Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

This is not aimed at you really, but it does amuse me that so many of us (me included) have this image that TN can turn anybody around. Like his super power is to give aimless wanders purpose. Let's trade for OV, Kane and Semin and watch Nolan turn them into Gretzky, Lemieux and Hull :P

Was going to point this out. It's getting a bit ridiculous, actually.

To be fair, I found a photo of him making that face and used it as ref... :ph34r:

To be fair, I could find 100 pictures of him looking a certain way and I'd still end up with nothing even remotely close to what Ted Nolan looks like. This is fantastic work.

To be fair, I found a photo of him making that face and used it as ref... :ph34r:
To be fair, I could find 100 pictures of him looking a certain way and I'd still end up with nothing even remotely close to what Ted Nolan looks like. This is fantastic work.

quite right, LTS. and it's not even the likeness that got me, it's the capturing of that impish twinkle that nolan gives in a particular way.

and i'm not on some TN adoration jag. everyone who's got an expressive face makes faces like that, faces that are all their own.

it's a real trick, so to speak, for an artist to capture one of those looks.

I'm so happy we dropped Jaro Halak. What a lame.

He informed the Caps that he can't play in St. Louis tonight because he's not comfortable playing in St. Louis since being traded. While his team is in the thick of a playoff race. Give me a break. Go overseas after this season, please.

I'm so happy we dropped Jaro Halak. What a lame.

He informed the Caps that he can't play in St. Louis tonight because he's not comfortable playing in St. Louis since being traded. While his team is in the thick of a playoff race. Give me a break. Go overseas after this season, please.

That's just messed up, you'd think 90% of people (at least) would be pissed and ready to show STL what they gave away.

quite right, LTS. and it's not even the likeness that got me, it's the capturing of that impish twinkle that nolan gives in a particular way.

and i'm not on some TN adoration jag. everyone who's got an expressive face makes faces like that, faces that are all their own.

it's a real trick, so to speak, for an artist to capture one of those looks.

To me the most impressive part was the ridiculously quick turnaround time on the request.

To me the most impressive part was the ridiculously quick turnaround time on the request.

She probably had it already done, maybe part of a "NHL head coach in tights" fetish?

Then she gets to use this thread as an excuse to bring it out and show everyone

I do like the Tortorella in a green man suit idea........

She probably had it already done, maybe part of a "NHL head coach in tights" fetish?

Well then how do you explain d4rk?

:blink:

insert "battle of the bulge" joke here

Lumberjack in tights fetish? :unsure:

;)

Lumberjack... yes. Tights... more like jeans tight in the right places :P

Gillis is out in Vancouver, about time. Now the next duck to fall would be Torts.

I think they might give him another. I remember hearing reports that Gillis wanted Torts out, and he wouldn't stay if Torts stayed. I'm not saying Gillis left on his own or anything, but it sure looks like the owner chose the coach over the gm right now

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.