Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

When I received my promotion 15 months ago, I was promised to be paid at a certain rate but I would initially be brought in at about 90% of that while I settled in. So here I am a year+ later making the same with a new boss and more empty promises from him. I'm already making 1/2 to 2/3 of what most people in my position make industry wide. This is getting frustrating.

I know this feeling all too well

My complaint: nearly 15 vials of blood later and we may finally have a diagnosis. So everything started out with blood in the urine, joint pain, and fatigue. After some tests and some wrong diagnoses (not the fault of the Dr, just symptoms were telling one thing, everything else something else), I was sent to both a urologist and a nephrologist.

After all the blood work, and cups to pee in, and a bout with bronchitis (yay prednisone and amoxicillin), they finally think I have had asymptomatic strep (no symptoms of strep..just the bacteria in my system) several times now. yay. they just drew 3 more vials of blood to do a third or fourth (I can't remember which) ASO Titers and an antiDNase B to measure my antibodies for strep (which has gone up in previous versions). then they believe they will have a diagnosis

When I received my promotion 15 months ago, I was promised to be paid at a certain rate but I would initially be brought in at about 90% of that while I settled in. So here I am a year+ later making the same with a new boss and more empty promises from him. I'm already making 1/2 to 2/3 of what most people in my position make industry wide. This is getting frustrating.

Time to get out. You've only got a few years before picking up and moving family becomes an issue. Now is the time.

It's a completely different story, but with my new job, I get paid monthly. That check is going to be nice, but it kind of sucks not getting one yet. We just dropped a bunch of money on the move to NC and buying a car and some other stuff. There's a massive credit card bill just waiting for that check on monday.

On a trip home recently, somewhere along the way, I lost the piece on the back of my Garmin GPS which in turn connects to the suction cup you attach to your windshield. Replacement on the Garmin website for this piece of plastic that costs them pennies to manufacturer...$9.95 + shipping and handling. Not much better, but I found it on Amazon for $7.95 with Prime shipping.

Either way, someone is making a huge profit selling items like this.

Similar experience, in the near future, we are switching our TV back to a cabinet where it will sit on the pedestal. I'll be damned if I can find it, we never used it from the get go. Replacement...anywhere between $80-$100. :censored:

On a trip home recently, somewhere along the way, I lost the piece on the back of my Garmin GPS which in turn connects to the suction cup you attach to your windshield. Replacement on the Garmin website for this piece of plastic that costs them pennies to manufacturer...$9.95 + shipping and handling. Not much better, but I found it on Amazon for $7.95 with Prime shipping.

Either way, someone is making a huge profit selling items like this.

Similar experience, in the near future, we are switching our TV back to a cabinet where it will sit on the pedestal. I'll be damned if I can find it, we never used it from the get go. Replacement...anywhere between $80-$100. :censored:

I had an older Garmin where you had to pay for map updates. I never actually did that over the last couple years so they were out of date. It never mattered much in Boston though. Now down here in NC, my first drive home from work, the GPS didn't know that the highway I was on even existed. So I had to cave and pay for newer maps. I had two options, $50 for a one-time update or $89 for lifetime updates. I'm not sure why anyone would go for the first option, especially since there seems to be a lot of new development in this area and it will soon enough be outdated. New ones with lifetime map updates were on sale at Best Buy for $95 (and I had a 10% off coupon), so I wound up buying a new one instead.

So yeah, their prices online do seem to suck. It must be nice when a company has you by the balls and you don't have any other options.

I had an older Garmin where you had to pay for map updates. I never actually did that over the last couple years so they were out of date. It never mattered much in Boston though. Now down here in NC, my first drive home from work, the GPS didn't know that the highway I was on even existed. So I had to cave and pay for newer maps. I had two options, $50 for a one-time update or $89 for lifetime updates. I'm not sure why anyone would go for the first option, especially since there seems to be a lot of new development in this area and it will soon enough be outdated. New ones with lifetime map updates were on sale at Best Buy for $95 (and I had a 10% off coupon), so I wound up buying a new one instead.

So yeah, their prices online do seem to suck. It must be nice when a company has you by the balls and you don't have any other options.

So, why does your location still say Baaastaaan?

So you have a smartphone? If so, I see no reason to have a standalone GPS. I've used Google maps navigation to drive to South Florida, DC, Boston and Ann Arbor with zero issue.

Time to get out. You've only got a few years before picking up and moving family becomes an issue. Now is the time.

Don't know if I can do that. I've invested 15 years of my life here and have a lot of trepidation about leaving. Not sure if my skills translate. I don't have food science degrees like my colleagues

So, why does your location still say Baaastaaan?

Laziness

So you have a smartphone? If so, I see no reason to have a standalone GPS. I've used Google maps navigation to drive to South Florida, DC, Boston and Ann Arbor with zero issue.

I like being able to see the map and that's not happening with a phone.

It's a completely different story, but with my new job, I get paid monthly. That check is going to be nice, but it kind of sucks not getting one yet. We just dropped a bunch of money on the move to NC and buying a car and some other stuff. There's a massive credit card bill just waiting for that check on monday.

We have that, too... takes a LOT of getting used to. Especially weird since we're paid the last working day of the month, so sometimes it's 4 weeks between paychecks and sometimes it's more like 5 weeks. It's nice to be able to pay everything at once, but it's also sad seeing how much money you have left to stretch over 4-5 weeks.

