Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

no doubt many out of patience years ago, do think though the bar has to be raised next season, it cannot be just another losing year, rebuilding , youth gaining experience ect. Having said that , it is not like I will not follow the team win or lose, but the passion , excitement for the team does turn into apathy, me choosing to do other things. Imagine there are many more who do the same these days.

no doubt many out of patience years ago, do think though the bar has to be raised next season, it cannot be just another losing year, rebuilding , youth gaining experience ect. Having said that , it is not like I will not follow the team win or lose, but the passion , excitement for the team does turn into apathy, me choosing to do other things. Imagine there are many more who do the same these days.

We've all been saying the same exact thing for at least the last 10 years. I have no idea why we keep coming back, but we will.

This team is slightly better than 4-9 suggest. You have a healthy defense and fully healthy offense all year, and some of those close loses are wins. Even if it's Thad Lewis playing against KC, that's a win (you can't deny that).

When does that happen on any team ever? You could easily say they could be 2 and 11. How they beat Carolina and Baltimore is beyond me. The Bills are a 4 and 9 team, and if they are lucky, will end up 6 and 10,… again. I think they still have a lot of holes to fill for them not to end up 6 and 10 next year as well.

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!!!!

oof

When does that happen on any team ever? You could easily say they could be 2 and 11. How they beat Carolina and Baltimore is beyond me. The Bills are a 4 and 9 team, and if they are lucky, will end up 6 and 10,… again. I think they still have a lot of holes to fill for them not to end up 6 and 10 next year as well.

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!!!!

oof

And the cycle of endless suckitude continues. How many years in a row have we been saying, if they could just stay healthy.

McCarron will be available on the third day of the draft, which is when he should be considered.

Like EJ Manuel... o wait

If I was going to take another QB this season, I would take Aaron Murray because of what he has done a terrible Georgia team. That is if he is still there in round 3.

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!!!!

oof

RG/LG,OLB, MLB, WR (someone that is tall and better than Graham) - that's how I'd rank the Bills needs right now. The offensive line needs fixed, and we need at least one or two more line backers. You could even say we need more DBs but a team can never have enough quality DBs.

and before someone tells me that we need DL, we don't - we could upgrade for a run stopping DT, but linebackers are much more important. This team is oh so close.

Because it will get better at some point. If the Red Sox can win the World Series, let alone multiple, then the Bills can make the freakin playoffs.

Exactly, but until such time it's much easier to assume/know that we will arrive in December right where we always do.

When the final seconds are ticking off the clock in a Bills playoff clinching win is exactly the time when I will be sucked back in, and of course be ready to accept the next kick to the nuts that actually hurts again.

We've all been saying the same exact thing for at least the last 10 years. I have no idea why we keep coming back, but we will.

I stopped paying for NFL Sunday Ticket before last season. I'll watch them on DVR if they are on regular NYC TV, but I'm not killing a Sunday afternoon for them and I'm not spending $400 or whatever Sunday Ticket is these days to watch them. I also don't go to the Bills-Jets game in NYC any more.

That's the way it's gonna stay until they terminate the Toronto abomination AND win a playoff game.

I was as big a Bills fan as anyone, but the years of not trying to win have really soured me on the organization.

(Of course, I'm still a Bills STH because my seats are too good to give up and it's relatively easy to unload most of the games without losing too much $$ -- so I haven't totally turned my back.)

It's a good thing DR got canned when he did, because I was starting to lean that way with the Sabres too.

How can you hate the guy? The way he fails is just so lovable.

Nice to see EJ have a good game. Our coaches (Marrone and Hackett) are still way too conservative and have learned nothing from the Atlanta game.

Too ,many screens/repetitive play calling. EJ looked good when he threw it down the middle, let him air it out or throw some quick slants every now and then. My biggest disappointment this year is the lack of Robert Woods and Goodwin in the offense. We specifically drafted two wide-outs with a particular set of skills to give a rookie QB a deep threat and a solid number 2 to back up the slot receiver in SJ, yet we never use them.

Woods will be an all-star, I guarantee it; the guy has incredible hands and runs great routes

Too ,many screens/repetitive play calling. EJ looked good when he threw it down the middle, let him air it out or throw some quick slants every now and then. My biggest disappointment this year is the lack of Robert Woods and Goodwin in the offense. We specifically drafted two wide-outs with a particular set of skills to give a rookie QB a deep threat and a solid number 2 to back up the slot receiver in SJ, yet we never use them.

Woods will be an all-star, I guarantee it; the guy has incredible hands and runs great routes

EJ had the arm to throw it deep but his accuracy is questionable. I like Woods and Goodwin a lot though.

Stevie plays despite news of mother's passing

stevie-mom-story.jpg

It’s a phone call that no one wants to receive, especially when it’s unexpected. Not long after arriving in Jacksonville with his Bills teammates Saturday, Johnson got a phone call informing him that his mother had died unexpectedly that day.

Johnson informed head coach Doug Marrone of his tragic family news and the two talked for a while. Marrone left the decision of whether to play or return home immediately up to Johnson. The Bills leading receiver chose to stay and play on Sunday against the Jaguars.

“When I found out I was already here,” said Johnson following Buffalo’s 27-20 win over Jacksonville. “I talked to coach and he gave me an option and I felt like I went all week with the boys and whatever I can do to help out the team, I think I should give it my all no matter what. It was tough, but we got the win and I’m happy about that and I’m sure she is happy about that.”

The Bills offense had a great drive where EJ hit a lot of throws to go up 27-20. Then the other team has like a 7-8 minute drive that ends in a Gilmore int. The Bills get the ball back with a little less than 4 minutes left and Hackett calls three straight running plays. They took the ball out of EJ's hands at a time when he was playing the best. I saw the team throw on 2nd and 3rd down unnecessarily with Tuel under center. Why don't they trust EJ?

Marrone and Hackett deserved the L right there for that. Luckily for them the defense strangled Jacksonville at the end.

The Bills offense had a great drive where EJ hit a lot of throws to go up 27-20. Then the other team has like a 7-8 minute drive that ends in a Gilmore int. The Bills get the ball back with a little less than 4 minutes left and Hackett calls three straight running plays. They took the ball out of EJ's hands at a time when he was playing the best. I saw the team throw on 2nd and 3rd down unnecessarily with Tuel under center. Why don't they trust EJ?

Marrone and Hackett deserved the L right there for that. Luckily for them the defense strangled Jacksonville at the end.

Did you see the Dallas game, where the team kept throwing even though it was up by 7? That's why. Nothing wrong with leaving it in the hands of what is purportedly an amazing running back tandem to get the first downs and run out the clock.

Did you see the Dallas game, where the team kept throwing even though it was up by 7? That's why. Nothing wrong with leaving it in the hands of what is purportedly an amazing running back tandem to get the first downs and run out the clock.

We don't have the offensive line to power run, not even close. We pissed away a game while we were still in playoff contention because of conservative play..

You're basically not even trying to win the game with the 4 minute offense at that point, you're just accepting that you're giving the ball back. I want to see some indication that these coaches have it, but they're still terrified to make mistakes even after the season is lost.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.