Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I call bullsh*t. My money buys a space. That space consists of my seat in the fully upright position and the seat in front of me in the fully upright position. That is the default condition of the space I have purchased.

I therefore have the option of expanding my space into the space of the person seated behind me so long as it does not make them unhappy. I'm effectively being given that space.

I also have the option of refusing to allow the individual in front of me to encroach upon the space I have purchased. I expect common courtesy to be extended to me in the form of that person asking whether or not I mind if they recline their seat.

The problem, and the reason the knee defender exists, is that people lack common courtesy. People will gladly take that space I have paid for without asking me if I mind. And that is bullsh*t.

I pretty much disagree with this entire post.

I'm pretty sure you pay for a SEAT on a plane, not a space. If the seat you pay for reclines, the passenger behind you does not have the right tell you you are not allowed to use what you have purchased. That guy is a grade A douche. His parents should be proud.

Too. Much. Work.

And some a$$hole cop gave me a speeding ticket on Sunday morning. I had only briefly sped up because I was passing someone at the end of a two-lane merge and wasn't even speeding by the time he pulled me over, but that didn't stop him from writing me a citation for $137.50. Last time (and only other time) I got pulled over was in 2005. What a d!ck.

Edited by biodork

My chameleon died last week. She was 3.5 years old. Perfectly fine one day; taking her last breaths in my hand the next.

When I bought her, Petco claimed that they only sold males, because females lay eggs often and you have to jump through hoops to help them. Had to go through those hoops every couple months! They also do not live as long. I was later told that I was lied to.

I also found out a couple months ago that my cat is a female. Turns out Scottsville Animal Hospital lied 4 years ago when I got her. I even have paperwork from them claiming that she was a male, and that I paid for neutering.

I also found out a couple months ago that my cat is a female. Turns out Scottsville Animal Hospital lied 4 years ago when I got her. I even have paperwork from them claiming that she was a male, and that I paid for neutering.

Maybe the lawyers on here can opine, but that doesn't sound like being lied to, that sounds like outright fraud.

I'm annoyed by able-bodied people constantly using the automatic door intended for the handicapped. The little button even has the wheelchair logo on it. Are you people really too lazy to open a door yourself? I don't know if it's just because I've been programmed all these years to avoid anything with that blue wheelchair logo because it's not for me, but it drives me crazy seeing people use nothing but that door here. Hell, the last time I went to a Sabres game, I felt incredibly odd parking in a handicapped spot even though I had my dad and his placard with me. I guess I'm just that hard-wired to not use handicapped stuff.

Too. Much. Work.

And some a$$hole cop gave me a speeding ticket on Sunday morning. I had only briefly sped up because I was passing someone at the end of a two-lane merge and wasn't even speeding by the time he pulled me over, but that didn't stop him from writing me a citation for $137.50. Last time (and only other time) I got pulled over was in 2005. What a d!ck.

I'm sure you know this already, but it's worth the time and aggravation to go to traffic court and contest the ticket. Frequently the cop doesn't show up and the case is dismissed; otherwise, you can usually plead it down and avoid getting points on your license.

I'm annoyed by able-bodied people constantly using the automatic door intended for the handicapped. The little button even has the wheelchair logo on it. Are you people really too lazy to open a door yourself? I don't know if it's just because I've been programmed all these years to avoid anything with that blue wheelchair logo because it's not for me, but it drives me crazy seeing people use nothing but that door here. Hell, the last time I went to a Sabres game, I felt incredibly odd parking in a handicapped spot even though I had my dad and his placard with me. I guess I'm just that hard-wired to not use handicapped stuff.

I'm with you on the door, but I will admit to using the handicapped stall in the bathroom from time to time...

only time I use that blue button and the auto door is when I'm carrying stuff in or out of where I'm going. ANyother time, I'm with ya.

I'm with you on the door, but I will admit to using the handicapped stall in the bathroom from time to time...

Now that is one that doesn't bug me. It's kind of like the really low urinal. You avoid it if there are other options, but sometimes only one is open. Short of other doors being broken, there is never a case where the automatic door is the only option. Even then, I'd still open it manually as opposed to hitting the button.

And dEnnis, I can live with that use. The people I see here though are never carrying anything more than a purse. It's right in line about my old complaint about a previous job where they had a weight management department on the second floor of the building and people would always take the elevator to and from that office. People as a whole have become ridiculously lazy and we now have a big obesity problem.

On that note, I've made a decision. With my new job, I work on the 6th floor and have been taking the elevator. I'm done, stairs it is from now on.

just got an email that our septic system is backed up at work...Only one bathroom in entire facility now: the exact opposite side of the building from I'm located. ######!!

Is it the handicapped stall?

And at first, I typed that out as "handicapped staal". This living in NC thing must be taking its toll on me.

Is it the handicapped stall?

And at first, I typed that out as "handicapped staal". This living in NC thing must be taking its toll on me.

haha no sadly.

and the bathroom thing wouldn't be an issue if the ###### and piss wasn't coming up thru the floor in the lab next to mine :sick:

My chameleon died last week. She was 3.5 years old. Perfectly fine one day; taking her last breaths in my hand the next.

When I bought her, Petco claimed that they only sold males, because females lay eggs often and you have to jump through hoops to help them. Had to go through those hoops every couple months! They also do not live as long. I was later told that I was lied to.

Sorry about the chameleon, and holy smokes either your vet is disturbingly incompetent or downright deceitful.

