Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Today is my last day of this hellish work week(s) and tomorrow the Mrs. and I are heading off to Chitown for some much needed R&R. This vacation and time away from work couldn't have come at a better time - dinner reservations booked for every night, river cruise on the first night, Sunday night Cubs/Cards at Wrigley. Should be pretty nice.

As an aside - my employer can suck a giant bag of a thousand marinated in Sidney Crosby's hairless ball sweat.  :censored:

As an aside - my employer can suck a giant bag of a thousand ###### marinated in Sidney Crosby's hairless ball sweat.  :censored:

Amazing :lol:

I got a full time job offer to be a direct care supervisor for people with developmental disabilities.  I'm most likely going to be working with kids. I'm so excited!  :)

Also, I just spent a couple days in Brooklyn with my dad visiting family and eating bagels. Life is good.

I got a full time job offer to be a direct care supervisor for people with developmental disabilities. I'm most likely going to be working with kids. I'm so excited! :)

This is what my wife used to do. She took care of 3 developmentally disabled men for 2 years. She loved it! She loved going to work everyday. She wants to get back into it but now she's a personal care aid for a retirement village/assisted living/nursing facility, and she loves that too.

It takes a pretty damn good person to do that work, Qwk! You'll love it. Good luck!

I got a full time job offer to be a direct care supervisor for people with developmental disabilities.  I'm most likely going to be working with kids. I'm so excited!  :)

Also, I just spent a couple days in Brooklyn with my dad visiting family and eating bagels. Life is good.

:thumbsup:

Glen Mills hasn't had them either, ditto Malvern.  Bel Air, MD is hit or miss, mostly miss.  My sister gets them in Woodbridge, VA regularly though.  I'll settle for some Wardynski's sausage.  Last time we drove a car up to B-Lo we cleaned out a Tops.

As for what's awesome? I got hired as an Athletic Director today.  Sweeeeet.

More awesome, my 4 yr old niece had successful surgery to close 2 holes in her heart this week, she's home with no complications.

Even more awesome than that? She has apraxia and hadn't started talking yet, until last week. 2 different phrases.  It's a big deal.

Aphasia? And that's awesome!

Thanks Kev :)

Let me know if you are the NY area. We are always looking for care supporters for our 9 year old. He has a rare genetic anomoly that effects his motor control and development.... mostly speech. He can be a handful, but is generally a happy sweet kid.

Glen Mills hasn't had them either, ditto Malvern.  Bel Air, MD is hit or miss, mostly miss.  My sister gets them in Woodbridge, VA regularly though.  I'll settle for some Wardynski's sausage.  Last time we drove a car up to B-Lo we cleaned out a Tops.

More awesome, my 4 yr old niece had successful surgery to close 2 holes in her heart this week, she's home with no complications.

Even more awesome than that? She has apraxia and hadn't started talking yet, until last week. 2 different phrases.  It's a big deal.

KoP didn't have them the other day either. I'm not holding out hope for Collegeville, even if I had a reason to get up there. Also, I didn't realize you must be pretty close if we're talking about local Wegs; hey neighbor!

Good man and congrats!

Did you take my recommendations on the bagels?

Awesome.

https://www.rt.com/usa/355799-satanic-temple-alaska-assembly/

This atheist lady led a satanic prayer before some city council or county assembly meeting in Alaska. I love it!

I think it belongs in this thread but I can put it in the politics thread as well since any debate about it will likely steer into political discourse.