Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

I half agree with both of these. The Bills would be dead to me and I'd hate them with a passion forever, but I don't think I'd immediately pick a new team (after all, Peyton will presumably be retired by then). But the NFL would never be dead to me, I like football too much.

I'd never quit football. Probably root for the packers or something.

I'd probably stop watching football.

The Bills are the only NFL team I've ever actually cared about... Guess I'd have to teach myself to be a Lions fan or something equivalent on the suffering scale. Or just watch a lot of college football. Go Blue.

So did Don Beebe really, but the defense had to respect him.

yeah true. beebe was funny he dropped the easy ones caught the tough ones.

Bon Jovi rumors are the usual annual Toronto nonsense:

http://espn.go.com/n...o-bills-refuted

NFL bylaws prevent untalented megaselling pop/rock stars from owning a team. KISS,FOREIGNER etc. The blacklist is endless.

The Bills are the only NFL team I've ever actually cared about... Guess I'd have to teach myself to be a Lions fan or something equivalent on the suffering scale. Or just watch a lot of college football. Go Blue.

Good point. I could live with college football being the only football I watch.

Not a real NFL fan, can't even stand watching the superbowl for more then 10 mins, game is to slow for me.

But i'd imagine if i was a bills fan i'd be pretty pissed off if they moved the team to Toronto, some random acts of vandalism on the new location would be apropriate :D

And to be honest i don't think buffalo can compete with Toronto, so i can see them being moved when the lease ends, watch out if they start laying the groundworks for a huge stadium in 5 yrs in toronto.

Edited by Heimdall

Yep. And I'm pretty sure NFL bylaws prohibit a corporation like Roger's or MLSE from being a majority owner.

I don't consider this type of talk during the run up to be a necesarily bad thing as it could potentially lead to Torontonians one day showing up and cheering for the "home" team.

IF the Bills were to end up in TO with the same colors (colours?), nickname, and logo, would any of you still consider yourselves Bills fans?

I think you're right, from what I understand there has to be a single majority/principle owner and it can not be a group or organization.

Can see it now. Bills move and win it all shortly after. Happened w/ the Nordiques/Avalance.

That would really tick me off. And yes, if the Bills left Buffalo Id no longer be a fan.

I would remain a Bills fan if they moved the team to Toronto, LA, London or other. I was born a Buffalo fan. It's not something I can rinse off. Maybe because I root for the team from afar, it is different for me. I would be genuinely sad for Buffalo if they left. I would probably be mad. But I would remain a fan. I'm not wired like that. I just can't turn it off and become a, pick a team, fan tomorrow.

I would remain a Bills fan if they moved the team to Toronto, LA, London or other. I was born a Buffalo fan. It's not something I can rinse off. Maybe because I root for the team from afar, it is different for me. I would be genuinely sad for Buffalo if they left. I would probably be mad. But I would remain a fan. I'm not wired like that. I just can't turn it off and become a, pick a team, fan tomorrow.

Same here, otherwise I would have quit following this sorry loser franchise a long time ago. But being born a Buffalo fan also requires that the team is actually still called the Buffalo Bills, and plays the majority of it's home games in WNY. Once that is gone, they have turned off the fan spigot for me and there is no way I could just turn it back on for some other team, hence the NFL goes the way of the dodo for me.

IF the Bills were to end up in TO with the same colors (colours?), nickname, and logo, would any of you still consider yourselves Bills fans?

This brings up another good point to ponder as some people are more tied to the team identity through the logo, nickname or uniform. If the Bills moved why would Toronto or any other city keep the logo of a charging buffalo or the nickname that is tied to it?

The Toronto Bills would be just okay - I wouldn't have anywhere near the emotion with which I root for the the Buffalo Bills. If they move someplace else (LA, London), screw 'em.

And you're right C_V, it would be nonsensical for them to keep the nickname and logo. The only scenario in which I can see them doing so would be if they named the team the Buffalos or Bisons as some sort of homage to WNY fans and the club's history. And let's face it, it'd be a smooth marketing move but it's highly unlikely.

All this thinking about the Bills leaving Buffalo is bringing me down, but it very well could become a reality within a decade....

Did you go to Michigan or are you a "Walmart Wolverine?"

If they move, the NFL will be dead to me. It's on life support as it is. I think at one point in the late 80s I knew the name of every Bills player on the team. Every once in a while I try to get back into it, but between the questionable calls by refs, the selfishness of the players/agents/management, and the constant threat of them moving, it just isn't the same. I minimize my interest in football in front of the kids... I've pushed them more toward baseball and hockey than the football I played.

Because there are totally no Spartan fans who aren't alumni :rolleyes:

I know. I don't think nearly as many, though; I think UM has that state pretty well locked up outside of East Lansing.

(I don't care either way. The Big Ten is a soporific and nothing else.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.