aud Smell

Love that show. I wish the DVD collections weren't so expensive.

Yeah, they keep airing it over here every two years.

Was actually based on Secret Army, a coproduction of the BBC and BRT (belgian radio television).

Saw that years after Allo Allo, wich is alot more serious, but couldn't stop laughing because of it kept reminding me of all the funny sketches in Allo Allo.

Wild fans are getting antsy about being 23rd in the league in points and 2-6-2 in their L10. Seems like they're pretty split: either Yeo should go (despite the vote of confidence from Fletcher) or there needs to be player moves made pronto. Those that think Yeo could be fired think it'd happen sometime in the next couple days or weeks; Peter DeBoer is thought to be a leading candidate for a replacement.

One thing's for sure, that Central Division is brutal this year.

Wild fans are getting antsy about being 23rd in the league in points and 2-6-2 in their L10. Seems like they're pretty split: either Yeo should go (despite the vote of confidence from Fletcher) or there needs to be player moves made pronto. Those that think Yeo could be fired think it'd happen sometime in the next couple days or weeks; Peter DeBoer is thought to be a leading candidate for a replacement.

One thing's for sure, that Central Division is brutal this year.

Isn't a public vote of confidence from the GM normally a death sentence for coaches? I'm trying to think of a situation that was so bad the GM had to publicly state his support for the coach where that coach remained in place for any meaningful length of time. I can't imagine Yeo lasts through the end of the month without a miraculous turnaround.

Isn't a public vote of confidence from the GM normally a death sentence for coaches? I'm trying to think of a situation that was so bad the GM had to publicly state his support for the coach where that coach remained in place for any meaningful length of time. I can't imagine Yeo lasts through the end of the month without a miraculous turnaround.

Well, Darcy did this with Ruff a few times, some of them well (years) before he was actually fired. I think there's been a few other cases where this isn't the end-all-be-all.

I'm not sure if Yeo's out or not, at least yet. Before the season, Yeo was pretty pissed about the goalie situation. Some analysts think that situation will cost Yeo his job, including perrenial perineum Jeremy Roenik. But some question the timing of firing Yeo, especially when the players are likely at fault. Fletcher and even Sidney Crosby have come out publicly to defend Yeo, with Fletcher saying 'this isn’t a “coaching thing”'

But the real storyline is that Yeo is already sounding like Lindy Ruff did in his last days, and it may be enough to push Fletcher to oust him:

By Yeo's own admission, the Wild are a disaster. "Completely lost," is how he put it.

Puck Daddy summarizes the whole mess fairly well.

In the trade rumor trenches, there's enough fuel from this flash fire to ignite speculation that Fletcher will try to bring in a goaltender. Of course Buffalo goaltenders' names come up, although most are at least a little doubtful that a move like that could really right the Minnesota ship and sail them into the playoffs. Maybe they should've traded for Halak at the deadline.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.