Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Sorry to hear the bad news chz. I will keep you and your pup in my thoughts and prayers.

CSB ... that's tough, but you and your wife are good parents. As for your house troubles, it will all work out.

-----

My complaint is silly, but I have that damn JBJ song stuck in my head now. Thanks for nothing, GCOE.

yeah, ###### cancer

I'll second that one, for people and pets. A friend of mine was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer recently. He finally went to the doctor to get it checked out and they found a grapefruit sized growth on his brain. He asked the doctor what percentage chance he had to recover, and the doctor looked him in the eye and said "none." He had an operation about three weeks ago to remove it, and is going through radiation, but it's really taking a toll on him. For someone who was easily the friendliest, most warm and outgoing person I knew, he's a shell of his former self.

I'll second that one, for people and pets. A friend of mine was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer recently. He finally went to the doctor to get it checked out and they found a grapefruit sized growth on his brain. He asked the doctor what percentage chance he had to recover, and the doctor looked him in the eye and said "none." He had an operation about three weeks ago to remove it, and is going through radiation, but it's really taking a toll on him. For someone who was easily the friendliest, most warm and outgoing person I knew, he's a shell of his former self.

Geez. There's always a chance, man... my grandfather went home on Hospice somewhere around 1999 with an inoperable brain tumor. He died this past March (2014) of lymphoma.

Geez. There's always a chance, man... my grandfather went home on Hospice somewhere around 1999 with an inoperable brain tumor. He died this past March (2014) of lymphoma.

Definitely true. My grandmother "died" of a massive heart attack back in 2000. She was pronounced dead and taken off of life support. After my aunt had left the hospital, giving the green light to take her off life support, they noticed some activity in her vitals and she came back. She thought it was 1975, but she was back. 75% of her heart was permanently damaged and not functioning, so they told us to expect her to live another year tops. She finally passed away last year, having lived 13 years on 25% of her heart, and it was dementia and alzheimers that did her in. The doctors could never explain how she came back.

Definitely true. My grandmother "died" of a massive heart attack back in 2000. She was pronounced dead and taken off of life support. After my aunt had left the hospital, giving the green light to take her off life support, they noticed some activity in her vitals and she came back. She thought it was 1975, but she was back. 75% of her heart was permanently damaged and not functioning, so they told us to expect her to live another year tops. She finally passed away last year, having lived 13 years on 25% of her heart, and it was dementia and alzheimers that did her in. The doctors could never explain how she came back.

Amazing stuff.

A couple of co-workers from my previous employer warmed me that my old employer would try to get away with not paying out my un-used vacation benefit. Early last week my boss asked me if I could work extra hours to help train a co-worker to do some of the things I was responsible for. I told her that I had over 20hrs of vacation accrued, and that I'm willing to work extra hours as long as I was going to get the accrued vacation time in a check, otherwise I was going to use that time. She assured me that I would get paid for my unused vacation. So I worked a bunch of extra hours that week. Got my last paycheck from my previous employer yesterday. The overtime was in there, but guess what was missing. Yep, my accrued vacation time was conveniently not in there. The owner's wife handles HR, I emailed her immediately. She responded with a lame apology for forgetting. FFS they had 17 people quit in the 14 months I worked there. They should have employee separation down to a science by now.

If I don't have a check by next pay day (Wednesday) I am not screwing around. I will contact NYS Dept of Labor.

Just finished up being audited by a most serious auditor at work. Anyone who has worked in food, knows what a bear these can be. I was really at my wits end 15 minutes into the audit on Tuesday. He was grilling me and I was struggling to provide the answers. Struggling not because I suck but because our support system sucks. I must have looked in 500 different files on our network to access the info I needed and it still want enough. Thankfully,only cams out of it with a few minors. I was taking it pretty bad and at one point thought my job might be in jeopardy. At the end of the audi, the auditor had nothing but praise for me. Quite shocked.

The $3000 permanent crown that would've been the final step in replacing my tooth (something that has been around 14 months in the works) didn't fit yesterday and needs to be re-made. "Only" 2 more weeks for another one, but still.

Tues. was trying a new experiment at work that took all day and was a near complete failure due to a combination of extremely poor instructions from the manufacturer and whichever a-hole decided to put empty tubes of reagent back in the fridge.

And I'm stuck watching my dad's stupid dog Labor Day weekend. I love animals in general, but for this one I feel no affection. She's dumb, she sheds everywhere and barks at everyone, she chews her toenails (really!) when I'm trying to sleep, and she wants to get up at 6am every day (I normally get up at 7am during the week, but much later on the weekends). The only reason I agreed is my dad is helping me with some house repairs this weekend and I felt wrong saying no to his request, but not looking forward to it. My mom was going to visit part of that weekend from out of town and I know that stupid effing dog is just going to bark her head off and drive us crazy.

And I'm stuck watching my dad's stupid dog Labor Day weekend. I love animals in general, but for this one I feel no affection. She's dumb, she sheds everywhere and barks at everyone, she chews her toenails (really!) when I'm trying to sleep, and she wants to get up at 6am every day (I normally get up at 7am during the week, but much later on the weekends). The only reason I agreed is my dad is helping me with some house repairs this weekend and I felt wrong saying no to his request, but not looking forward to it. My mom was going to visit part of that weekend from out of town and I know that stupid effing dog is just going to bark her head off and drive us crazy.

I love my older dog to death, but she always wants to get up at 5:30 on the weekends. She's a small dog (shih-tzu/lhasa apso mix), so she and our pure-bred shih-tzu sleep on the bed with us. Drives us nuts when she's giving us the metal-melting heat stare and whine at 5:30 on a Saturday.

