Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

I am beyond tired of looking forward to "next year."

I also wouldn't say that SJ lost us this game, like we've heard so much from people today. It's a team game and there are many reasons why they lost. But when given the opportunity, your star players are supposed to win you games. He had a chance and didn't do it. I wouldn't even really mind if he didn't act like he just caught the Super Bowl winning TD every time he makes a catch for a 1st down in 2nd period of the third game of the season.

I agree, he didn't lose the game. A conservative game call allowed the Falcons to hang around. And the DL allowed the Falcons to gash them on the ground.

I am beyond tired of looking forward to "next year."

I also wouldn't say that SJ lost us this game, like we've heard so much from people today. It's a team game and there are many reasons why they lost. But when given the opportunity, your star players are supposed to win you games. He had a chance and didn't do it. I wouldn't even really mind if he didn't act like he just caught the Super Bowl winning TD every time he makes a catch for a 1st down in 2nd period of the third game of the season.

I agree that at this point we're well beyond "wait until next year." It's like the story of the boy who cried "wolf." After a certain point you stop believing it.

And Stevie = Ronnie Harmon. If a guy folds when the game is on the line instead of stepping up, he needs to go. This isn't a one-time thing. It has happened before with Stevie... usually with big drops.

Hard to be disappointed in Graham, he was taken too early in the 3rd round and I don't expect picks after the 3rd round to amount to much. If they take a WR in the 1st they will likely get the first or second receiver off the board and hopefully would pick someone 6'4" + 220 lbs +. Mike Evans fits the bill.

Yes that was a bad pick, but it seems like he is never on the same page with the qb when route running, he is small, but doesn't use his speed like Goodwin. Granted they are not in the same class... I like Evans a lot, but idk where we need to start with the draft this year

This team can ill afford to create more holes. The solution is to find a true #1 receiver and Stevie will thrive in the #2 role. Nobody is in a worse mood than me over this loss but let's not cut some of our best players because of it. 14-0 lead against a 2-9 team and they can't close the deal?! This team has way more problems on defense than people may realize and THAT is what is most disturbing about this team. Draft the top LB, WR or TE and hopefully some issues go away. I hope those millions Ralph gets with games being in Toronto was worth it as the playoffs die on the vine at a neutral field.

I completely agree with this.

Mike Evans is a Red Shirt Sophomore. He's almost certain to declare for the 2014 draft.

He tweeted yesterday "going to miss those seniors." Some believe he'll stick around. Still don't think he'll be worth the pick where we'll be picking. Would rather take a guy like Allen Robinson in the 2nd or Donte Moncrief in the 3rd.

Edited by DStebb

He tweeted yesterday "going to miss those seniors." Some believe he'll stick around. Still don't think he'll be worth the pick where we'll be picking. Would rather take a guy like Allen Robinson in the 2nd or Donte Moncrief in the 3rd.

I really don't want a 2nd or 3rd round receiver. If all the 1st round talent is gone when they pick (how could it be) then take the best TE or LB. No guards in the first round please.

I really don't want a 2nd or 3rd round receiver. If all the 1st round talent is gone when they pick (how could it be) then take the best TE or LB. No guards in the first round please.

Obviously a lot depends on free agency but I would guess priorities are

Right Tackle

Left guard

OLB

TE

#1 Receiver

Not necessarily in that order and I agree, no way a guard in the first round

Obviously a lot depends on free agency but I would guess priorities are

Right Tackle

Left guard

OLB

TE

#1 Receiver

Not necessarily in that order and I agree, no way a guard in the first round

I would go DL, T, OLB, DL, DL, T, OLB, DB

I would go DL, T, OLB, DL, DL, T, OLB, DB

They lead the league in sacks and you want to draft 3 DL's and 2 OLB's? "COME ON MAN"

I would look to trade CJ and at some point draft a RB. Too injury prone and not with the money he will demand.

Also, now that we are our normal 4-8 who thinks we shouldn't have unloaded Byrd? Another example of why the Pats are the Pats and the Bills are the Bills.

Edited by sicknfla

You think they need to upgrade Williams, Williams, Dareus and Carrington?

Yes I do. You can never, ever have enough DL. The DL got GASHED by the Falcons on Sunday. The Falcons. Sure their pressure on the QB is there and the sacks are there, but these guys routinely get run on.

Edit: Just checked the stats: 151 yds rushing and 3 rushing TDs given up. Atlanta averaged 81 yp/g and Buffalo allowed them nearly double that.

