Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Nice job.

They looked like a team that had checked out early on the season.

I look at the last two games and wonder if things would be different if they would have played Atlanta at home. A win last week and I think we see a different team today.

A win last week should have happened in Atlanta, in Toronto, in Orchard Park, or on the Moon. And you're right, a different team today.

The only "good" thing - Manuel threw for twice as many yards as Tyler Myers, and averaged nearly 2x the yards per pass. His QB rating was about 30% higher than Myers (41 vs 31) Of course, he did throw twice as many interceptions.

How does a team where the QB has a rating of 30, 9 completions out of 25 attempts, and a whopping 90 total yards of passing, with TWO interceptions - how in the blazes does that team win? Not just win, but by a big margin! The Bills are astoundingly bad.

I don't understand the overreaction here. We drafted a rookie QB, they're not all going to be RG3's or Russel Wilsons. Hell, look to those two for perfect examples of how inconsistent a rookie QB can be. RG3 has not been good this year, and Wilson was pretty terrible until around week 9 last year, plus he has the leagues best D behind him. Ej Manuel's stats are not bad this year; the sheer fact that he has twice as many td's a int's is very telling, as well as the fact that his best minutes come in the clutch. He would've had two game-saving drives if not for costly fumbles.

He's been injured, missed time from practice, and his OC sucks, give the kid a break.

it is senseless trying to evaluate this game as the entire team packed it in and shut down the season the second that field goal went through in Toronto

Is that not an evaluation in itself? If what you infer is true, then the players quit on their team and coach. That says a lot more to me than losing the game to Atlanta.

Is that not an evaluation in itself? If what you infer is true, then the players quit on their team and coach. That says a lot more to me than losing the game to Atlanta.

indeed it is, but if you want my one talent evaluation of the game, EJ is garbage. It sucks but i believe it to be true and if this organization is smart, they will pick up another 1 in round 1 or 2 of next year's draft.

I don't understand the overreaction here. We drafted a rookie QB, they're not all going to be RG3's or Russel Wilsons. Hell, look to those two for perfect examples of how inconsistent a rookie QB can be. RG3 has not been good this year, and Wilson was pretty terrible until around week 9 last year, plus he has the leagues best D behind him. Ej Manuel's stats are not bad this year; the sheer fact that he has twice as many td's a int's is very telling, as well as the fact that his best minutes come in the clutch. He would've had two game-saving drives if not for costly fumbles.

He's been injured, missed time from practice, and his OC sucks, give the kid a break.

Which is exactly the ###### reason I bitched about taking Manuel in the first round. He wasn't a first round QB. He wasn't a second round QB. Hell I am not sure he was a 3rd round QB but when you suck for 14 years why not keep making costly mistakes.

Which is exactly the ###### reason I bitched about taking Manuel in the first round. He wasn't a first round QB. He wasn't a second round QB. Hell I am not sure he was a 3rd round QB but when you suck for 14 years why not keep making costly mistakes.

You have to draft a QB. Every year. And if you see one you like, you take him. Drafting Manuel was the first smart move the Bills have made in 30 years. And they better keep taking quarterbacks where they can get them regardless of where they should/could be taken. The QB position is the most important one in the entire game.

this team in spite of their record had been in every game this season and got to think last weeks lost was extremely deflating. Personally had not great illusions for greatest from this team but as disappointing as many of the close loses have been that they were competitive with a rookie quarterback, then with backups at best when he was injured. A first year coach, a first year young quarterback, who as mentioned lost valuable time due to injury. This team is not a bad one, this a different Bills, who true enough will end with same result this season, but the Bills will be a playoff contending team much sooner than naysayers believe. It is hard as heck, given the years of waiting, for many it has turned to apathy, resignation they will never succeed, but better days are as close as next year... :)

McKelvin just isn't very good. Johnson has his moments of greatness, but his inconsistency (e.g. big drops at key times) is infuriating. I'd be down with replacing both. This year's draft has a bunch of good WR and CB prospects.

I'd love to agree with you, but I don't recall ever seeing "greatness" from him. He is an effective #2 or 3 possesion WR that is asked to be a #1.

He simply isn't good enough on Sundays.

You have to draft a QB. Every year. And if you see one you like, you take him. Drafting Manuel was the first smart move the Bills have made in 30 years. And they better keep taking quarterbacks where they can get them regardless of where they should/could be taken. The QB position is the most important one in the entire game.

