• Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

BUFFALO SABRES

UFA in 2014: Matt Moulson, Steve Ott, Cody McCormick, Zenon Konopka, John Scott, Matt D'Agostini, Kevin Porter, Henrik Tallinder, Alexander Sulzer, Ryan Miller.

RFA in 2014: Tyler Ennis, Marcus Foligno, Jamie McBain, Brayden McNabb.

Top Prospects:

Rasmus Ristolainen, D, Rochester (AHL)

Nikita Zadorov, D, Rochester (AHL)

Joel Armia, RW, Rochester (AHL)

Jake McCabe, D, Wisconsin (Big 10)

Mark Pysyk, D, Rochester (AHL)

Others of Interest: Drew Stafford, Mikhail Grigorenko, Johan Larsson, J.T. Compher, Matt Hackett.

No-Trade Clauses: Christian Ehrhoff (modified), Ryan Miller (limited).

The Plan: New GM Tim Murray gets to put his stamp on the organization and has a challenging position to take right off the bat if he's going to deal G Ryan Miller, who has clearly been the Sabres' best player this season. But, Miller will be an unrestricted free agent and is attractive enough that he should bring a quality package in return.

There are several other Sabres veterans that could be moved, including LW Matt Moulson, C Steve Ott and D Henrik Tallinder, and it's easy enough to look at the Sabres and shed all veterans as they build for the future -- expecting that they are still a few years away from icing a competitive team -- but Buffalo will have to keep a certain number of vets around if only to reach the salary floor next season.

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...llen/?id=444303

>Feel like that's a contradiction :blink:

Edited by WildCard

BUFFALO SABRES

UFA in 2014: Matt Moulson, Steve Ott, Cody McCormick, Zenon Konopka, John Scott, Matt D'Agostini, Kevin Porter, Henrik Tallinder, Alexander Sulzer, Ryan Miller.

RFA in 2014: Tyler Ennis, Marcus Foligno, Jamie McBain, Brayden McNabb.

Top Prospects:

Rasmus Ristolainen, D, Rochester (AHL)

Nikita Zadorov, D, Rochester (AHL)

Joel Armia, RW, Rochester (AHL)

Jake McCabe, D, Wisconsin (Big 10)

Mark Pysyk, D, Rochester (AHL)

Others of Interest: Drew Stafford, Mikhail Grigorenko, Johan Larsson, J.T. Compher, Matt Hackett.

No-Trade Clauses: Christian Ehrhoff (modified), Ryan Miller (limited).

The Plan: New GM Tim Murray gets to put his stamp on the organization and has a challenging position to take right off the bat if he's going to deal G Ryan Miller, who has clearly been the Sabres' best player this season. But, Miller will be an unrestricted free agent and is attractive enough that he should bring a quality package in return.

There are several other Sabres veterans that could be moved, including LW Matt Moulson, C Steve Ott and D Henrik Tallinder, and it's easy enough to look at the Sabres and shed all veterans as they build for the future -- expecting that they are still a few years away from icing a competitive team -- but Buffalo will have to keep a certain number of vets around if only to reach the salary floor next season.

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...llen/?id=444303

>Feel like that's a contradiction :blink:

Drew Stafford prospect of interest???

Drew Stafford prospect of interest???

- Former 30 goal scorer

- 6'2", 214lbs

- 6G, 3A, 9P in his last 7GP

Not a tough sell ... on paper, anyway.

If all you knew about Drew Stafford were his career stats from HockeyDB, you'd want to take a chance on him for a year and a half.

And if he's on a team where he doesn't have to be super important, he'll probably do just fine.

Speculation coming in on the potential first deal immediately after the freeze is lifted: Lee Stempniak to somewhere.

He has been removed from the Calgary Flames website, and three days ago be left practice in the middle of practice for "personal reasons" and hasn't been with the team since.

