F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

This seems like a good threat for my 6000th post. B-)

Happy Friday everyone.

Congratulations. You haven't been Potato all along, I don't think. COSabresFan maybe? And I was almost a fan of carbon monoxide with this team last season. Heyyoooo.

Buying the ring today...taking a long lunch to go pay for it (well half). I won't see it for a few more days. They need to adjust the setting and size.

I'm excited.

Good man.

Congrats to you and your bride.

I will give you the same tidbit of wisdom that I always share at a moment like this ... you and your bride are a team now and never forget it. Don't let anything, or anyone, come between you.

=====

Happy B-Day, Taro.

Good advice. I will add my own: pick 3 things you REALLY care about, let your better half know what they are in a calm and kind, but firm, manner when you are discussing life plans, and let her have her way on everything else.

Do we have to revoke another man card for wanting to see the ring?

Yes.

Or... he's not talking about the ring!

Very nice.

Congratulations. You haven't been Potato all along, I don't think. COSabresFan maybe? And I was almost a fan of carbon monoxide with this team last season. Heyyoooo.

Yeah, I was (toxic gas)Sabre for a while. Then I thought I'd switch to "I can count to potato" Sabre. But, that was too long. So then I figured just plain ol' Potato would do since EdibleTuberSabre was too weird.

Thanks everyone. I'll post a picture or video or something down the road when I ask.

And Happy Birthday Taro!

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Yeah, I was (toxic gas)Sabre for a while. Then I thought I'd switch to "I can count to potato" Sabre. But, that was too long. So then I figured just plain ol' Potato would do since EdibleTuberSabre was too weird.

You could have gone w/ 'unpatentable plant' if 'potato' seemed too plain.

I'm heading to beautiful Nova Scotia tomorrow. I'm flying in with my wife and one year old (God I hope the little guy doesn't have a meltdown on the plane) to do some sight seeing from Saturday until Thursday and then have a conference in Halifax from Thurs evening until next Sunday.

We've got plans to do some whale watching and will spend a couple of days on the Cabot Trail. My personal favourite items are a tour of Keiths Brewery as well as a tour of the Glenora Whisky Distillery. Should be good times with some great fresh seafood.

Picked the ring up today...now to hold onto to it until Sunday without giving it away. :unsure: This is going to be difficult

Just put it in your pants.

"You'll never guess why I'm so happy to see you"

Picked the ring up today...now to hold onto to it until Sunday without giving it away. :unsure: This is going to be difficult

Good man.

Suggestion for the aftermath: have some champagne ready for immediate deployment and dinner reservations at a nice restaurant.

Alternatively, as a friend once mentioned when he was at a similar point in his life -- if he got the wrong answer, he had a nice isolated spot picked out for strangulation and corpse burial.

Good man.

Suggestion for the aftermath: have some champagne ready for immediate deployment and dinner reservations at a nice restaurant.

Alternatively, as a friend once mentioned when he was at a similar point in his life -- if he got the wrong answer, he had a nice isolated spot picked out for strangulation and corpse burial.

All men are romantics at heart.

Good man.

I planned it out with her mom. We're going to go to her favorite park down in Ithaca and "set up" for a family BBQ. But before everyone arrives, I'll ask her (her mom is the only one that knows I'm popping the question Sunday, so it should be a surprise to everyone).

Good luck!

Just put it in your pants.

"You'll never guess why I'm so happy to see you"

Thanks ladies haha! Right now it's in my desk here at work. I think I'll hide it behind my xbox games until Sunday, she never looks at that shelf on the DVD rack...

I planned it out with her mom. We're going to go to her favorite park down in Ithaca and "set up" for a family BBQ. But before everyone arrives, I'll ask her (her mom is the only one that knows I'm popping the question Sunday, so it should be a surprise to everyone).

Thanks ladies haha! Right now it's in my desk here at work. I think I'll hide it behind my xbox games until Sunday, she never looks at that shelf on the DVD rack...

I hid the ring in my golf bag. I could hide bodies in my hockey bag and she'd never know. Funny how they never look at that kinda stuff.

I hid the ring in my golf bag. I could hide bodies in my hockey bag and she'd never know. Funny how they never look at that kinda stuff.

golf bag isn't a bad idea...I just can't lock the (unattached) garage...so I'd be freaking out tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday Morning. The clubs aren't worth much, but they're some of the only things in our garage.