Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I've got 2 minor ones for today:

1.)  Amazon (for those who don't have overnight prime shipping or buy things that don't qualify for shipping overnight).  This has happened to me a couple times in the past month.  Order something, get an estimate for the day it is delivered.  2 days later get an email that says something like "Now arriving early", telling you the package will be delivered on Thursday instead of Friday. Thursday comes and no package, comes on Friday anyway.

2.)  Walmart.  I'm fine with the shelf checkouts, but they really REALLY need to keep a couple of them for small orders. Go to many of the stores during the late morning or early afternoon and they may have 10 of the small self-checkouts open, 3 or 4 of the self checkouts with the belt open, and 4-5 regular registers open.  NONE of them are express registers.  There is usually along line in the regular checkouts if the store is busy, so I'm there with my 2 or 3 items looking at the self checkouts, and sometimes the line there is full with people with full shopping carts.  Really, how hard would it be to set aside 1-2 of the 10+ self checkouts for people with only a handful of items?

On 7/7/2022 at 8:50 AM, Huckleberry said:

Those electric bikes and steps should have their own lane on the street, seriously how fast do we want people to go on these ?   Some of these steps go faster than cars on the road.

It's been fascinating to see people reinvent the motorcycle and moped 120 years later like it's this magical new thing. In a fantasy world, I'd build a steam-powered bike and see if people complained about using on the (few) bike trails around here.

https://hackaday.com/2020/01/08/the-ruscombe-gentlemans-steam-bicycle/

So I was trying to change lanes with my empty flatbed yesterday. Dude with oversized tires on his pickup truck with boat in tow totally ignored my signal. One of his kids looked up at me as I raised my left hand with the, “What the heck, dude?!” gesture. Even after I finally got over, I saw him weaving in and out of traffic and clearly going above posted speed limits.

What an All-American dad…

Why is their no coverage of major dental work as part of ALL health insurance(including Medicare)?

I am retired, no dental coverage and just spent over $3k for a root canal and crown. 

Luckily, I am in a good position financially, but what about people who don’t have the money to pay a bill like this?  They go without the work being done?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Why is their no coverage of major dental work as part of ALL health insurance(including Medicare)?

I am retired, no dental coverage and just spent over $3k for a root canal and crown. 

Luckily, I am in a good position financially, but what about people who don’t have the money to pay a bill like this?  They go without the work being done?

They get their teeth pulled.

Right or wrong, even dental insurance tends to treat dental procedures as cosmetic/elective.

30 minutes ago, Weave said:

Right or wrong, even dental insurance tends to treat dental procedures as cosmetic/elective.

Yep.  I've had dental insurance before.  It's not useful for anything except for a discount on cleanings every six months.

55 minutes ago, Weave said:

…and that is so wrong that from an insurance perspective, that root canals, crowns and other major dental work would be categorized as such. 😞

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

…and that is so wrong that from an insurance perspective, that root canals, crowns and other major dental work would be categorized as such. 😞

Death comes from the mouth. Take care of your teeth. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

We could have a hell of a conversation about it in the politics club….

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

6 hours ago, Weave said:

I have had two teeth pulled that were beside each other.  The back molar was fine, but the one beside it was dead and needed to a root canal and crown.  For me the choice was easy $3000. + or $250. to pull both (the back molar had nothing to support it and it became problematic and was pulled not long after the other tooth).  Now I just have 2 holes in my head.

My wife has had a lot of dental problems and has had 8 root canals with most crowned.  We spent $15,000 bucks, but had no choice.

Insurance is the biggest (well one of the biggest) scams there is.

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Do you have Medicare?  If so, you can probably get a Medicare advantage plan.  Many advantage plans have optional dental and vision coverage.  My plan has both.  It pays 50% of major restorative work.  The premiums in my area are relatively small.

