Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My cable bill comes out to just over $80 a month. For whatever reason, the people who lived in my house before me had all of the cable jacks deactivated/disconnected except for one. I had no choice but to call Time Warner and get a few of the other ones activated. They said they would do it free of charge. So the guy showed up, did the work, and also left us another box for the TV that hadn't yet been delivered by the movers. About a week later when the movers did show, I setup that TV, but the box wouldn't work. They had to send another guy a couple days later to replace it. Yesterday I looked at my bill online and it is up over $300. It won't show me why, so I can't wait to get that bill in the mail. I'm sure that free visit from the tech guy magically turned into me being charged for two visits. I'd understand if they charged me for the first one, but there is no chance in hell that I should be charged for a second visit because they installed a faulty device.

This will be a fun talk with customer service once that bill arrives.

Time Warner? yeah good luck with their customer service. They upped my fiance's and my cable bill for no reason. Spent well over an hour on the phone getting the charges dropped. Eff them. If there was any other option in my area, I would take it.

cicada?

looks to be just that

I'm finding that I am getting annoyed by everyone lately, very annoyed. They all use so many superfluous words, at such a frantic (one might say manic) pace that I want to just get away and take a walk in the woods just so I can think. I don't know if it's because I stopped watching TV 2 weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure that is the reason.

It is just amazing to me the meaningless minutia that people dive into and talk about, and most time they are not even listening to themselves.

We live in a time where amazing things are happening, yet people think the most banal ###### is exciting and "the best thing ever!"

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS DOG WITH THIS HAT? CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT AMAZING THING HAPPENS NEXT!

I hate everything.

We live in a time where amazing things are happening, yet people think the most banal ###### is exciting and "the best thing ever!"

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS DOG WITH THIS HAT? CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT AMAZING THING HAPPENS NEXT!

I hate everything.

what do you think you are, weather.com or something. cut out the caps chief :P

what do you think you are, weather.com or something. cut out the caps chief :P

It's everywhere and it's making me crazy. People just eat this ###### up. And then it influences how they perceive things in real life! A minor problem becomes a crisis. Something inconsequential becomes AMAZING.

Stop it. Stop using words that don't apply. Everything isn't "EPIC" or "UNBELIEVABLE".

Seriously, THIS DOG HAVE YOU SEEN IT? OMG IT'S AMAZEBALLS!

il_570xN.256076412.jpg

It's everywhere and it's making me crazy. People just eat this ###### up. And then it influences how they perceive things in real life! A minor problem becomes a crisis. Something inconsequential becomes AMAZING.

Stop it. Stop using words that don't apply. Everything isn't "EPIC" or "UNBELIEVABLE".

il_570xN.256076412.jpg

:huh:

you're scaring me man lol. That pic is epic. :ph34r:

I kid

anyways, yeah, I've noticed it more with people that are younger than me lately (so the under 25 groups) than any other age group. But I think that can be attributed to the technological age that they've come up in, with all the side bar ads on their websites and the social media and what not.

:huh:

you're scaring me man lol. That pic is epic. :ph34r:

I kid

anyways, yeah, I've noticed it more with people that are younger than me lately (so the under 25 groups) than any other age group. But I think that can be attributed to the technological age that they've come up in, with all the side bar ads on their websites and the social media and what not.

I blame "reality tv" and the people who continue to watch it. There's some notable parallels between this issue of over-valuing the banal and what you see on the Learning Channel, etc.

I think Greg Bauch has done a phenomenal job of taking on the noble task of watching and writing about The Bachelor, Bachelorette, et. al. for Trending Buffalo. If you haven't read these pieces yet you should. Keep in mind you don't need to know squat about these shows except that the season finale of the Bachelorette back at the end of July drew 8 million viewers. And that number is DOWN from the previous season.

http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/life/the-bachelor-life/contaminating-our-oceans-with-sex/

http://gregbauch.blogspot.com/2014/07/bachelorette-recap-andi-dumps-her.html

Andi Dorfman is finally going to find love. No one said it could be done. Including me. Tonight, we witness the epic final battle between Nick V. and Josh. I wonder if, hundreds of years from now, drunk guys will get together to reenact the battle between Josh the baseball player and Nick V. like some guys do now with the Civil War. Will they dress time-specific with scarves and pink shorts? Will there ever be a president Nick V? Will the History Channel produce a 6-part series about tonight’s finale, narrated by Charles Kuralt?

These and many other questions will never be answered because they are dumb.

Maybe. It's just humongous, though (that's what she said). I hope it's gone when I get home or I might need to move. :P

Aww cicadas. I used to collect their shells after they shed them- I thought they were the coolest things ever as a kid. Well, I'd bring buckets of them into the porch.... and my mum put a stop to it after I brought a few in that hadn't actually finished shedding first... Just a porch full of those suckers, whizzing around and banging into windows and freaking out the cats...

Worst part about cicadas- running at night or early morning and accidentally crunching one that's chillin' on the sidewalk or road. Blegh.

Aww cicadas. I used to collect their shells after they shed them- I thought they were the coolest things ever as a kid. Well, I'd bring buckets of them into the porch.... and my mum put a stop to it after I brought a few in that hadn't actually finished shedding first... Just a porch full of those suckers, whizzing around and banging into windows and freaking out the cats...

Worst part about cicadas- running at night or early morning and accidentally crunching one that's chillin' on the sidewalk or road. Blegh.

Yuck! Any bug that is big enough to crunch when squished is not okay in my book.

il_570xN.256076412.jpg

To hell with the descriptions, I intensely dislike this practice of playing dress-up with animals.

Maybe. It's just humongous, though (that's what she said). I hope it's gone when I get home or I might need to move. :P

:wub:

:blush:

I think he said it too.

Anyway, you do realize that that creature is one of God's creations and it has a right to a happy and good life. If that includes some time in / near your home, well I think you just need to suck it up and go along with God's plan.

Not that I'm preaching, or anything.

;)

I think he said it too.

Anyway, you do realize that that creature is one of God's creations and it has a right to a happy and good life. If that includes some time in / near your home, well I think you just need to suck it up and go along with God's plan.

;)

God gave me feet that I may squash the bugs.

To hell with the descriptions, I intensely dislike this practice of playing dress-up with animals.

I dress my dog up on halloween every year, if nothing more than the satisfaction I get when he gives me the EFFFFF YOOOUUUUU face ;) (he was a dinosaur 2 years ago, Batman last year. it's great

I dress my dog up on halloween every year, if nothing more than the satisfaction I get when he gives me the EFFFFF YOOOUUUUU face ;) (he was a dinosaur 2 years ago, Batman last year. it's great

d4rk and I put a doggie sweater on the cat when he's being a complete and absolute dick. And because I think it's hilarious. He also doesn't seem to mind it that horribly much. Yeah, I guess we're horrible people. I give it ten minutes before d4rk gets on here and says it's mostly me. (you do it too and you know it).

I put an outfit on my dog for Halloween one year. He wouldn't move. Just stood there looking at me.

I think he said it too.

;)

I don't need to kill it; I just want it to stay the heck away from me!

God gave me feet that I may squash the bugs.

:lol:

d4rk and I put a doggie sweater on the cat when he's being a complete and absolute dick. And because I think it's hilarious. He also doesn't seem to mind it that horribly much. Yeah, I guess we're horrible people. I give it ten minutes before d4rk gets on here and says it's mostly me. (you do it too and you know it).

That cat sweater is all you :lol:

Although to be honest he doesn't seem to hate it. He just gets confused because it messes up his depth perception.