F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Physics 104 Final exam in fifteen minutes, then a few more, and home for the summer on Monday. Cannot wait.

Is that Dynamics (motion stuff)? Blocks sliding down inclined planes and whatnot?

Is that Dynamics (motion stuff)? Blocks sliding down inclined planes and whatnot?

I'm sure he'll reply, but if I were to guess, even-numbered undergrad physics courses are the spring semester (see also: the calendar; it's May). At the 100 level, that's usually waves, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, circuits, light, and sometimes random other introductory bits like fluids, nuclear, quantum, aerodynamics, or other fun stuff.

I'd also guess a bit more and say he learned the blacks and inclined planes (kinematics) in Physics 103, which would be the preceding (and prerequisite) course.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

I'd also guess a bit more and say he learned the blacks and inclined planes (kinematics) in Physics 103, which would be the preceding (and prerequisite) course.

Again, let's keep it in the other thread.

I hate trampolines.

Someone has one up the hill behind us and all we get are giddy kids screaming ... :censored:

Yes sir, I am a grumpy old man.

Oh yeah ...

I think I probably complained on a Thursday some time ago about my wife finding a "funny looking" change in a mole on her breast. In my younger days I used to play connect the dots, but I digress ...

Anyway, my wife went to the Dr. and had it removed, again some time ago. Just got the results today (it took so long to hear from pathology that we had forgotten about it). Results from pathology = BENIGN.

FANTASTIC!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I hate trampolines.

Some one has one up the hill behind us and all we get are giddy kids screaming ... :censored:

Oh yeah ...

I think I probably complained on a Thursday some time ago about my wife finding a "funny looking" change in a mole on her breast. In my younger days I used to play connect the dots, but I digress ...

Anyway, my wife went to the Dr. and had it removed, again some time ago. Just got the results today (it took so long to hear from pathology that we had forgotten about it). Results from pathology = BENIGN.

FANTASTIC!!

This deserves to be cross-posted to the awesome thread too!

Friday! Wooo. So supposedly I am hanging out with 4 lovely attractive girls tonight. I don't expect anything at all and I think I am just friends with them but wing women are better than wing men. Also there is nothing going on at work because of finals so my office is taking a long lunch.

So, if you think that hanging out with four attractive young ladies is too much, I'd be happy to, you know, assist with one or two.... :) Hey, at least I tried...

I hate trampolines.

Someone has one up the hill behind us and all we get are giddy kids screaming ... :censored:

Oh yeah ...

FANTASTIC!!

I think you should jump on that trampoline to celebrate ;)

I'm sure he'll reply, but if I were to guess, even-numbered undergrad physics courses are the spring semester (see also: the calendar; it's May). At the 100 level, that's usually waves, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, circuits, light, and sometimes random other introductory bits like fluids, nuclear, quantum, aerodynamics, or other fun stuff.

Bingo! Except the thermodynamics, that's next spring, it was circuits, electricity/magnetism, waves. Nailed the rest :P And thank you, it was a little tricky but nothing that wasn't manageable. I really appreciate the help though haha ;)

Not sure why my quote feature doesn't work but I'm completely on board with you NS regarding those damn trampolines!! Neighbour has one in the house behind us and half the neighbourhood of kids show up everyday yelling and screaming. I let my great dane out to run around for a bit and they just try and torment her. Damn kids lol......

Also, great news about your wife man.

Not sure why my quote feature doesn't work but I'm completely on board with you NS regarding those damn trampolines!! Neighbour has one in the house behind us and half the neighbourhood of kids show up everyday yelling and screaming. I let my great dane out to run around for a bit and they just try and torment her. Damn kids lol......

Also, great news about your wife man.

There are 3 trampolines on my cul-de-sac. I don't have one in my yard, but my kids are usually on one of them at any given time, and yes they can get pretty rowdy and loud. Our subdivision is conservatively 75-80% families with young children though so I think most folks understand and tolerate the rowdiness unless it's happening after dark. Yet, there is this one house beyond the woods behind my man cave that yells from their back porch for the kids jumping on the trampoline to quiet down. They even left an anonymous "concerned neighbor" note on my neighbors front door about kids making too much noise on the trampoline at 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon. Recently I found out that this is a retired couple of approximately my parents age. WTF were they thinking and did they expect by moving into a neighborhood loaded with young children?

There are 3 trampolines on my cul-de-sac. I don't have one in my yard, but my kids are usually on one of them at any given time, and yes they can get pretty rowdy and loud. Our subdivision is conservatively 75-80% families with young children though so I think most folks understand and tolerate the rowdiness unless it's happening after dark. Yet, there is this one house beyond the woods behind my man cave that yells from their back porch for the kids jumping on the trampoline to quiet down. They even left an anonymous "concerned neighbor" note on my neighbors front door about kids making too much noise on the trampoline at 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon. Recently I found out that this is a retired couple of approximately my parents age. WTF were they thinking and did they expect by moving into a neighborhood loaded with young children?

I love people who make an endless amount of noise complaints. In my old apartment we had this 50-something couple living below us who would call us weekly to complain. I should have known right from the start that they were going to be a pain when they complained about me making too much noise when I was moving my stuff in at around that same time, 3pm on a saturday. The best though was when they called the landlord a few days before Christmas to complain about my roommate and I playing loud music and slamming heavy objects onto the floor. My roommate was in California and I was in Buffalo.... No one was even home! That right there was all the proof I needed that these people were just power hungry and would make stuff up so that they could have this false sense of being in charge in the building.

Not unlike folks that move out into a rural area and then complain to the town board about the smell from manure, the sound of gunfire, and the smell of smoke from burning scrap piles.

I'm back in ohio and it's a sunset on one side, severe tstorm on the other, with a huge rainbow. And I just got an email asking me to teach digital illustration at RIT in the fall. Ladies and gents, I am going to be a professor. I shall corrupt young minds. But I better find shirts that hide my cleavage and curb the fart jokes first.

Edited by Josie914

I love people who make an endless amount of noise complaints. In my old apartment we had this 50-something couple living below us who would call us weekly to complain. I should have known right from the start that they were going to be a pain when they complained about me making too much noise when I was moving my stuff in at around that same time, 3pm on a saturday. The best though was when they called the landlord a few days before Christmas to complain about my roommate and I playing loud music and slamming heavy objects onto the floor. My roommate was in California and I was in Buffalo.... No one was even home! That right there was all the proof I needed that these people were just power hungry and would make stuff up so that they could have this false sense of being in charge in the building.

I had the same thing happen at an old apartment. The upstairs neighbors called and complained about noise in my apartment - I was on vacation in California the day they complained.

Guess someone must've broken in, threw a major rager, and cleaned up and left everything exactly the way I had left it. Kinda like Weird Science, I guess.

I'm back in ohio and it's a sunset on one side, severe tstorm on the other, with a huge rainbow. And I just got an email asking me to teach digital illustration at RIT in the fall. Ladies and gents, I am going to be a professor. I shall corrupt young minds. But I better find shirts that hide my cleavage and curb the fart jokes first.

Congrats!!

Very nice.

Keep the cleavage. Your male students will pay better attention.

Congrats, Jo!! That's awesome!