Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Sure, but do you think Uber drivers in other cities have normal personal insurance?  I'd be shocked if that were the case in NYC -- Uber drivers here have to have taxi licenses & registrations.

The rest of the world does not operate according to NYC Taxi union desires.

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of the state, NYC medallion system.  We really appreciate it like we really appreciate everything else your crappy city does to us.

Edited by Eleven

The rest of the world does not operate according to NYC Taxi union desires.

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of the state, NYC medallion system.  We really appreciate it like we really appreciate everything else your crappy city does to us.

Those medallions are really pricey ~840K down from their high a few years ago of ~1300K.  I just finished 8 days in NYC.  I was really surprised how cheap taxis and the subway were.  Now the price of food, aye chihuahua

Recently completed a bucket list item..

NYC Helicopter 1.MOV

Edited by wjag

Uber cars in NYC don't have medallions. Somehow the yellow cab lobby got outmaneuvered on that one.

I think whoever blamed the unions for WNY not having Uber might be right -- but which union? Is there a cabbie union in WNY that is that well connected?

Them flies sound like an impulse purchase then. lol

Absolutely. We were fishing the small lake in Old Forge and noticed the fish in that lake were super active on the surface so i said eff it and bought some flies. Still didn't catch anything but they were cool to mess with. I think I liked em. Maybe a fly rod is on my list of things to get soon.

Those medallions are really pricey ~840K down from their high a few years ago of ~1300K.  I just finished 8 days in NYC.  I was really surprised how cheap taxis and the subway were.  Now the price of food, aye chihuahua

A Helicopter is just an awesome way to see anything! Roof top take off is a very unique experience.   

That's pretty sick.

LOL

Two rods, a net, and 5 trays of hardware never leave the back of my vehicle.  You never know when you might need the reboot.

And my commute is the Thruway.   :P

I'm serious.  Would be nothing fancy.  No boat these days.  Might involve a pier.  Maybe the Niagara River gorge.  Plenty of creeks I need to re-discover.

When I lived in Red Stick, you couldn't drive 10 miles on I-10 w/out seeing someone pulled over to the side fishing.

Awesome- driving your car after driving a rental for awhile. 

Said rental car was like driving a toaster- horrible visibility. Which is why I got sideswiped in the super narrow congested streets of Vancouver and why I have to pay a butt ton to fix the dent incurred by the massive ass of an SUV. Sigh.

Also awesome- I've never experienced anything like the midnight finish line of the Ironman. These are the people who have been going for 17 hours, these are the people who are not professionals or were hurt somewhere on the course and didn't quit. The race was a washout mostly- it was in the high 40s and pouring- many many athletes dropped out after the swim or suffered through hypothermia like my friend. But that finish line- I high fived so many athletes from different countries as they found a last burst of energy to get across before the cutoff. You want inspiring sports moments- that was a tear jerker at times. Competitors in their late 60s/early 70s. A woman whose entire right leg/hip was frozen was just hobbling along, sobbing and smiling as she made it 5 minutes before the cutoff. Utterly amazing. 

Not as awesome- 4 hour red eye flight over the stormy Canadian prairies with a screaming toddler who howled and shrieked the whole time.... and I'll have a story for the complaint thread tomorrow about the Toronto Pearson airport. But awesome is your bed after 27 hours awake. 

Didn't see a whole lot of Canucks pride in Vancouver- which surprised me. I know it's the off season, but other NHL cities usually still have signs in the bars and such year round. Nada. 

Said rental car was like driving a toaster- horrible visibility. Which is why I got sideswiped in the super narrow congested streets of Vancouver and why I have to pay a butt ton to fix the dent incurred by the massive ass of an SUV. Sigh.

If you rented the car with a credit card; don't forget to check what they might cover.

I've gotten drunk in Cleveland. It's a good time.

I was in Cleveland for an Indians game vs the Twins. CC vs Santana. The Indians won it. It was a fantastic game! The Jake was rocking! We left the game expecting to party. Aaaaaaand the whole city went to sleep. To make matters worse, the strip club had their B squad working.

The only redeeming part of the trip was the next day, we went to Cedar Point. No lines, no waiting all day long! That was awesome.

Edited by ubkev

You'd be surprised how many bartenders & waitresses asked "you're on vacation ... and you came to Cleveland?" w/ the :unsure: look. :lol:

I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland. It's a great place if you know where to go. Good museums, too. Now d4rk gets to go with me every few years for my heart checkups at the Clinic, which means Great Lakes Brewery visits  :beer:

The only redeeming part of the trip was the next day, we went to Cedar Point. No lines, no waiting all day long! That was awesome.

Cedar Point is the absolute best. Just don't ride front row on a buggy night. I learned the hard way.