F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I was knocked out hard by illness yesterday. So much that I didn't catch the Thursday thread.

It's fantastic that I'm not sitting on the toilet with a pot in my lap today!

Don't you know when it's stomach illness you just say "under the weather"? Otherwise your friends all picture you spewing from all ends?

how.i.met_.your_.mother.puke_.22.gif

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Tomorrow is our annual St. Patrick's day party. It's always fun, but it might be a little extra stressful this year. My wife sent out an evite and literally nobody said no. Usually you can count on up to 25% of invitees having other plans, so either our party is so good that it can't be refused or we have some friends with empty social calendars. Either way, I have to cook enough corned beef for 60 adults and about 30 kids. Chalk this one up to half complaint Thursday, half fantastic Friday.

:doh:

Tomorrow is our annual St. Patrick's day party. It's always fun, but it might be a little extra stressful this year. My wife sent out an evite and literally nobody said no. Usually you can count on up to 25% of invitees having other plans, so either our party is so good that it can't be refused or we have some friends with empty social calendars. Either way, I have to cook enough corned beef for 60 adults and about 30 kids. Chalk this one up to half complaint Thursday, half fantastic Friday.

:doh:

Potatoes are cheap and very Irish!

On Sunday morning when I changed my (touchscreen) thermostat for daylight savings it became convinced the indoor temperature was a constant 28 degrees. Accordingly, the heat pump was running nonstop in an attempt to reach the programmed setting of 67 degrees. This would normally be a Complaint Thursday topic, but I was lucky that the outdoor temps here were mild enough Sunday-Wed that I could turn the heat off overnight and during the day without worrying about frozen pipes, and I found the exact same model online and received it Wed. afternoon for installation before the temps took another nosedive. I'm calling that an overall win.

Remember that huge Toyota recall a while back after the unintended acceleration issues? Apparently my old Camry was included in the model years, because yesterday I got a check in the mail for $125 out of the settlement! Woohoo!

Remember that huge Toyota recall a while back after the unintended acceleration issues? Apparently my old Camry was included in the model years, because yesterday I got a check in the mail for $125 out of the settlement! Woohoo!

Dammit! My Matrix was on the list and I never signed up.

:censored:

Still on vacation. Slept in until 9:30, went for a run in a beautiful park on a beautiful day, then just had a large midday meal. Now wandering around with family and chilling out on the sidewalk while wife and kids go into various stores.

2 more days of vacation before returning to mountain of work in the office.

F'n fantastic.

Dammit! My Matrix was on the list and I never signed up.

:censored:

Same car. And I never signed up either.

Sorry, guys! I always do those things when I get the cards in the mail because I know I'll forget otherwise. Even though they're usually only $5, money is money, right? I can't even imagine how much in total they paid out if that's the per-person for unaffected owners (meaning someone who never experience the problem directly).

Sorry, guys! I always do those things when I get the cards in the mail because I know I'll forget otherwise. Even though they're usually only $5, money is money, right? I can't even imagine how much in total they paid out if that's the per-person for unaffected owners (meaning someone who never experience the problem directly).

$250M

Still on vacation. Slept in until 9:30, went for a run in a beautiful park on a beautiful day, then just had a large midday meal. Now wandering around with family and chilling out on the sidewalk while wife and kids go into various stores.

2 more days of vacation before returning to mountain of work in the office.

F'n fantastic.

I eagerly await your arrival in the complaint Thursday thread next week :P

The Q playoffs started last night.

The Mooseheads play game 1 tonight at the Metro Centre.

They started horribly this season with several key players either in the NHL, or too old to play in the Q. When Fucale and Drouin returned and the many rookies started to gel they really turned the season around.

Finished with 97 points (47 - 18 - 0 - 3) and the second seed in the playoffs.

Playoff hockey ... nothing like it. Hopefully, the Sabres will get a taste soon.

Fantastic!!

GO MOOSEHEADS!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS