Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Been there.  Best of luck.  Best advice I can give is don't give up and stay open minded.  That was the hardest part for me: open minded.  

Yeah, same here.  I haven't had to actually search for a job in almost 10 years, and this is a whole different animal at this career stage.  I wish I had some way of knowing if the places I've applied to have looked and aren't interested or are simply slow to get in touch with people.

Yeah, same here.  I haven't had to actually search for a job in almost 10 years, and this is a whole different animal at this career stage.  I wish I had some way of knowing if the places I've applied to have looked and aren't interested or are simply slow to get in touch with people.

That was the most excruciating thing about job hunting.  The feeling of not knowing if someone had actually opened up your documents was just overbearing on quiet days.  Best of luck to you! 

Gonna have to put down my cat I've had for 18 years. Kidneys have been on the outs for awhile but hadn't affected her quality of life...but a few days ago she started having trouble walking, and it has deteriorated fairly rapidly and she's in obvious pain. Had her for nearly 2/3 of my life :(

Aw I'm so sorry :( 18 is a long time for a kitty. Sounds like she had a lovely, long life, though. 

My complaint: job hunting.  Ugh.

Godspeed. 

4 tests this week, and 1 next week.

Then finals in two weeks. Not really sure why we have to cram 5 tests and 2 projects in the last 2 weeks of classes 

There are many times I catch myself reminiscing my college/university years.  Exam season is not one of them.  Good luck man.

Thermo test tomorrow.

Good luck as well.

IT'S FREAKIN' SNOWING!!

ON FREAKIN' APRIL 23RD!!

That's cause I sent our snow from here to you. Yep, yesterday I walked out and told the snow to get the hell out of here, and go hang with NS. 

Glad I could be of such assistance to my Brothers and Sisters from the Great White North

:devil:

That's cause I sent our snow from here to you. Yep, yesterday I walked out and told the snow to get the hell out of here, and go hang with NS. 

Glad I could be of such assistance to my Brothers and Sisters from the Great White North

As has been pointed out to me, NS is very much East from Western New York.

So the great white not-so-north in this case

It was snowing in Ithaca today...so you obviously didn't send it far enough

Gonna have to put down my cat I've had for 18 years. Kidneys have been on the outs for awhile but hadn't affected her quality of life...but a few days ago she started having trouble walking, and it has deteriorated fairly rapidly and she's in obvious pain. Had her for nearly 2/3 of my life :(

so sorry. remember the good times.

Anyone ever wish they had a huge bong in front of them and just want to pack it with a quarter ounce and blaze for about five hours? That's how I feel.

I was never huge into it before I gave it up, but man, I sure know that feeling. Some days you just wanna hit the reset button.

I'm pretty sure that I will never truly get a day off for the rest of my life.

…Oh, and online games that don't let you turn off the sound. Do I really need to hear goofy music and cheesy 8 bit sound efx?! I'm trying to listen to Pandora FFS! (or WGR)

I'm pretty sure that I will never truly get a day off for the rest of my life.

This is how I feel lately.  I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of weekends I've had off since December, and have fingers left over.  Working again this weekend.

The nearshore trout/salmon fishing in Lake Ontario won't last more than a couple-three weeks longer and I can't seem to get a day off to go chase them.

Not quoting everything, but thanks all for the kind words. If she makes it through the night she's being put down tomorrow morning. And yea, 18 is very much a full and long life, so can't complain there. As always, this place is a welcome distraction.

Sorry. Sucks having to let one go. You have my condolences.

They invented these things called computers and magically you can input your schedule into them and it will even notify you when you have to do ######.  How the hell is it so difficult that in the last week here everyone single one of my immediate co-workers with 1 exception have ###### up their schedules and each time is impacts me.  "Oh I forgot about that"  IT WAS ON YOUR F########## CALENDAR FOR A MONTH!  Seriously how hard is it to double check it?  It is literally attached to your email so you see it 50 times a day.  Dear god people.  Worst part everyone is just all "well everyone forgets sometimes".  I am the youngest person in the office, I have yet to screw up like ppl did this week. Some of them went home and missed appointments and were like, "oops forgot"... you were literally in the office on your computer 5 seconds prior.

Edited by LGR4GM