Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

So, at work we use earmuffs to communicate with the operator room, and when turning them on there is an lady saying:

"Battery high"

And that keeps reminding me of quagmire saying "Hi, byeee !" so i always say bye to my self when she says High!

Haha, sounds weird but i always laugh when i put the earmuffs on.

Why do I feel like the Sabres would be a better team if their training facility and lockerroom looked like that? Concrete walls and cheap putt-putt carpeting?

Why do I feel like the Sabres would have trouble getting players to stay if their facilities weren't high class. PA- circa 2009

Genuinely good people are still out there, and they are awesome.

I had a ceiling fan installed by an electrician at my house back in early August.  Nice young guy.  At the time he'd asked who was helping me move, and I'd told him I didn't know yet and would probably end up hiring someone once I figured out which weekend in September.  He'd offered that a number of his friends from youth group have trucks and he could probably get a group of people to help move me for free (!) if I'd like.  So last Sat. he and 4 other guys and 2 girls (none of whom I'd met) showed up to my apartment with three trucks, and they had my apartment emptied and everything unloaded at the house inside 2.5 hours, and since we finished early, they invited me to join them for lunch after.  Some of the nicest, most amazing people I've ever met, and it still blows me away that someone would do that for a stranger.

Apparently Metallica is feeling its roots based on the two songs off their new album that have been released. I'll never be a fan like I was when I was in high school, but this takes me back; this song could be straight off Master of Puppets (other than not being 8 minutes long)..

Check out "Moth to Flame" too if you're a fan of that era. It's a bit more Justice or Black than this, but still like hearing a lost track from an old favorite band.

Apparently Metallica is feeling its roots based on the two songs off their new album that have been released. I'll never be a fan like I was when I was in high school, but this takes me back; this song could be straight off Master of Puppets (other than not being 8 minutes long)..

Check out "Moth to Flame" too if you're a fan of that era. It's a bit more Justice or Black than this, but still like hearing a lost track from an old favorite band.

Moth into Flame is the best song Metallica has made in years. I'm going to have to see if the rest of the album is any good.

(big "And Justice for All" fan here)

Moth into Flame is the best song Metallica has made in years. I'm going to have to see if the rest of the album is any good.

(big "And Justice for All" fan here)

I must be the strange one, I never liked Justice the way I liked the first three. Something about the production just didn't have the raw energy of the first three. That could well be Cliff Burton haunting the sessions, I dunno.

I must be the strange one, I never liked Justice the way I liked the first three. Something about the production just didn't have the raw energy of the first three. That could well be Cliff Burton haunting the sessions, I dunno.

The first three albums are excellent as well.

Really I liked all their albums up to St. Anger. They lost me at that album and I just haven't liked them since.

The first three albums are excellent as well.

Really I liked all their albums up to St. Anger. They lost me at that album and I just haven't liked them since.

I'm not even sure when that came out, and I was a yuuugggeeee Metallica fan. I went to Media Play at midnight with my metal-loving bandmates to buy Load on the day it was released. I haven't bought one since. It makes me kinda sad in a way.

I'm not even sure when that came out, and I was a yuuugggeeee Metallica fan. I went to Media Play at midnight with my metal-loving bandmates to buy Load on the day it was released. I haven't bought one since. It makes me kinda sad in a way.

When I was a freshman at RIT in 2005 I did a little time at the radio station there. When I asked where the Metallica was, I was informed that all their CDs had been thrown out because of the Napster crisis.

I proceeded to dig through their vinyl archive and found all of Metallica's albums on vinyl. They hadn't thought to look in the vinyl collection because this was right before the retro fad with vinyl took off.

I ended every show with a vinyl Metallica cut.

Justice is probably my favorite Metallica album. Don't get me wrong, I love Puppets and I love Ride the Lightning. Creeping Death may be my favorite Metallica song ever. But there is just something about ...and justice for all. Something about that album just clicks with me. I don't skip a single song on the entire CD.

If you don't have SiriusXM it's probably available on YouTube, but check out the whole Metallica appearance on Stern from earlier in the week if you can.  As is typical with Stern musician interviews he focuses on the song writing process, where the lyrical inspiration comes from and how songs are ultimately pieced together etc...  Cool stuff.   They played Master of Puppets, Sad But True and a track off the new album live in studio.

If you don't have SiriusXM it's probably available on YouTube, but check out the whole Metallica appearance on Stern from earlier in the week if you can. As is typical with Stern musician interviews he focuses on the song writing process, where the lyrical inspiration comes from and how songs are ultimately pieced together etc... Cool stuff. They played Master of Puppets, Sad But True and a track off the new album live in studio.

A friend of mine was telling me about the Stern interview yesterday. I'm going to have to check it out.

Justice is probably my favorite Metallica album. Don't get me wrong, I love Puppets and I love Ride the Lightning. Creeping Death may be my favorite Metallica song ever. But there is just something about ...and justice for all. Something about that album just clicks with me. I don't skip a single song on the entire CD.

It might be my favorite. Although I really liked the special S&M album.