I know this feeling all too well

My complaint: nearly 15 vials of blood later and we may finally have a diagnosis. So everything started out with blood in the urine, joint pain, and fatigue. After some tests and some wrong diagnoses (not the fault of the Dr, just symptoms were telling one thing, everything else something else), I was sent to both a urologist and a nephrologist.

After all the blood work, and cups to pee in, and a bout with bronchitis (yay prednisone and amoxicillin), they finally think I have had asymptomatic strep (no symptoms of strep..just the bacteria in my system) several times now. yay. they just drew 3 more vials of blood to do a third or fourth (I can't remember which) ASO Titers and an antiDNase B to measure my antibodies for strep (which has gone up in previous versions). then they believe they will have a diagnosis

Yikes, man... hope they finally have the correct diagnosis and can get you back on the up and up.

For me: two years ago today, I had to say goodbye to my best (canine) friend. I still miss the little guy, but I hope he's running free up there and has all the treats his little heart desires.

We have that, too... takes a LOT of getting used to. Especially weird since we're paid the last working day of the month, so sometimes it's 4 weeks between paychecks and sometimes it's more like 5 weeks. It's nice to be able to pay everything at once, but it's also sad seeing how much money you have left to stretch over 4-5 weeks.

My wife gets paid every other week, so there will at least be money coming in. The goal is to not touch a penny from her paycheck though and live off of mine. So the first couple months will be tricky, but once I get used to it I'm sure it'll be fine. I tend to pay most bills around the same time anyway.

And in complaints, this is now two jobs in a row where I have an AC vent blowing directly down on me. It's a freezer in this cubicle. I suppose it's better than the 90+ degrees outside the buildingn right now, but it gets annoying. I leave a zipup fleece on my chair when I go home, but that doesn't stop my hands from being cold.

My wife gets paid every other week, so there will at least be money coming in. The goal is to not touch a penny from her paycheck though and live off of mine. So the first couple months will be tricky, but once I get used to it I'm sure it'll be fine. I tend to pay most bills around the same time anyway.

And in complaints, this is now two jobs in a row where I have an AC vent blowing directly down on me. It's a freezer in this cubicle. I suppose it's better than the 90+ degrees outside the buildingn right now, but it gets annoying. I leave a zipup fleece on my chair when I go home, but that doesn't stop my hands from being cold.

That definitely helps. I found it much more manageable when I was working weekends at a restaurant because there was still some extra cash coming in throughout the month.

You can be like Mr Rogers. Come in, put on the cardigan and get to work.

Don't know if I can do that. I've invested 15 years of my life here and have a lot of trepidation about leaving. Not sure if my skills translate. I don't have food science degrees like my colleagues

My boss didn't have one either and she managed to get the hell out :P

And you probably know more than she did when she left.

My boss didn't have one either and she managed to get the hell out :P

And you probably know more than she did when she left.

I definitely know more about OUR business than she did but there aren't 50 companies put there that do what we do. Less than 10.

She has the benefit of havin been a QC Manager in different businesses.

I definitely know more about OUR business than she did but there aren't 50 companies put there that do what we do. Less than 10.

She has the benefit of havin been a QC Manager in different businesses.

Both points are true. I'm just saying don't count yourself out right away. You never know what company might be willing to give you a shot.

My cable bill comes out to just over $80 a month. For whatever reason, the people who lived in my house before me had all of the cable jacks deactivated/disconnected except for one. I had no choice but to call Time Warner and get a few of the other ones activated. They said they would do it free of charge. So the guy showed up, did the work, and also left us another box for the TV that hadn't yet been delivered by the movers. About a week later when the movers did show, I setup that TV, but the box wouldn't work. They had to send another guy a couple days later to replace it. Yesterday I looked at my bill online and it is up over $300. It won't show me why, so I can't wait to get that bill in the mail. I'm sure that free visit from the tech guy magically turned into me being charged for two visits. I'd understand if they charged me for the first one, but there is no chance in hell that I should be charged for a second visit because they installed a faulty device.

This will be a fun talk with customer service once that bill arrives.

I'm finding that I am getting annoyed by everyone lately, very annoyed. They all use so many superfluous words, at such a frantic (one might say manic) pace that I want to just get away and take a walk in the woods just so I can think. I don't know if it's because I stopped watching TV 2 weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure that is the reason.

It is just amazing to me the meaningless minutia that people dive into and talk about, and most time they are not even listening to themselves.

Attached pic is what I saw when I opened my door to go to work this morning... gross.

Tomorrow I have to leave work early to go home and meet my dad and stepmom since they're leaving their dog with me over the weekend while they travel. I really, REALLY don't like this dog. I love animals in general, but this dog is an a$$hole. She stayed with me for a week back in December and drove me crazy then. She bites her toenails while I'm trying to sleep, she wakes me up early in the morning, she sheds everywhere, she barks at everything and everyone, and she doesn't listen when I call her to come inside, even if she's been out running around for 30 minutes. She's too stupid even to play; the last time I tried to get her interested in one of her toys, and she'd get all excited watching me throw her ball and then wouldn't go retrieve it. And my mom is coming down to visit Sat. night, which means the stupid dog will probably bark and bark and bark because my mom is a stranger to her. And if that dog gets into my flower bed and ruins everything I've worked hard to keep alive this summer, I am going to be furious. I wanted so badly to decline taking her, but my dad asked right after I'd asked him to help me replace my fence, so I was kind of stuck. Ugh.

post-1683-0-00482200-1409235628_thumb.jpg

Edited by biodork