Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

25 years ago I was in Mrs. Allen's third grade class. I met a girl, we became friends. By the time we started dating 18 years ago, we were best friends. 13 years ago she said yes, and 11 years ago I stood at an alter with my best friend and swore I'd love her forever no matter what. It was the easiest commitment I've ever made. Happy 11th wedding anniversary to the beautiful Mrs. Emotion.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

[pictured: junior prom 2000 vs tonight]

Very belated congrats, Whiskey!  You guys are one good lookin' couple, and I'll bet the Little Bottles of Emotion are pretty cute, too.

So I know qwk and Flagg are Rick and Morty fans, and you would both love this. They decided to take a direct transcript of a case and voice it over

Holy I'm in tears :lol:

Actual court case

http://legal.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/23/georgia-judge-loses-it-over-vulgar-courtroom-exchange/

Edited by WildCard

Coaching. Simply awesome at any level. I coach cross country and track for a living. Beyond enjoy it. Any other coaches here on Sabre Space? Doesn't matter if you're a paid coach or a volunteer. The goal(s) are the same. It's all about the kids. Helping them reach their full potential, finding a sport they enjoy, teaching the importance of having a strong work ethic, but most importantly making it a lot of fun for them. 

Edited by GoPre

This reminds me of the single greatest filing in the history of our august Federal Courts:

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtsp/pdfs/2015/f-this-court.pdf

This is my favorite quote so far from that

"and that you citizens of the United States, as defined by the 14th Amendment to the U.S. federal Constitution in 1868 have no rights to anything here. I said we are FloridianAmericans-but our lawful State government has been overthrown by insurgent federal citizens, (citizens of the United States), like you."

The litigant is out of his mind, but the judge's behavior was poor as well.  He should have been more attentive when the defendant was complaining that he had received no disclosure.

He's sort of out of his mind, and sort of isn't. He is past the point of no return - that is for sure.

And the judge really did lose control, didn't he? I'd heard that the judge, after he got off the bench, almost immediately self-reported to the committee overseeing judges in his state, apologized, recused himself, etc., etc.

As for the disclosure, it sounded to me as though the defendant was imagining things that could in theory exist (but in that case did not). Counsel represented that he turned over everything he had. Maybe the gripe is that counsel didn't push enough for what could be obtained? I dunno.

This reminds me of the single greatest filing in the history of our august Federal Courts:

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtsp/pdfs/2015/f-this-court.pdf

That's a good one. I was always partial to the guy who made a "motion to kiss my ass."

http://kevinunderhill.typepad.com/Documents/Opinions/Washington_v_Alaimo.pdf

Edited by That Aud Smell

Friday thread not open so I'll put this here: I'm officially a homeowner again. :) I railed against it a while back when d4rk was asking for advice, but there's redeeming qualities and out here it actually IS cheaper to buy than rent. Lots of projects to do!

He's sort of out of his mind, and sort of isn't. He is past the point of no return - that is for sure.

And the judge really did lose control, didn't he? I'd heard that the judge, after he got off the bench, almost immediately self-reported to the committee overseeing judges in his state, apologized, recused himself, etc., etc.

As for the disclosure, it sounded to me as though the defendant was imagining things that could in theory exist (but in that case did not). Counsel represented that he turned over everything he had. Maybe the gripe is that counsel didn't push enough for what could be obtained? I dunno.

That's a good one. I was always partial to the guy who made a "motion to kiss my ass."

http://kevinunderhill.typepad.com/Documents/Opinions/Washington_v_Alaimo.pdf

That's how I read it.

We've and other weatherheads will like this. I saw my first circumzenithal arc today. It wasn't spectacular and might even have been a circumhorizontal arc. It looks like part of an inverted rainbow and it's caused by ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. This one was nestled in some really cool cirrus clouds.

We've and other weatherheads will like this. I saw my first circumzenithal arc today. It wasn't spectacular and might even have been a circumhorizontal arc. It looks like part of an inverted rainbow and it's caused by ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. This one was nestled in some really cool cirrus clouds.

Very cool.  Not sure I've seen one before.  I've seen similar at low altitude from ice crystals on frigid days in Winter, but they aren't the same thing. (I know they have a name but I can't come up with it at the moment)

Very cool.  Not sure I've seen one before.  I've seen similar at low altitude from ice crystals on frigid days in Winter, but they aren't the same thing. (I know they have a name but I can't come up with it at the moment)

Sun dog?

Our Wegmans FINALLY!!! is carrying Sahlen hotdogs

Sadly, I haven't seen them at our store in awhile. My wife told me, however, that the store in Downingtown is the smallest Wegmans in the company one of very few that are in the plaza where they rent space. I'll have to look for the dogs in one of the other larger ones.