I'm sure you know this already, but it's worth the time and aggravation to go to traffic court and contest the ticket. Frequently the cop doesn't show up and the case is dismissed; otherwise, you can usually plead it down and avoid getting points on your license.

The way he wrote it I didn't get any points (just the ridiculous fine). I mailed the check yesterday to be done with it, but it pisses me off.

And new complaint: I somehow overslept my alarms by 2 hours and now found out I have no water because a just main broke somewhere nearby and it'll take them 4-6 hours to fix it. Lovely.

Edited by biodork

On that note, I've made a decision. With my new job, I work on the 6th floor and have been taking the elevator. I'm done, stairs it is from now on.

I've read fairly recently that taking the stairs at work, if you're on a floor that's in the range of your situation, has surprisingly substantial health benefits.

I'm on the 4th floor myself. Maybe I'll get in on this too.

I've read fairly recently that taking the stairs at work, if you're on a floor that's in the range of your situation, has surprisingly substantial health benefits.

I'm on the 4th floor myself. Maybe I'll get in on this too.

I'm on the 5th and do this. It's funny to me how often I arrive at my floor around the same time as others I saw getting on the elevator. Bugs the crap outta me when an able-bodied person gets on the elevator to go 1 floor.

Oh hell yes. It's palatial. And we don't have any male workers in a wheelchair or on crutches anyway.

On the door situation: WTF is with train stations and hotels with small revolving doors? Helpful hint: people in train stations and hotels often have luggage. That means they either need a regular door or a BIG revolving door, like airports have. I was forced to use the automatic wheelchair door several times this past weekend.

I'm on the 5th and do this. It's funny to me how often I arrive at my floor around the same time as others I saw getting on the elevator. Bugs the crap outta me when an able-bodied person gets on the elevator to go 1 floor.

Especially when they go DOWN one floor!

Another complaint: people who blatantly lie to your face. My boss had asked a colleague to do something, but he tried shoving it off to me (I'm technically in a higher position than he, but he's been here much longer). I asked my boss for pertinent info, and he was mad that I had that task now and said to give it back because he specifically gave the task to coworker.

I asked said coworker if he had called the customer and done what was asked, and he said it was given to him to give to me and that it wasn't his responsibility and that he was too busy. This coworker comes in late and leaves early every day, and sits at his desk blogging or doing something recreational every day, and rarely does much work until the last possible minute and when that happens "he's so busy he can't be bothered". It doesnt help that he is also one of the most condescending people I've ever met. I want to just slap him upside the head. :censored:

Good news is my company got sold and the Private equity firm sold their shares, bad news is its to another Private Equity firm.

Guess the only positive news is that this one actually has money to invest in our company, as long as they don't decide to strip us and sell us piece by piece.

Stupid next door neighbors who could not care less about their landscaping(or mowing the grass unless it is a week or more beyond needing a cutting). These idiots actually paid a landscaper to come in and redo the landscaping in front of their house this spring. They then proceeded to ignore doing any maintenance(all it takes is an hour a week for an area this small). It is now full of weeds.

Same people that have had scrap lumber(remnants of an old swing set) laying against their deck for two years now. Throw it out!

Have some f***ing pride in your property. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by LabattBlue

Another complaint: people who blatantly lie to your face. My boss had asked a colleague to do something, but he tried shoving it off to me (I'm technically in a higher position than he, but he's been here much longer). I asked my boss for pertinent info, and he was mad that I had that task now and said to give it back because he specifically gave the task to coworker.

I asked said coworker if he had called the customer and done what was asked, and he said it was given to him to give to me and that it wasn't his responsibility and that he was too busy. This coworker comes in late and leaves early every day, and sits at his desk blogging or doing something recreational every day, and rarely does much work until the last possible minute and when that happens "he's so busy he can't be bothered". It doesnt help that he is also one of the most condescending people I've ever met. I want to just slap him upside the head. :censored:

That's where you return to the boss and let him know that the co-worker refused to do the work and tried to pass if off to you a second time. He's not long for the world if you do that.

I'm completely on board with ensuring handicap friendly devices/spots are respected but I'm not sure the automatic door opener is one. Is this a separate door or just the regular door and people are hitting the button? I work in a fairly large office and there are people in and out constantly and on the way in it's a pull motion. I always feel bad for not standing and holding it for the person behind me as there is always someone coming but usually atleast a few seconds back. Rather than stand and wait everyday or be a jerk I'll usually hit the button as I'm going in so as to keep it open for the person behind me. I don't think that's a d*ck move.

Completely agree with those taking the elevator up one floor. Don't be lazy. I work on the fifth floor and take the stairs twice a day. I'm still out of breath at the end though and it's been a year and a half. Not sure it's been helping with stamina haha.

That's where you return to the boss and let him know that the co-worker refused to do the work and tried to pass if off to you a second time. He's not long for the world if you do that.

Mhm. I would pretty much go out of my way to get this guy canned.

working on it. This is second time he's done this. Only problem is that we need him to train a few people on some testing that only he knows how to do, and we've almost gotten everything from him...

Especially when they go DOWN one floor!

I'll sometimes do that to save my knees, but usually not. I almost always take the stairs up. Also, walk to the far end of the building to use the can instead of the one just down the hall. Every little bit helps.

Complaint: baby time dilation. hours will pass doing tasks that should only take a few minutes without me noticing they've gone by.