9 minutes ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

Do you have Medicare?  If so, you can probably get a Medicare advantage plan.  Many advantage plans have optional dental and vision coverage.  My plan has both.  It pays 50% of major restorative work.  The premiums in my area are relatively small.

Still a couple of years away but thanks for the heads up.  👍🏻

Mrs. iT is struggling. She has symptoms of a brain injury from her accident. 
She has nightmares. She starts awake with a jump because she dreams that a volleyball hits her face. 
She clutches me in the night because she has been started awake by a dream of another car accident.

The worst was tonight in the hot tub. She’s just over there crying. 
I gently pry the reason out of her. A less-than-reputable promoter has been suggesting that she doesn’t know what she’s doing. She does. She handles all the Broadway stuff. She’s been doing this 25 years and no one has ever questioned her abilities before. 

The complaint? Now she’s doubting herself. 
Tears me up. She’s an intelligent woman.  She has issues with short term memory now and it sinks her confidence. 

It shouldn’t. She knows her *****. 
I’ve coached her in the ways of the Force. I taught her a Jedi email trick.

It made her smile.

Edited by Ogre
Coached. Couched is for another forum.

4 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I have had two teeth pulled that were beside each other.  The back molar was fine, but the one beside it was dead and needed to a root canal and crown.  For me the choice was easy $3000. + or $250. to pull both (the back molar had nothing to support it and it became problematic and was pulled not long after the other tooth).  Now I just have 2 holes in my head.

My wife has had a lot of dental problems and has had 8 root canals with most crowned.  We spent $15,000 bucks, but had no choice.

Insurance is the biggest (well one of the biggest) scams there is.

Thank God I'm Union and we have NY Medical and Tuoro Dental school near us, dont pay anything...

On the complaint front a dear friend just got diagnose with Stage 4 cancer in his liver, diaphragm and lymph nodes... went to see him in Texas... little rib pain was all.  Starts chemo today... please say your prayers even if he is a Texan.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

My wife sets the a/c on 70. It doesn’t matter if the outside temp is 95 or 75.  It’s freezing in my house all the time.  

I set mine at 65, and when it's winter, the windows are open in my room. I sleep like a damn polar bear. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors has a pet pterodactyl. Their house is across the way, but the squawking is still quite loud and jarring to hear. I feel bad for the people who live right next door!

Bonus complaint: I spent an outrageous amount of money on a bottle of whiskey maple syrup at a farmers market last week because I committed to buy after tasting without asking the price first and didn't want to look cheap by changing my mind. I've decided the only acceptable use for it is to make maple old fashioneds.

22 minutes ago, biodork said:

didn't want to look cheap

I appreciate the sentiment but I am as skeptical as a human could be.

I pride myself on charitable works/efforts but have no problem saying “no”. 

After all, the word exists throughout languages for a reason. 

44 minutes ago, biodork said:

I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors has a pet pterodactyl. Their house is across the way, but the squawking is still quite loud and jarring to hear. I feel bad for the people who live right next door!

Parrots are crazy loud.  

Our next door neighbors had 8 of them at one point. Most knew some words and phrases.  Some of them were rather colorful. The looks on peoples faces walking by were priceless.

39 minutes ago, biodork said:

Bonus complaint: I spent an outrageous amount of money on a bottle of whiskey maple syrup at a farmers market last week because I committed to buy after tasting without asking the price first and didn't want to look cheap by changing my mind. I've decided the only acceptable use for it is to make maple old fashioneds.

I’ll accept this.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, biodork said:

I can’t be the only one who is wondering what the damage was. 

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

Parrots are crazy loud.  

Our next door neighbors had 8 of them at one point. Most knew some words and phrases.  Some of them were rather colorful. The looks on peoples faces walking by were priceless.

I’ll accept this.

8 parrots?? I don't know what would possess anyone to do that on purpose, lol.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I can’t be the only one who is wondering what the damage was. 

$40 image.png.1c0129ea9f0fa1f4e14842edc2f5927b.png