Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

So Jon Bonjovi wants to buy the Bills huh?

Interesting....

He is very tight with Ron Jaworski. Not that Jaws has giant cash, but he has some local flavor. I was on a long flight a few years ago with Jaws' sister who is big in his business ventures. I was teasing about having to deal with Bon Jovi, as they owned the arena team together. She raved about his passion and business acumen for the game. She was a sharp cookie herself. Granted that didn't turn out so well!......but I can see some legs to the idea just from the few hours we talked.

I'd assume it would be a pretty big syndicate of ownership if Bon Jovi is involved.

I like the idea of JBJ and a group owning the Bills. Mainly because currently the Rogers group have the upperhand in that respect. I could definitely see, under Rogers ownership, the one Toronto game becoming the one Orchard Park game the new Toronto team has as a yearly 'throwback'. I honestly worry about that.

I like the idea of JBJ and a group owning the Bills. Mainly because currently the Rogers group have the upperhand in that respect. I could definitely see, under Rogers ownership, the one Toronto game becoming the one Orchard Park game the new Toronto team has as a yearly 'throwback'. I honestly worry about that.

No kidding. Rogers will slowly move them up there, I have little doubt. At first I thought JBJ would do the same, but it's not like they're moving a team to New Jersey. Maybe he can create a coalition of Buffalo folks and former Bills that want to keep the team here. [Hope Eternal]

Bon Jovi would likely want to move the team as well: http://www.thestar.c...ills_kelly.html

More meddling by the TO press on the eve of a Bills Toronto game. Not only is that nothing new, but now I'm starting to doubt (1) whether Bon Jovi really is interested and (2) the credibility of the Toronto Star. "Has emerged as the leading candidate," or however it was phrased? Really?

This ###### starts every year during "TO week." I'm paying it no mind.

Technically it's his father's, he's just financing the endeavor. His dad was actually at a local Wegmans a few months ago for the launch of the product.

I met the Bongiovi's when they were at our company trialing their sauce. A very unique sauce, our operation is built for much larger capacity but we made it work.

Edited by inkman

Bon Jovi rumors are the usual annual Toronto nonsense:

http://espn.go.com/n...o-bills-refuted

Yep. And I'm pretty sure NFL bylaws prohibit a corporation like Roger's or MLSE from being a majority owner.

I don't consider this type of talk during the run up to be a necesarily bad thing as it could potentially lead to Torontonians one day showing up and cheering for the "home" team.

IF the Bills were to end up in TO with the same colors (colours?), nickname, and logo, would any of you still consider yourselves Bills fans?

Yep. And I'm pretty sure NFL bylaws prohibit a corporation like Roger's or MLSE from being a majority owner.

I don't consider this type of talk during the run up to be a necesarily bad thing as it could potentially lead to Torontonians one day showing up and cheering for the "home" team.

IF the Bills were to end up in TO with the same colors (colours?), nickname, and logo, would any of you still consider yourselves Bills fans?

Yes

Nope. The "Bills" and the NFL would be dead to me.

I would immediately pick a new team and I would hate the Toronto Bills for the rest of my life.

I half agree with both of these. The Bills would be dead to me and I'd hate them with a passion forever, but I don't think I'd immediately pick a new team (after all, Peyton will presumably be retired by then). But the NFL would never be dead to me, I like football too much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.