Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This is a revelation?

Our beagle was just diagnosed.  Unfortunately I don't have the extra $10k lying around to extend her life another year or two.  :(

Big op-ed from Donna Brazile in Politico today.

It seems like a very tricky situation. I can see Hillary's side of it. The Dems were financially crippled and the only way to even run a competitive campaign in 2016 was to do some unethical money stuff, and she did what she felt she had to do to make sure a campaign happened at all. Old school politics says that her logic checks out. But in an era where voters are desperate for some authenticity, some honesty, some transparency, it ends up being a really really bad look. 

I can't believe you'd air our personal DMs in public like this. I was just trying to be nice!

:lol:

Today's complaint is just my old company wrecking balling my week/schedule again... said yes to a little freelance, knocked it out of the park last week even with stress... so naturally, they need 3x as much this week... by EOD Friday... and didn't bother to tell me until yesterday that the game's entire deadline is Monday. We're still in the "get the editor in chief at Nickelodeon to look at comps and approve them" stage... so yep, impossible.

God what a gibbering bunch of disorganized unprofessional dorks. From now till 5 tomorrow with slight breaks, I have to put life on hold and devote to them... which I'm only doing because I feel terrible for a couple of the other people on this project who are also being royally screwed. 

Never again. No more work for them without really tight contracts and times laid out like a normal company would do. 

I know we talked about this yesterday, but you need to bill them appropriately to teach them a lesson, because they're being incredibly disruptive to the normal operation of your business. Yes, you have to frame it like this. They're disrupting your allocation of resources to other clients because they are themselves a bad client. 

Bill them straight to hell. 

New HR people. After almost 25 years, I'm on my 8th(?) new one. They all think they are the company.

I'll still be there when this one leaves in two years.

Big op-ed from Donna Brazile in Politico today.

It seems like a very tricky situation. I can see Hillary's side of it. The Dems were financially crippled and the only way to even run a competitive campaign in 2016 was to do some unethical money stuff, and she did what she felt she had to do to make sure a campaign happened at all. Old school politics says that her logic checks out. But in an era where voters are desperate for some authenticity, some honesty, some transparency, it ends up being a really really bad look. 

That is one interesting read and it also describes what happens in every county race in New York State, every election.  The "party" endorses the candidate well before the primary.  Disgusting and complaint-worthy.

I know we talked about this yesterday, but you need to bill them appropriately to teach them a lesson, because they're being incredibly disruptive to the normal operation of your business. Yes, you have to frame it like this. They're disrupting your allocation of resources to other clients because they are themselves a bad client. 

Bill them straight to hell. 

The amazing part is I'm sitting here at 10:45 goobering around on Sabrespace because I need approval on something before i can actually START any of the SUPER URGENT WORK they need...

and no one's in the office yet.... 

Let's see, today's Thursday, so they'll all leave about 4, 4:30 for the bar. Probably will go somewhere "fun" for lunch, so take a noon to 1:30 or 2 pm break there.... 

:wallbash:

So, we have Skype for Business at work.  We also have a dial-in conference line.  (Skype has its own dial-in line as well).  So what I enjoy is that we use Skype and the non-Skype dial-in and so for meetings we have to listen to beeps interrupt the call and people asking who's on... whereas if we'd just use Skype it shows the name of everyone in the meeting. 

And as I said.. they set up Skype conference and the dial-in but still ask who is connecting. 

In a 30 minute meeting this process of identifying who is on the call takes 5-10 minutes.

Hooray for us.

Yup.  Same here.

For people from our company who have their info in the Outlook address list, their phone numbers are known and even if they dial in you see their names (so if they use Skype for the presentation, but call in, they show up twice).  But for people outside, all you see is a phone number.

Our beagle was just diagnosed.  Unfortunately I don't have the extra $10k lying around to extend her life another year or two.  :(

Sorry to hear that.

Our friend passed away Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM.

Another friend gave birth at around 10:00 PM Monday night.

So, one soul left and one was born.

Nothing boils my blood more than posting and begging for approval, which takes forever to make everyone pay attention, everyone is on board, I get ready to move on, and saint high horse rolls in and overrides the art director and everyone else with 8 billion changes that he couldn't be fu*ked to mention like... 3 hours ago. Mind you, not construction criticism. Never "Hey, that element isn't working, try doing x or y instead". It's just "yeah that looks bad. that doesn't work. nope. that's a bad idea." and everyone cows over and then I have more hours added to this fu*kin nightmare. 

So much anger. I may not survive this. I've gotten used to decent clients. HOW did I DO this for 5 years... 

This is a revelation?

I do get people wanting to keep a dog longer around, when my dog got cancer we knew it wouldn't last long.

could have operated but the vet said that would not help him much, thing is in the end its only a dog.   Just give it the best few months it has left.

Hell I even gave mine chocolate in the end, not supposed to give it to a dog, but I was like oh well you don't have long to go eat as much as you want.

Only a dog?

:(

This is exactly what the vet went through after spelling out the costs to my wife:  he said that most people will not spend that much money on a dog.  Yes, it's a member of the family, but vets understand that most people don't have the resources for expensive treatments for a pet, and would never "Only a dog? :( " you.

The funny thing is, Cookie has had lumps for years; they were a cysts just under her skin and 3 or 4 times we had them removed.  The first time they were checked for cancer and came back negative; after that we didn't pay the diagnostic fee.  This time, though, the wound didn't want to heal so we took her back and they did the test.  She's 12 and so far she's apparently not feeling pain.  She's acting normal (i.e., dumb as a brick, stubborn as a mule, but awfully sweet, as is the wont of beagles), wags her tail, enjoys her walks (as long as you go where *she* wants to go).  The vet said she probably has 6-12 months before things go downhill.  This has been my son's dog since he was a teenager, so this will be a tough thing for him to go through.  I kind of expect that he will want to be there if she has to be put down.

Snapped at a co-worker today and had to apologize. He didn't do anything wrong, but he's got a customer that I hate dealing with and I took it out on him.

Been struggling to shake some tension lately. It's been going on a few weeks now where I feel like I'm just constantly clenching my teeth. Not sure what's driving it, probably a lot of things. I probably need a vacation  :lol: 

Going to try in earnest to start playing hockey again to see if it helps. Not sure how my injury from the summer will respond, but I'm at my wits end with not getting much exercise because of it. Bought a new jock that is a looser fit so hopefully that'll reduce my chances of any inflammation. Discovered that East Aurora's outdoor rink has a Monday night novice instructional league that runs 8-10pm and should be pretty low key, so I'm going to give that a shot Monday I think. 

Ugh. 

Snapped at a co-worker today and had to apologize. He didn't do anything wrong, but he's got a customer that I hate dealing with and I took it out on him.

Been struggling to shake some tension lately. It's been going on a few weeks now where I feel like I'm just constantly clenching my teeth. Not sure what's driving it, probably a lot of things. I probably need a vacation  :lol: 

Going to try in earnest to start playing hockey again to see if it helps. Not sure how my injury from the summer will respond, but I'm at my wits end with not getting much exercise because of it. Bought a new jock that is a looser fit so hopefully that'll reduce my chances of any inflammation. Discovered that East Aurora's outdoor rink has a Monday night novice instructional league that runs 8-10pm and should be pretty low key, so I'm going to give that a shot Monday I think. 

Ugh. 

The place across the street has some pretty good beer. I can't remember its actual name, but it's something like Gryffindor Pub.