Edited by wjag

They lead the league in sacks and you want to draft 3 DL's and 2 OLB's? "COME ON MAN"

I would look to trade CJ and at some point draft a RB. Too injury prone and not with the money he will demand.

Also, now that we are our normal 4-8 who thinks we shouldn't have unloaded Byrd? Another example of why the Pats are the Pats and the Bills are the Bills.

The Pats are the Pats because of Brady. They can afford to be cheap with some free agents because their QB is an all-time great who can compensate for lesser talent.

Yes I do. You can never, ever have enough DL. The DL got GASHED by the Falcons on Sunday. The Falcons. Sure their pressure on the QB is there and the sacks are there, but these guys routinely get run on.

My ideal would be an OLB/DE hybrid who can get after the QB and not be an abomination in run defense. In other words, I want to upgrade Jerry Hughes. I think getting a run stuffer would be good too, just not in the first round.

The Pats are the Pats because of Brady. They can afford to be cheap with some free agents because their QB is an all-time great who can compensate for lesser talent.

My ideal would be an OLB/DE hybrid who can get after the QB and not be an abomination in run defense. In other words, I want to upgrade Jerry Hughes. I think getting a run stuffer would be good too, just not in the first round.

There's this kid at UB....

1/2 WR/TE

2/2 TE/WR (interchangeable)

3-7: BPA, with at least one QB in there somewhere. I don't care where. I do not expect him to start. Ever. I'm thinking Matt Cassels/Billy Volek type.

Edited by Eleven

I'd take a stud WR (then trade SJ) in the 1st, or a stud DE/OLB that would thrive in this defense. After that I'm looking for a TE, DBs, and a Guard.

I don't think there is any value in trading players in the NFL. What are we going to get for Stevie? A 5th rounder? You will almost certainly take a loss on that.

I agree we need a tight end though. And I would also take Mack if he's there. My bias admitted, but he looked great against Georgia, and even though they suck, they are a hell of a lot better than the MAC competition that he absolutely dominated the past 2 years.

Edit: and avoid Aaron Murray like the plague, cause Georgia sucks and so does he.

Edit: sorry LGR, I really hate the bulldogs.

Edited by ubkev

I'd take a stud WR (then trade SJ) in the 1st, or a stud DE/OLB that would thrive in this defense. After that I'm looking for a TE, DBs, and a Guard.

While I'd like a stud WR, it's honestly not my top priority. Obviously we have different opinions of Johnson, but I think Johnson-Woods-Goodwin is a pretty good top-3, particularly if Woods and Goodwin get better. A super-athletic TE would be a bigger boost to the offense IMO.

While I'd like a stud WR, it's honestly not my top priority. Obviously we have different opinions of Johnson, but I think Johnson-Woods-Goodwin is a pretty good top-3, particularly if Woods and Goodwin get better. A super-athletic TE would be a bigger boost to the offense IMO.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. If the Bills draft ASJ or Ebron in the 1st round that balances our receiving core really nicely. Goodwin needs to be getting playing time over Graham as well.

I don't think there is any value in trading players in the NFL. What are we going to get for Stevie? A 5th rounder? You will almost certainly take a loss on that.

I agree we need a tight end though. And I would also take Mack if he's there. My bias admitted, but he looked great against Georgia, and even though they suck, they are a hell of a lot better than the MAC competition that he absolutely dominated the past 2 years.

Edit: and avoid Aaron Murray like the plague, cause Georgia sucks and so does he.

Edit: sorry LGR, I really hate the bulldogs.

The Dawgs did suck this year but that was because of a terrible defense and a questionable receiving core. Aaron Murray on the other hand does not suck. He does have a torn ACL that was just repaired but I bet he doesn't exist passed the second round.

Are you a tech fan? Gators? whence does this Georgia hate come from?

The Dawgs did suck this year but that was because of a terrible defense and a questionable receiving core. Aaron Murray on the other hand does not suck. He does have a torn ACL that was just repaired but I bet he doesn't exist passed the second round.

Are you a tech fan? Gators? whence does this Georgia hate come from?

I have no allegiances to their rivals. I just hate 'em! Can't explain it.

Good start by the bills D.... Good thing I no longer have hope for the season.... I'm in the camp for a higher pick at this point

So tell me again we don't need DL and OLB

I fell asleep last night, but woke up to the good news of the OSU loss.... Makes for a much more interesting NC game and I'm torn on who to root for

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.