• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Sorry if this has been stated, but can we trade Moulson as he's on IR? Or did they retroactively put him on IR and he comes off of it after tomorrows game??

I think they can, as long as there's full disclosure wrt the injury.

@ChrisBottaNHL

More than a dozen teams have contacted the Sabres about Matt Moulson. A lock to be moved before deadline, if not a lot sooner.

@ChrisBottaNHL

As Vanek Trade II nears, it's a reminder that Regier made a great deal for Sabres on his way out. A 1, 2 plus what Moulson brings.

@ChrisBottaNHL

Good work by SNY getting Thomas Vanek on camera to discuss wanting to be a free agent: http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?content_id=31336557&topic_id=&v=3&tcid=tw_video_ …

I would take that package in a heartbeat. Conditional on a playoff run and/or extension. Second if not. That'd be good in my mind.

I do this alot but it helps me compare guys, if you project out Burakovsky for a full 68 OHL season... 51g, 58a +46 for 109pts. That is awesome to hear from a 6'2" 190lb RW/LW that is "flashy and offensively very gifted player. Equipped with great hands and puckhandling ability. Like his father, also a gifted shooter and has the tools to put up big numbers. Also a quite agile player with strong skating skills. Can work on his defensive game, and become stronger and more consistent.

(EP, 2013)" according to http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=38705

@Nichols_NHLPool

More than a dozen teams have contacted #Sabres about Matt Moulson, per @ChrisBottaNHL. The Olympic roster freeze is coming up on Friday.

I like Matty Mo, but moving him has to happen. Hopefully we get at least a good forward prospect in return.

On another note, I will go on record as predicting that GM Dwight Schrute trades someone who none of us expect to be traded.

Edited by Potato

I like Matty Mo, but moving him has to happen. Hopefully we get at least a good forward prospect in return.

On another note, I will go on record as predicting that GM Dwight Schrute trades someone who none of us expect to be traded.

I'm with you. Of course, the most unexpected would include Girgensons, Foligno, and Zadorov.

I'm with you. Of course, the most unexpected would include Girgensons, Foligno, and Zadorov.

I'm just not seeing it with Foligno. If there is one guy I WANT to love, it would be him. Between the flair and drive he showed his first 2 weeks on the team, and his dad being about as complete a player as you could ask for....I want to love him. I don't understand his reluctance to play free. I think 100-150 career goals is the max at this point.

He is one of the guys I would expect to get traded if you want a guy with real upside. My guess is that Murray has him at a 4+ #conforming

Ok, my mind is blown...

And is one of Thomas Vanek's ex-teammates also drawing interest?

McKenzie: That would be Steve Ott of the Buffalo Sabres. We all know that Matt Moulson has been drawing interest, with upwards of a double digit number of teams inquiring about Moulson's availability by the deadline. But Ott is attracting that much, if not more attention than Moulson.

Obviously keep an eye on the Sabres, they're at the bottom of the league and ready to offload people. In addition to Ott and Moulson there is the Ryan Miller scenario playing out but also Henrik Tallinder is another guy who could be moved as well as Drew Stafford and Cody McCormick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=443030

Cody McCormick? What would he bring back...and who would want him? (Maybe it's just me, but that seemed a weird name.)

A third or fourth round pick, maybe less. A trade would also give Cody an opportunity, which it sounds like Murray is big on. A player like Cody could be useful as a fourth liner in the playoffs. Recall the Sabres needing to call him up from in the middle of the Boston series a few years ago.

Edited by Lanny

A third or fourth round pick, maybe less. A trade would also give Cody an opportunity, which it sounds like Murray is big on. A player like Cody could be useful as a fourth liner in the playoffs. Recall the Sabres needing to call him up from in the middle of the Boston series a few years ago.

For a rental in McCormick? We'd get something like a conditional sixth.

I see Cody as a potential sweetener in a bigger deal because he is someone who can help a playoff bound team.

For example, we acquire Kyle Clifford from the Kings, or Chris Stewart from the Blues - Cody is someone they can plug in to play a similar physical role.

He played like a man possessed in that series. He's a guy who gets what the playoffs are about and will do anything to help a team. I could definitely see a team trading a low round pick or a Riley Boychuk type.

Rob Ray just tweeted "Omg" and I'm pretty sure that means the Sabres just acquired the top 5 prospects in all of hockey as part of a complicated six-team trade.

yeah, what the heck is that? not a good point in time to do that

...unless he knows something...and even then, still not a good time to do that