Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm sorry, Blue and shrader.   :(  And d4rk, I hope you feel better!  My complaint this week is shallow but I'm gonna say it anyhow.

I have to go to a baby shower on Saturday for a friend from high school.  First off, I dislike baby showers even more than I dislike babies.  Trying to guess baby food flavors and playing other stupid games while pretending to fawn over little clothes and the like... ugh.  And there's usually no booze, except there might be for this one because her mother is a functioning alcoholic.  The really horrible part of the shower is that her mom, who is hosting, lives in a trailer park.  I've been there before and it's not a bad area or home, and she's a nice lady, but FFS how are you going to host a baby shower in a trailer on a tiny lot in a trailer park?!?  WTF?

I like Termite Infested Hardcore Bio........you're bringing it like your goalie just got run......

My suggestion? At the shower, suggest a game where everyone writes down on a card who could have been the father of the baby at some point in the last few years. You all hold it up at the same time and get a chuckle when there a 5 different names.....

I like Termite Infested Hardcore Bio........you're bringing it like your goalie just got run......

My suggestion? At the shower, suggest a game where everyone writes down on a card who could have been the father of the baby at some point in the last few years. You all hold it up at the same time and get a chuckle when there a 5 different names.....

:P  Fortunately my friend has very little in common with her mom, lol.  She's a school teacher in MD and has been happily married for a few years now, so no questions about paternity.  I'm just glad this isn't a surprise shower because I would've felt compelled to warn her in advance.

I still have dreams about my ex.  I don't want her back, I'm much happier now.  It just sucks that I'm still dealing with the fallout from that relationship.  On the flip side, that's about the lamest complaint ever so I'm doing ok.

You're gonna have dreams about her 20 years from now. If they're bad....don't take them out on your wife.....if they're good, throw your pajamas in the laundry before she wakes up......

I'm sorry, Blue and shrader.   :(  And d4rk, I hope you feel better!  My complaint this week is shallow but I'm gonna say it anyhow.

I have to go to a baby shower on Saturday for a friend from high school.  First off, I dislike baby showers even more than I dislike babies.  Trying to guess baby food flavors and playing other stupid games while pretending to fawn over little clothes and the like... ugh.  And there's usually no booze, except there might be for this one because her mother is a functioning alcoholic.  The really horrible part of the shower is that her mom, who is hosting, lives in a trailer park.  I've been there before and it's not a bad area or home, and she's a nice lady, but FFS how are you going to host a baby shower in a trailer on a tiny lot in a trailer park?!?  WTF?

Just cut loose, couple drinks, smoke a little dope, and burn down that trailer park

Just walk in with a handle of Jack and be like " Let's PARTY !!!!!"

You're gonna have dreams about her 20 years from now. If they're bad....don't take them out on your wife.....if they're good, throw your pajamas in the laundry before she wakes up......

Reminds me of Krutov still dreaming of playing with Larionov, Fesitov, Kasatonov, and Makarov a month before his death.

I'm sorry, Blue and shrader. :( And d4rk, I hope you feel better! My complaint this week is shallow but I'm gonna say it anyhow.

I have to go to a baby shower on Saturday for a friend from high school. First off, I dislike baby showers even more than I dislike babies. Trying to guess baby food flavors and playing other stupid games while pretending to fawn over little clothes and the like... ugh. And there's usually no booze, except there might be for this one because her mother is a functioning alcoholic. The really horrible part of the shower is that her mom, who is hosting, lives in a trailer park. I've been there before and it's not a bad area or home, and she's a nice lady, but FFS how are you going to host a baby shower in a trailer on a tiny lot in a trailer park?!? WTF?

Oh yeah, well I'm a man. And I have been invited to 2 of my friends girlfriend's baby showers in the past year.

Seriously people? Inviting men to baby showers? Just ask me for money if you need it. That would seem less like begging to me.

I'll be in the waiting room handing out cigars at the birth of my next child. Now if you damn kids would get off my damn lawn, I will be returning to the 1940s.

Oh yeah, well I'm a man. And I have been invited to 2 of my friends girlfriend's baby showers in the past year.

Seriously people? Inviting men to baby showers? Just ask me for money if you need it. That would seem less like begging to me.

I'll be in the waiting room handing out cigars at the birth of my next child. Now if you damn kids would get off my damn lawn, I will be returning to the 1940s.