I think McCarron would be a good pick @ 37. (Anthony Barr at 5.)

Bridgewater and Carr will be gone in the first 3, and Johnny Football is a disaster waiting to happen for some dumb team.

I'd love to agree with you, but I don't recall ever seeing "greatness" from him. He is an effective #2 or 3 possesion WR that is asked to be a #1.

He simply isn't good enough on Sundays.

He had 3 straight 70+ catch, 1000+ yard seasons prior to this season. Like it or not, he is the only receiver on the roster with any history of success in this league.

He had 3 straight 70+ catch, 1000+ yard seasons prior to this season. Like it or not, he is the only receiver on the roster with any history of success in this league.

No argument with the stats or his history, I'm probably nit picking, but I wouldn't use any form of the word "great" with Stevie. He's just too inconsistent and seems to disappear in clutch time more often than not.

I do think he'd be a very good # 2 on a team with a bona fide # 1.

this team in spite of their record had been in every game this season and got to think last weeks lost was extremely deflating.

That's a terrible excuse for this disgraceful loss to Tampa Bay - and points to a culture of failure enshrined at 1 Bills Drive. Please don't try and explain that the Bills are better than a 4-9 suggests? I have been hearing that ridiculous excuse for a month or more. What, they're as good as 5-8? gimme a break!!!!

Contrast the Bills clearly giving up after 1 touchdown, with the game the Saints played last night - they got crushed by Seattle in a deflating loss Monday night - after a short week, they come back, and shut down the red-hot Panthers. And the Saints got off to a terrible start in last night's game - they went 3 and out on their first drive, and allowed the Panthers to score on their first two drives.

And let's look at the Broncos - the Titans got up, what, 21 to 6 over the Broncos.... and the Broncos came back like a juggernaut.

I'm thinking that SU football doesn't translate that well to the NFL.

That's a terrible excuse for this disgraceful loss to Tampa Bay - and points to a culture of failure enshrined at 1 Bills Drive. Please don't try and explain that the Bills are better than a 4-9 suggests? I have been hearing that ridiculous excuse for a month or more. What, they're as good as 5-8? gimme a break!!!!

Contrast the Bills clearly giving up after 1 touchdown, with the game the Saints played last night - they got crushed by Seattle in a deflating loss Monday night - after a short week, they come back, and shut down the red-hot Panthers. And the Saints got off to a terrible start in last night's game - they went 3 and out on their first drive, and allowed the Panthers to score on their first two drives.

And let's look at the Broncos - the Titans got up, what, 21 to 6 over the Broncos.... and the Broncos came back like a juggernaut.

SU football doesn't translate well to the ACC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4NoZ_zwjEk

Edited by LGR4GM

I think McCarron would be a good pick @ 37. (Anthony Barr at 5.)

Bridgewater and Carr will be gone in the first 3, and Johnny Football is a disaster waiting to happen for some dumb team.

Kids, just say no to McCarron! Talk about a guy who rides his team's coattails.

So basically, you're punishing Marrone because he doesn't have one of the best QBs of his generation (Brees) or arguably the best of all time (Manning)? There's reasons to criticize Marrone, but knocking him because his teams don't perform the way Brees and Manning-led teams do is weak.

McCarron will be available on the third day of the draft, which is when he should be considered.

You think he'll last that long??

I don't think he's gonna be 1st round material but I could see a team taking him in the 2nd maybe early/mid 3rd..... I do think we should take another QB, but at this point tho we seem to have many needs to fill.... It will be interesting to see how this plays out

You think he'll last that long??

I don't think he's gonna be 1st round material but I could see a team taking him in the 2nd maybe early/mid 3rd..... I do think we should take another QB, but at this point tho we seem to have many needs to fill.... It will be interesting to see how this plays out

I forgot the Jets.

I think EJ will be fine. Jim Kelly in his first year with Buffalo (1986) was 4-12 with 22TD, 17Int and a passer rating of 83.3. Kelly did also throw for 3500 yds which EJ if he was uprright for all 16, would not have come close to. But JK also had some seasoning in the USFL before he got to Buffalo.

EJ stats so far are 1779 yards, 8TDs, 9INTs and 75.4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.