Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

exactly. NFL defenses are too big and too fast. You're not going to run away from D-ends in the NFC east like you did in the Big 12 south. You're going to get killed.

And I'm hoping EJ learned his lesson this year. I think he's smart enough. Now we have to see if he can develop an NFL style.

And I'm hoping EJ learned his lesson this year. I think he's smart enough. Now we have to see if he can develop an NFL style.

Me too. There is nothing in his physique or psyche that would prevent him from becoming a guy who can make the reads and the throws. It's all about coaching. MY biggest concern is that these coaches can't get this guy to that level.

just got a text update that EJ Manuel is declared out for Sunday's game and Thad Lewis will be the starter. That's weird.

I got two tickets from a guy at work. He told me for $10 ea. I could have them. Gave him $20 ea. sitting in sect. 116. excited. I'm 2-1 on the year at Bills games...with both wins coming with my girlfriend being there with me (Carolina and NYJ). Going without her to this game...hoping I can watch a win without her having to be there. lol

Well, Manuel is out again. That's 3 times this year - once in pre-season, and twice now in the regular season- he's not related to Jake Locker, is he?

Knee injuries are tricky. You can feel good without being 100% but you never truly have the same joints. He'll be better after off-season recovery and he'll be smarter about not getting hurt next year. I hope.

I'm not a fan of our "franchise" qb having what 3 knee related injuries in the equivalent of 16 games (pre and regular season).... In the standings it doesn't matter too much at this point, however it leaves me feeling uneasy knowing this news... Sure everyone gets injured over their career, but this seems a bit too early on

The bills need to take another QB in the draft by round 3, not to name starter, but for some healthy competition and the chance of maybe lucking out

I'm not a fan of our "franchise" qb having what 3 knee related injuries in the equivalent of 16 games (pre and regular season).... In the standings it doesn't matter too much at this point, however it leaves me feeling uneasy knowing this news... Sure everyone gets injured over their career, but this seems a bit too early on

The bills need to take another QB in the draft by round 3, not to name starter, but for some healthy competition and the chance of maybe lucking out

Instead of drafting a mid-to-late rounder, I'd rather see them sign an experienced - albeit not spectacular - vet. Another rookie will have limited value in terms of what he can do to advance EJ's development whereas a vet can play a huge role in helping him along.

At the end of next season, we'll have a much better idea of what kind of QB EJ will be in the NFL, and we can draft another rookie then. Just my take...

Instead of drafting a mid-to-late rounder, I'd rather see them sign an experienced - albeit not spectacular - vet. Another rookie will have limited value in terms of what he can do to advance EJ's development whereas a vet can play a huge role in helping him along.

At the end of next season, we'll have a much better idea of what kind of QB EJ will be in the NFL, and we can draft another rookie then. Just my take...

both. Everything we can do to fix the QB position. It is the only think that matters right now. No waiting, Draft, vet, develop EJ, Full steam ahead on all fronts.

Is it pathetic that I still count the ways that the Patriots might miss the playoffs?

It's a bit slim now, but there is one way left:

The Dolphins, Ravens, and Bengals win this week.

The Dolphins, Ravens, and Bills win next week

$100 says it's only the Bills that screw this up, either by beating the Dolphins or losing to the Patriots.

Why so?

I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE the Ravens. Even moreso than the Patriots. If the Ravens get in the playoffs, they are very dangerous. I don't think the Patriots have the horses this year.

The more I watch Lewis and EJ, the more convinced I am that Lewis is the better QB

Edited by wjag

So Lewis has thrown downfield at least three times in the first quarter. That leads me to believe that it is not a conservative gameplan that rules when EJ plays but rather his inability to throw downfield.

It's less about ability than desire. Thad is willing to take risks to make a play, EJ is not.

It's less about ability than desire. Thad is willing to take risks to make a play, EJ is not.

Whatever the reason, I want Lewis as my starter from here on out.

Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of a thud as Miami's playoff hopes die on the less-than frozen tundra of WNY.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.