Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Why do I get the feeling the Isles are going to offer their first round pick this year as part of a package to land Kane?

He's got a high douche quotient, but if he's on the market, the Sabres will be in on it.

He fits Murray's stated goals of: plucking talented players that fall out favour for whatever reason; getting heavier; adding to the youthful core; and getting better players.

When you neglect items like the Sabres finishing dead last in '87, it looks a bit better.

It is depressing to see the team with the most similar look to their pie chart is Washington. Or Vancouver.

Edited by weave

It is depressing to see the team with the most similar look to their pie chart is Washington. Or Vancouver.

After Washington traded for Langway and ended their stay in hockey hell, they pretty much have been the Sabres - with a loooong stay in hockey purgatory. Thanks for pointing that out. :censored:

Must have counted it as a tie for second to last. (Which it was, NJ had the tie-breaker)

Not according to the league. They gave Buffalo the top pick for only having 28 wins to Joisey's 29. They had to 'settle' for Shanny when we took Stinky Pete.

Not according to the league. They gave Buffalo the top pick for only having 28 wins to Joisey's 29. They had to 'settle' for Shanny when we took Stinky Pete.

Right. I figure it's semantics. The guy who made this probably just used a database of final point standings and didn't bother to break ties.

Right. I figure it's semantics. The guy who made this probably just used a database of final point standings and didn't bother to break ties.

If he's not breaking ties then the Sabres AND Joisey should get credit for '87.

It's a nice chart and the guy put a lot of effort into it. But when there is an obvious error on the 1st team I look at, I tend to question how much else is shiny stuff that isn't accurate.

If he's not breaking ties then the Sabres AND Joisey should get credit for '87.

It's a nice chart and the guy put a lot of effort into it. But when there is an obvious error on the 1st team I look at, I tend to question how much else is shiny stuff that isn't accurate.

agreed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.