Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Modern health care in the US is depressingly poor (for being a 1st world* nation) . Not all services or providers but man, my recent experience with Kaleida in general was excruciatingly poor, I had to fight tooth and nail to get to an answer, I feel for the patients that don't have much medical knowledge. I was dismissed by a neurologist with a God complex... As an inpatient on day 3 of the hospital stay,  only to order the tests for myself and get to the correct answer. I was told "oh, maybe acupuncture could help, reduce stress in your life, think about less coffee" meanwhile for 8 days, I couldn't walk because my legs were too numb and weak, like I was faking everything. Sadly, I most Kiely missed a prime treatment window for what's going on. 

I won't get into it all here until things are clearer, but it's safe to say that I've cancelled any and all upcoming trips for the foreseeable future and I'm hoping that there's at least a treatment plan for what's going on that will allow me some form of future normalcy. 

I would never treat patients in the way I had experiences last week. 

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Modern health care in the US is depressingly poor (for being a 1st world* nation) . Not all services or providers but man, my recent experience with Kaleida in general was excruciatingly poor, I had to fight tooth and nail to get to an answer, I feel for the patients that don't have much medical knowledge. I was dismissed by a neurologist with a God complex... As an inpatient on day 3 of the hospital stay,  only to order the tests for myself and get to the correct answer. I was told "oh, maybe acupuncture could help, reduce stress in your life, think about less coffee" meanwhile for 8 days, I couldn't walk because my legs were too numb and weak, like I was faking everything. Sadly, I most Kiely missed a prime treatment window for what's going on. 

I won't get into it all here until things are clearer, but it's safe to say that I've cancelled any and all upcoming trips for the foreseeable future and I'm hoping that there's at least a treatment plan for what's going on that will allow me some form of future normalcy. 

I'm so sorry, man.  I hope it's not too serious.

Yes, patients (and their advocates) here have to fight and fight hard.  

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That really sucks.  Really hope the way you kept yourself in good shape prior to this helps keep that window you need for the best results open long enough that your treatment is effective.

Totally get what you're saying about the state of health care in this country.  Have seen stuff 1st hand that's extremely frustrating.  

Keep advocating for yourself and make sure stuff that needs to get done, does.  Good thing you picked the career path you did.  (Though maybe that time spent as an ob-gyn isn't as helpful as some other practice might have been.  ;) )

Best of luck with it.  Will say a prayer for you.

29 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That really sucks.  Really hope the way you kept yourself in good shape prior to this helps keep that window you need for the best results open long enough that your treatment is effective.

Totally get what you're saying about the state of health care in this country.  Have seen stuff 1st hand that's extremely frustrating.  

Keep advocating for yourself and make sure stuff that needs to get done, does.  Good thing you picked the career path you did.  (Though maybe that time spent as an ob-gyn isn't as helpful as some other practice might have been.  😉 )

Best of luck with it.  Will say a prayer for you.

Thanks and thanks to @Eleven. Like I said, I don't want to get too far into it because the differential is still vast, the overall list however, is, unfavorable. I'm not shy about sharing my life with my long time SS family, just don't want to borrow trouble. 

I mentioned before a month or so ago that we initially thought it was from a herniated disc causing cord compression, I wish that was the case now, but that herniation was just an incidental finding. 

Any who, I'll take the good days when they're here, and brace for the bad days and hope I get a reprieve in between. I'll keep watching this hockey team and hope they give us something to cheer about 😊🏒

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Lost power last night for about 1-1/2 hours. Which, courtesy of all the back up power supplies/surge protectors chirping the whole time, didn't get a good night's sleep and apparently shut off the alarm after the wife got up. Fortunately didn't have any morning meetings, but will be playing catch up well into the evening tonight.

Edited by Taro T

Woke up coughing at 5:30 this morning. Haven’t really stopped since. My head cold/flu from last week turned into a chest cold/flu thing this week. Only positive is I’m getting a pretty good ab workout.

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Not really a complaint but, I renewed my motorcycle license plate today for $17.50. I can keep the same plates or for $17.50 or I can get the brand new Excelsior plate for $50 Who would do that?

There has to be someone I guess. People that want to newest thing?

Maybe this is a bit obscure, but my complaint for today is how news article titles are written online.  More and more stuff, even from what you would think are legit sites, is clickbait.  Google or Apple news feeds, front page news from Microsoft of Google, all of it.

What do I mean? Articles Titled "New York state may suspsend your liscense this week"....."Controversial actor confirmed to return to big budget movies", "You won't beleive what (celebtrity) said about their co-star".  National Enquirer style headlines.  

The content of the articles in some cases is something I MIGHT be interested in, but then when you DO click on the article you have to read 4 paragraphs (and scroll through 8 advertisements and 3 more pop ups) before you get to what the article is actually about.

Was down in the Orlando area for a few weeks.  Drivers down there are nuts. Even stranger, it looks like no one gets upset about.  No horn honking, no one finger salute, nothing. Oh by the way, traffic sucks down there. Morning, afternoon and evening…7 days a week.  The only time there is a reprieve is probably between 11pm-5am.  

I4 is crazy and I don’t know how they will ever fix it. 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Was down in the Orlando area for a few weeks.  Drivers down there are nuts. Even stranger, it looks like no one gets upset about.  No horn honking, no one finger salute, nothing. Oh by the way, traffic sucks down there. Morning, afternoon and evening…7 days a week.  The only time there is a reprieve is probably between 11pm-5am.  

Hopefully global warming. 😂

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe this is a bit obscure, but my complaint for today is how news article titles are written online.  More and more stuff, even from what you would think are legit sites, is clickbait.  Google or Apple news feeds, front page news from Microsoft of Google, all of it.

What do I mean? Articles Titled "New York state may suspsend your liscense this week"....."Controversial actor confirmed to return to big budget movies", "You won't beleive what (celebtrity) said about their co-star".  National Enquirer style headlines.  

The content of the articles in some cases is something I MIGHT be interested in, but then when you DO click on the article you have to read 4 paragraphs (and scroll through 8 advertisements and 3 more pop ups) before you get to what the article is actually about.

None of those sites are trying to provide news, just entertainment and clicks. I find AP and Reuters to be solid choices for just news, with worthwhile titles. NPR is good too, but leans a bit left (not nearly as far as the perception though).

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I normally say when the oil runs out, but it does appear that electric cars are going to get there so we'll need another way.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:29 PM, SwampD said:

Correlation is not causation. 

Chances are, if you are someone who was going to buy and eat Peeps, you were most likely going to get cancer, anyway.

I mean, Red Dye #3 isn't actually good for you so it's pretty fair to say, "more people than average of who eat red dye #3 get cancer" and take that as "I shouldn't eat red dye #3". The rest of the ingredients aren't exactly good for you either and have some links to cancer in the "people who eat refined sugars get cancer more often than those that don't" kind of way.

Complaint: it's sunny outside and I'm not.

• Like (+1) 1

• spndnchz locked this topic
  • spndnchz unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...