F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I've had a great week. I feel like I turned a corner last weekend. I'm not stuck in the cycle of misery that I've been in since my missing half was diagnosed in August. I'm still sad and I still miss her, but I feel like life is worth living again. I'm sure there will be dark days ahead, but I think I'm out of the abyss now.

That is indeed f'n fantastic :thumbsup:

Walked with my boys to get a fish fry at our church, which is right next door, came home and ate it on our balcony, Scotch Ale in a cold Growler, O's game starting in 5 minutes. It is good.

I just had my first fish fry in years. It was nice. But damn, it will be another 5 years before I ingest that kind of fat again.

My parents are in town on their way back to Buffalo from Florida, so I'm going to leave work early today to pick up some fresh haddock from the local seafood market and cook up a classic WNY fish fry for the family. We did one at the start of lent and I've still got it all these years after retiring from my fry cook career at one of WNY's top fish fry establishments.

Apparently I missed the memo about taking vacation today. Pretty much my entire department is on vacation and I'm blasting my music. Also, it's amazing how productive you can be when you don't have people bugging the ###### out of you all day. Probably got 3 days worth of work done.

I've had a great week. I feel like I turned a corner last weekend. I'm not stuck in the cycle of misery that I've been in since my missing half was diagnosed in August. I'm still sad and I still miss her, but I feel like life is worth living again. I'm sure there will be dark days ahead, but I think I'm out of the abyss now.

Good man.

Walked with my boys to get a fish fry at our church, which is right next door, came home and ate it on our balcony, Scotch Ale in a cold Growler, O's game starting in 5 minutes. It is good.

Just how adventurous a drinker are you?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=growler

President of Burundi, right next to Tanzania. Yeah, i learned them all when i had chicken pox.

If you don't know the geography, it goes Poland, Czechoslovakia, Holland, Venezuela, Africa, Beirut, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon...