Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Why are there two fantasy football threads?

One is specifically about the SS League, the other is about all FF. Like the Around the NHL thread compared to the Sabres players only threads.

My only complaint, I can't spend more time with my newborn. I took 2 1/2 weeks off subsequent to his birth and I wish it was 2 1/2 years. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

One is specifically about the SS League, the other is about all FF. Like the Around the NHL thread compared to the Sabres players only threads.

My only complaint, I can't spend more time with my newborn. I took 2 1/2 weeks off subsequent to his birth and I wish it was 2 1/2 years. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

:thumbsup:

That was awesome. It needs to be in the awesome thread. I really hope that there is some sort of middle ground that I might be lucky enough to find some day.

I daydream of living away from society from time to time. Left to my own devices I think I could pull off living relatively isolated. I wouldn't want the challenges this guy had, but a small place in the middle of nowhere, with running water and heat? Yeah, I could see myself content there.

Reality has me in a compromise with my wife, a small retirement place on a chunk of land located a reasonable drive away from germy places.

Yeah, I know. Just being difficult. But you do remind me of another complaint, Fantasy Football. It's not so much the game itself (I've done it. It's fun), it's the having to hear about this guy or that guy got me this many points, or if he only would have just run it in instead of the flicking to the RB, or if they would have just kicked the field goal instead of taking a knee,… God I ###### hate it. I don't care if you play it, just shut up about it. Nobody cares.

I didn't mean you ink. I meant the people I watch Bills games with all Sunday long.

I daydream of living away from society from time to time. Left to my own devices I think I could pull off living relatively isolated. I wouldn't want the challenges this guy had, but a small place in the middle of nowhere, with running water and heat? Yeah, I could see myself content there.

Reality has me in a compromise with my wife, a small retirement place on a chunk of land located a reasonable drive away from germy places.

Sometimes I think about what it would be like to go completely off the grid. But I think I like being social. I generally like people. I'd like to have a lake house up in Canada somewhere maybe. Or the Adirondacks. Not quite off the grid, but enough so that all the electronic BS we're a part of now becomes moot. We've broadened our community to the global level online, but the immediate local level is sorely lacking.

Sometimes I think I'd like to live on a reservation. Ignoring all the obvious negative context, the community that I assume must exist there is desirable on some level. I don't know, I'm just rambling.

Honestly, if they don't improve the quality and life expectancy of these systems soon. I'm gonna tear mine out and look my kids right in the eyes and say, "sorry guys, they couldn't solve it."

Better start a post-apocalyptic watchlist on netflix.

Start with Waterworld

Then the Mad Max Trilogy

Finish with Wall-e to instill false hope.

I think elevators should have a zone in front of the door where if you are standing in it when the door opens you receive an electric shock. I'll never understand people who try to enter an elevator while people are exiting. It's a simpler concept than tying your own shoes.

I have to throw the Road in there somewhere, since it'll be a father-son endeavor.

I'm not really a dog person, so I am Legend is out.

Which Dredd? both?

Both for sure. Watch the new one first then the Stallone one to lighten the mood.

I think elevators should have a zone in front of the door where if you are standing in it when the door opens you receive an electric shock. I'll never understand people who try to enter an elevator while people are exiting. It's a simpler concept than tying your own shoes.

Totally agree on the elevators, but I'd prefer is lock them in place, so they have to wait for next pass.

Also, related to the earlier conversation, there are some moments when I love things that the internet brings us:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dystopian_films#Post-apocalyptic