Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Name one good team they've played so far.

This is all a red herring and has nothing to do with my point. Look at the record of the teams the Steelers have played. It's pretty close to the record of the teams the Chiefs have played. One had two wins. The other had only wins.

I had more to cheer about last week with and undrafted rookie than I did this week with our "franchise" QB.

That's all I'm saying.

This is an important point. Distribution was terrible until SJ13 left the game. .

Are you serious? They did beat the Super Bowl winner.

I was talking about the Chiefs.

This is all a red herring and has nothing to do with my point. Look at the record of the teams the Steelers have played. It's pretty close to the record of the teams the Chiefs have played. One had two wins. The other had only wins.

I had more to cheer about last week with and undrafted rookie than I did this week with our "franchise" QB.

That's all I'm saying.

Just because the Bills aren't great doesn't mean the Chiefs are. That's all I'm saying.

This is an important point. Distribution was terrible until SJ13 left the game. .

True. But I'd expect a fair part of that was Woods being out and those 2 being the ones he was comfortable w/ prior to being injured.

He did also thorow towards Gragg a lot. (Not sure that's a good thing.)

There was no excuse for losing this game. The Bills had several opportunities to take control of the game and never even came close.

EJ looked good when he decided to run, so he learned from that mistake, but he looked just as bad if not worse than he did in the ~2.5 games before he got hurt.

The offensive play calling was incredibly brutal. The Bills didn't take 1 shot down field all game, and I'm not sure whether that's on EJ or Hackett.

Every week gets harder and harder to watch.

I'm not saying yesterday was great or fun to watch, but LeBeau's defenses are 17-2 against rookie QBs. EJ is hardly the first one to be chewed up and spit out.

True. But Buffalo was back to dink and dunk throws with him. They couldn't execute that. It was clear, his timing, accuracy and distance were all off.

True. But Buffalo was back to dink and dunk throws with him. They couldn't execute that. It was clear, his timing, accuracy and distance were all off.

For sure. I just think people are going a bit overboard after the loss. It was ugly, Manuel (and the rest of the offense) sucked..worst game top to bottom since the Jets game. And while Pittsburgh was very beatable...the Bills are still very beatable. It was in Pittsburgh, against a Lebeau defense that despite a seeming run liability is still 4th in passing yards allowed, and they were coming off a humiliating loss to the Pats. That they were able to beat up on a still-mediocre Bills team with a rookie QB who hadn't played in a month isn't exactly charge to throw the team off a ledge.

If I really have to read about how EJ is a 3rd round pick and he's not our franchise guy every every game he loses in the next two years, I'm gonna lose it.

If I have to wait until they win to tell you that EJ is not a franchise guy, I'm gonna lose it...from waiting...a long time...

That's true, but jeez his mechanics for a franchise guy......

EJ's a project. He has all the things you can't teach, but has so much to learn. I'm excited by the poise and confidence he showed in his first few games, as I wasn't even expecting him to start this year.

But at least EJ is infinitely more likely to learn to correct his mechanics than Fitz was at age 28 :sick:

Absolutely. The Bills should be taking a QB every draft until they get one that works. Even if Manuel is your guy, you take a QB until he's proven.

Even then, take a new one every year. Not necessarily in the early rounds, but take one every year. It's such an important position, and there's always the chance that they have to start a guy for a couple of games, he's impressive, and then he can be traded to some desperate team a la Schaub, Volek, Cassels, etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.