Sounds like Ott would be interested in resigning with the Sabres this summer if he is traded.

http://www.buffaloho...ce-of-my-heart/

I saw that, was pretty interesting IMO. It'd be a win-win to trade him for some assets and then get him back in the summer, but I'm not sure if teams knowing that's a possibility will diminish his value. Don't get me wrong, Ott's the quintessential rental player for a playoff run, but I'd assume this hurts his value a little bit.

More fun: Boomer Esiason (yes, that one) reported that something is coming for the rangers and it will be huge and surprising. Has been responding to people denying certain players and whatnot.

The original tweet:

Its coming and it will be huge. Surprising, shocking, inevitable, and all about business. $$$ #NHL #tradedeadline

— Boomer Esiason (@7BOOMERESIASON) February 23, 2014

It doesn't seem to be about Callahan, because he said separately that Cally is definitely getting traded. The fun is back, ladies and gentlemen.

Boomer is very reliable even though he doesn't come from a hockey background. He broke the lockout news and had the details on what the Rangers were getting back from Nashville for MDZ first.

More fun: Boomer Esiason (yes, that one) reported that something is coming for the rangers and it will be huge and surprising. Has been responding to people denying certain players and whatnot.

The original tweet:

Its coming and it will be huge. Surprising, shocking, inevitable, and all about business. $$$ #NHL #tradedeadline

— Boomer Esiason (@7BOOMERESIASON) February 23, 2014

It doesn't seem to be about Callahan, because he said separately that Cally is definitely getting traded. The fun is back, ladies and gentlemen.

Boomer is very reliable even though he doesn't come from a hockey background. He broke the lockout news and had the details on what the Rangers were getting back from Nashville for MDZ first.

People are speculating Callahan for St. Louis but I don't see that happening. Hopefully something happens though. Such a let down last year hearing about the huge trade between the sabres and caps minutes before the deadline and then nothing at all going down

People are speculating Callahan for St. Louis but I don't see that happening. Hopefully something happens though. Such a let down last year hearing about the huge trade between the sabres and caps minutes before the deadline and then nothing at all going down

That was speculated, but it has been denied by people who know. The Rangers made the offer and were denied, but definitely want him.

I wonder who they it might be.

Doug McLean said this past week that the Canucks are working on something big and it won't be players people would expect. Whatever that means ? He is considered an insider but how reliable his information is is anybodies guess. I could see them shaking things up. They've been in a season long funk. Maybe something with the Rangers ?

Doug McLean said this past week that the Canucks are working on something big and it won't be players people would expect. Whatever that means ? He is considered an insider but how reliable his information is is anybodies guess. I could see them shaking things up. They've been in a season long funk. Maybe something with the Rangers ?

Some think that was about Marty St. Louis. They want some more scoring wingers. Would make sense.

I think it will be quiet on the Sabres front at least until monday. Tim Murray indicated last week in an interview that conversations with other GM's had all but stopped during the break. As this week progresses things should heat up. Murray's best strategy would be to wait it out for guys like Miller because I think now the market will be good for him.

Murray did say that the he got a text that day and really expected things to pick up. Washington's GMGM said a couple days ago that there were a lot of talks around the league over the few days prior.

I expect a move or two before some teams get back to action.

I also don't think it's wise for Murray to push it and wait. I think the offers aren't going to increase substantially unless there is a player or two who he isn't getting teams to bite on. I really don't want to be left at the alter with a player who got hurt a week before the deadline.

There's a report that Spencerport native and Senators prospect Shane Prince may go to the KHL if he's not moved. He grew up a huge Sabres fan and I've been saying id love to have him in Buffalo.

Interesting that Mike Hoffman was called up today by Ottawa. Maybe TM wants one more peek at him at this level.

There's a report that Spencerport native and Senators prospect Shane Prince may go to the KHL if he's not moved. He grew up a huge Sabres fan and I've been saying id love to have him in Buffalo.

Why would he do that?

Edited by WildCard