My complaint: I strained a muscle in my mid-upper back and it hurts to do...well...pretty much everything.

The ALS Ice Bucket challenge.

Excuse me but I don't need to be guilted into charity. I give what I can to the organizations that I choose.

Beat me to it.

Going camping at Keuka starting tomorrow and squirrels chewed threw BOTH propane tank hoses this week. Now I have to find time this morning to get to the propane store before work to get replacements or we don't have hot water or a fridge for the week.

I love my older dog to death, but she always wants to get up at 5:30 on the weekends. She's a small dog (shih-tzu/lhasa apso mix), so she and our pure-bred shih-tzu sleep on the bed with us. Drives us nuts when she's giving us the metal-melting heat stare and whine at 5:30 on a Saturday.

My complaint: I strained a muscle in my mid-upper back and it hurts to do...well...pretty much everything.

Yeah, my lhasa/shih tzu mix did the same to me when he got older. That sucked, but I had a long and happy history with him before he started pulling that nonsense. This dog is only a couple (5?) years old and hasn't earned it, at least from me. I'll have to try making her sleep outside my room and see if that helps.

Excuse me but I don't need to be guilted into charity. I give what I can to the organizations that I choose.

Agree completely. Although if you're gonna participate, Bissonnette did it well:

Not that most are donating anyway. Hell, most of them don't even say ALS anymore, it's just the ice bucket challenge. I'm sure they got a nice little boost from this, but in a month no one will be donating and no one will actually google ALS.

Not that most are donating anyway. Hell, most of them don't even say ALS anymore, it's just the ice bucket challenge. I'm sure they got a nice little boost from this, but in a month no one will be donating and no one will actually google ALS.

My problem is that the whole principle is "if you don't want to give $100, you can make a video of you dumping ice on yourself and post it on the internet for your friends to see how awesome you are, and then you can ask them to donate the money you didn't want to!"

Excuse me but I shouldn't be seeing any videos. Everyone should be giving what they can if they choose. There doesn't need to be a self-serving "look at me!" show to go with it.

Yep, these causes get co-opted in the name of individual and organizational PR/marketing. My views on organized, publicized Sabres trips to pediatric cancer wards is well known. The counter-argument, which has some merit, is that no matter the motivation, some good comes of it.

Edited by PASabreFan

So I pulled something in my knee about three weeks ago and like an idiot still played hockey a couple of days later as it was my last game. Now I've been limping around ever since and it barely feels any better than it did three weeks ago. I've got a doctors appointment on Monday so I hope it isn't anything too serious. I can still walk but if I'm going up or down stairs or in and out of cars I get this shooting pain.

Also my mother in law is down for four days. Enough said......

micro managing. it's really going to push me over the edge by this time next week. I have a customer (one I have a great report with) coming in to look at our process because of some unusual results. My boss and his bosses are freaking out (I'm not) and they are now micro-managing everything. My boss is the one who let the suspect results out the door when I wasn't here to begin with! JUST LET ME FIX IT! ugh!

Yep, these causes get co-opted in the name of individual and organizational PR/marketing. My views on organized Sabres trips to pediatric cancer wards is well known. The counter-argument, which has some merit, is that no matter the motivation, some good comes of it.

I'm glad we can agree on that now :pirate:

I do agree that the ice-bucket challenge is annoying and serves little purpose in my mind. If someone can explain what it accomplishes, I'd love to understand. Like D4rk said, I donate to certain charities every year, and I don't need to be guilted into it

So I pulled something in my knee about three weeks ago and like an idiot still played hockey a couple of days later as it was my last game. Now I've been limping around ever since and it barely feels any better than it did three weeks ago. I've got a doctors appointment on Monday so I hope it isn't anything too serious. I can still walk but if I'm going up or down stairs or in and out of cars I get this shooting pain.

Also my mother in law is down for four days. Enough said......

Is there any word worse than mother-in-law? We need to add that one to the filter.

1000% increase in donations year over year since the start.

It's working EXCEPTIONALLY well.

Beat me to it.

Going camping at Keuka starting tomorrow and squirrels chewed threw BOTH propane tank hoses this week. Now I have to find time this morning to get to the propane store before work to get replacements or we don't have hot water or a fridge for the week.

Hey we will be camping at Keuka this weekend too (Friday through Sunday). We will be in the tents though - three sites next to each other filled with twenty somethings partying it up. Feel free to stop by and have a drink.

... on second thought you might not want to visit us if you brought along your family/morals.

My complaint is I just started at a new job a few months back at a local bank HQ, and given my 5 years of work experience and high recommendations from former employers started at a relativey high position. However, they have been giving me nothing but brain dead report checking tasks. I get that i'm the new guy and need to pay my dues, but FFS I have skills that are being completely wasted at this current task. These are tasks for summer interns. Not to mention my once good eyesight will probably turn to $hit given the small text of said reports. ugghh.

1000% increase in donations year over year since the start.

It's working EXCEPTIONALLY well.

The ice bucket thing, it's been around that long? If that's the case how did it suddenly become a dad this week?

Working in medical research I obviously have no problem with fund raising. This one has just run it's course for me. The five new videos I see each time I connect to Facebook aren't changing my donations.

The ice bucket thing, it's been around that long? If that's the case how did it suddenly become a dad this week?

Working in medical research I obviously have no problem with fund raising. This one has just run it's course for me. The five new videos I see each time I connect to Facebook aren't changing my donations.

agreed, it's run its course, but it was very successful. it appears people were both dumping ice on their heads AND donating money, which is pretty impressive.