• Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

What the heck do the Blackhawks need?

They probably would've liked Steve Ott before the trade they made tonight. They already have a ton of depth at forward. However, there are talks that they want to unload Bickell after signing him to that big contract last offseason. We could take on his contract and send them Ott for Pirri and something else.

"maybe less"

McCormick has more value than you guys seem to think. For a fourth liner 5 points in 25 games isn't bad at all.

He's a competitor, kills penalty like Kaleta, isn't dirty at all, finishes checks,has a high hockey i.q for a 4th line player

Did I mention he brings a lot of energy?

McCormick has more value than you guys seem to think. For a fourth liner 5 points in 25 games isn't bad at all.

He's a competitor, kills penalty like Kaleta, isn't dirty at all, finishes checks,has a high hockey i.q for a 4th line player

Did I mention he brings a lot of energy?

Maybe if you ignore the reason he's only played 25 games: injuries.

But his stats over an 82 game season are about 3 goals and 13 assists. That's not good.

Edited by Tankalicious

omg- ------Words of wisdom

[*Girgs, *Foligno. *Zadorov] are part of the untouchable young core as someone mentioned. Risto is an untouchable as well in my book. I mean we tanked a whole season for him. The kid will be great

But his stats over an 82 game season are about 3 goals and 13 assists. That's not good.

So you're saying McCormick scores 1 more goal in 57 more games

Edited by BuffaloBorn

Two more over 57 games. I didn't say he "can" do anything. I took your claim that five points in 25 games is good, and projected it over an 82 game season.

I figured it was a projection but I didn't understand how anyone would think he doesn't score at least 3 or 4 goals projected over this whole season at least if he already scored 2 goals (**woops I thought he scored twice.) I understand it's a small sample size for this season as well, still think he has some value, even if it's just AHL depth.

I can see him being a good fit for a team lacking grit. He can take face offs and kill penalties. If I has a team needing more jam on my bottom six, I'd send a throw away pick for Cody.

I can see him being a good fit for a team lacking grit. He can take face offs and kill penalties. If I has a team needing more jam on my bottom six, I'd send a throw away pick for Cody.

He might be the tipping point on a bigger deal but i doubt he gets even the lowest round pick straight up

Maybe a conditional 6th rounder, but otherwise I could see him thrown in.

Yay, our first rumor of the day (about something that isn't going to happen):

@DarrenDreger: Oilers aren't eager to retain salary in Gagner trade and are believed to be receiving interest from other teams based on the buzz...

@DarrenDreger: LA-Edmtn deal could still go down, but, what's the rush? Gagner is playing well and could fetch more at deadline or at the Draft.

Edited by Tankalicious

I think the story is that someone was walking around the locker room with his manhood out while the female reporter was in there.

Which makes Ryan's face and glances in that direction at the beginning pretty funny. (No, I am not implying anything about his sexual orientation.)

They have the entire break to finalize deals. I understand there is a roster freeze but these guys will continue to talk. Right after the break and up to the deadline should be hectic.

I see no advantage to jumping at a deal right now unless it is something that can't be turned down.