I drew that line early in my marriage when I refused any suggestion I should attend for my own kids. I didn't ask for it, I didn't want it and I was absolutely firm in my resolve to not go.. It worked.

I drew that line early in my marriage when I refused any suggestion I should attend for my own kids. I didn't ask for it, I didn't want it and I was absolutely firm in my resolve to not go.. It worked.

My wife is in 100% agreement with me. She laughes when I get the invitations. She would never want me at her baby showers.

Yeah it's normally understood that guys are exempt from all that nonsense and are free to go drink while the ladies carry on.  And most of the ladies are happy to attend, but I am the anti-female and hate this sort of thing.  If I ever get married and have my own kinds (unlikely) I will refuse to have either a bridal or a baby shower.  It's just another pain in the ass party where people feel compelled to buy you more crap.

A year or so ago, the wife and I got roped into watching the kids while her sister held a shower for her best friend.  Somehow that babysitting duty turned into full participation in the shower for both of us.  I had never met the woman once in my life.  It was beyond awkward.

Yeah it's normally understood that guys are exempt from all that nonsense and are free to go drink while the ladies carry on.  And most of the ladies are happy to attend, but I am the anti-female and hate this sort of thing.  If I ever get married and have my own kinds (unlikely) I will refuse to have either a bridal or a baby shower.  It's just another pain in the ass party where people feel compelled to buy you more crap.

I'm almost 40 and single (shocker!)......but a little part of me wants to stage an Andy Kaufman fake wedding to a girl 7 months pregnant. This way between the wedding shower, wedding gifts, and baby shower......I can give the girl the baby stuff....craigslist the wedding shower gifts....and pocket the cash from the wedding itself. I will call in a favor and have the reception at Russell's, but have a ziti and potato buffett and a cash bar. The cards will be in the box by the time they find out.

That should make up for the $30K I'm out the past 20 years going to everyone else's events........

Watch Trailer Park Boys for inspiration. THen make like Mr. Lahey and **** off. 

trailer-park-boys-o.gif

I dread my first baby shower invitation. Pretty sure I'll be in bridesmaid land in a few months again- my best friend from college is most likely gettin' a ring on it next month. That'll be a fun time though- she's a tattoo artist goth chick. 

I've already decided if I have a bachelorette party if I get married it'll be laser tag, gokarts, or camping and paintball. AKA d4rk and pals would probably just join in. Been to enough wasted bad memory inducing bachelorette parties with penis themed gag gifts (what a ball!) where I haul an unconscious girl up the stairs or hold her hair while she hurls... screw that. Not fun. Killed my respect for most of the people present. Better ways out there to enjoyable spend my money and time. 

Mrs. Bottle left for Texas on business this morning. 

6 days as a single father. I barely made it through the first 6 hours.

Between driving the little Bottles around to their various places, I have no idea how my wife gets any work done.

That said, Once we're done with school/work tomorrow, we have a pretty fabulous mens weekend planned!

Said goodbye to my long-time partner for the next 3 1/2 months... She's tackling a major step in her career in between Junior/Senior year of college and her parents are not aware that we are still together. Racial and cultural barriers really suck. It is and will be killing me for the next few weeks.

My wife works late all week so I'm home alone in the evenings. When I'm alone at home I like to be comfortable. I'll hang out for a while in a towel after a shower. I'll watch hockey in boxer briefs and a tee. My mother in law just walked right through my front door with no warning. No knock. No phone call. Just walked right in. Thank God I was wearing pants. She did have fresh cookies but... Thank God I was wearing pants. I've already called my wife. This can not be a regular thing!

Said goodbye to my long-time partner for the next 3 1/2 months... She's tackling a major step in her career in between Junior/Senior year of college and her parents are not aware that we are still together. Racial and cultural barriers really suck. It is and will be killing me for the next few weeks.

I have to do something similar next summer, because our school's physics department is so small. Though there aren't cultural barriers in my case, there are other things I haveto worry about and I'm not looking forward to being gone that long. Best of luck to you and her.

I have to do something similar next summer, because our school's physics department is so small. Though there aren't cultural barriers in my case, there are other things I haveto worry about and I'm not looking forward to being gone that long. Best of luck to you and her.

Thanks man. It's tough.