F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Camper packed, unbelievable weather ahead, 1/4 and 1/6 kegs chilled (one of Canadian one of Shiner Bock, not sure which is which), two day tailgait ending with watching a bunch of hicks turn left really fast.

I forgot the most important part, getting the F out of Jersey. F'N Fantastic!

dEnnis: What about stuffed inside one of your shoes in the closet or something like that? Obviously I'd advocate putting the box inside a ziploc or something to avoid foot funk transfer, but could be a place you can monitor easily that she wouldn't have reason to get into.

Edited by biodork

dEnnis: What about stuffed inside one of your shoes in the closet or something like that? Obviously I'd advocate putting the box inside a ziploc or something to avoid foot funk transfer, but could be a place you can monitor easily that she wouldn't have reason to get into.

a good idea indeed. I think I'll take you up on this one! Thanks Bio!

I planned it out with her mom. We're going to go to her favorite park down in Ithaca and "set up" for a family BBQ. But before everyone arrives, I'll ask her (her mom is the only one that knows I'm popping the question Sunday, so it should be a surprise to everyone).

That sounds just about perfect. Knock 'em dead.

Camper packed, unbelievable weather ahead, 1/4 and 1/6 kegs chilled (one of Canadian one of Shiner Bock, not sure which is which), two day tailgait ending with watching a bunch of hicks turn left really fast.

I forgot the most important part, getting the F out of Jersey. F'N Fantastic!

Huh. Never pictured you for a NASCAR fan.

Huh. Never pictured you for a NASCAR fan.

I kind of view it as traveling abroad and experiencing a foreign culture. I don't think I could name three drivers. I like the people I go with, though, and it's a pretty great party. All I have to do is provide the camper and drink, then I sit back and watch them try to out food each other (FTR, a pad of truffle butter melted on a steak is ridiculous).

• 2 weeks later...

Had a fantastic time at the Bison's game tonight. They came back from a 3-0 deficit to win 5-3 by the end of the top of the ninth. We were with a large gang of parents/kids/friends from school and the fire works were icing on the cake. I haven't been to a ball game since going to see the Blue Jays in TO when I was a teen. Even my kids were following the game. I often wondered how that team survived - I can see why it appeals to folks. The stadium has all of the goodies and most seats are good seats, and cheap. It's not something we would do routinely, but I think the Bison's just earned at least one summer appearance from us going forward.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought my interview went exceptionally well. Knew quite a folks in the group from my days in the auto industry. Honestly, my 2 hrs there almost felt like coming home. It was that familiar and comfortable.

Obviously i have no idea what my competition looks like, but i feel super confident about how I represented myself. I am def qualified for the position. I should here back in a week.

I thought my interview went exceptionally well. Knew quite a folks in the group from my days in the auto industry. Honestly, my 2 hrs there almost felt like coming home. It was that familiar and comfortable.

Obviously i have no idea what my competition looks like, but i feel super confident about how I represented myself. I am def qualified for the position. I should here back in a week.

Well...? Still looking good after reading through the details last night?

For me:

1) The plant I thought the rabbits had killed off a couple weeks ago is showing signs of life, now that I've found a non-toxic repellent (Tabasco / garlic water spray).

2) Spent last Thurs-Friday around Watkins and Seneca Lake, with beautiful weather and clear skies. Only wish I could've stayed longer!

3) The weather here yesterday and today is F'N Fantastic as well -- clear and warm, not humid.

4) After today we're down to just 1 of the 3 summer students, which is much more manageable. Nice kids, but so much extra work having them around!

Edited by biodork

Well...? Still looking good after reading through the details last night?

Just finalized our negotiations. Pending a drug and background screening I am back in the automotive industry. Real nice raise and decent bennies.

The whiskey is going to pour tonight.

Just finalized our negotiations. Pending a drug and background screening I am back in the automotive industry. Real nice raise and decent bennies.

Sweet -- congrats, again!

Great weekend planned starting with my summer hockey teams banquet tonight (we won a $250 gift card for the restaurant and only 8 can make it). Tomorrow we're heading to a town about a half hour away (Cobourg) where Justin Williams is parading around the Stanley Cup and his Conn Smyth trophy. That'll be nice taking our little guy too. Then some darts with the boys tomorrow night and got my brother 5th row tickets to the Jays game Sunday for his bday. 5 o'clock can't come fast enough....

Congrats Weave.

Edited by Derrico

Sorry to hear that man. It sounded like a sweet gig. ;)

Sorry to hear that man. It sounded like a sweet gig. ;)

I'm not askeerd to put in my resignation notice before the screening.

Yeah. They're bound to find out that he posts here.

Oh, fudge. I hadn't considered that.