Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Wow, some people are completely clueless, aren't they. I'm still ridiculously guarded with what I say to my wife. Even something so little as calling it "your moms house" instead of "your parents house" has me worried.

I'm sure you've already done this, but make sure you have the anniversary of your FiL's passing marked down. This day will be more important to your wife than her own wedding anniversary. Like I said, I'm sure you've already done it, but it can't be stressed enough how important it is.

PS to Liger, belated happy b-day.

Friends trying to set me up. Especially behind my back. I appreciate it, but it's way too early, and the expectation that I'll ask out a woman--even a woman that otherwise I would find irresistible--is ridiculous. Let me have my time, dammit.

Good grief, what is wrong with your friends??? Way too soon.

I'm too smart for my job.

Yes. I'll tell you a little story. Here is a list of the current jobs people who had your job the same time I did 14 years ago.

QC Manager lee rd south

QC Manager spirits

Director of Regulatory Affairs

Plant manager fairport

Plant manager lee rd south

Vice President of R&D

Corporate QC auditor

Manager R&D

QC Special Projects Fairport

Thermal Process Technician

1st shift QC Tech

Paperwork Review tech

And whatever Kathy's position is called now

I'm familiar with your education, has anyone spoke to you about our Engineering positions?

Edited by inkman

Yes. I'll tell you a little story. Here is a list of the current jobs people who had your job the same time I did 14 years ago.

QC Manager lee rd south

QC Manager spirits

Director of Regulatory Affairs

Plant manager fairport

Plant manager lee rd south

Vice President of R&D

Corporate QC auditor

Manager R&D

QC Special Projects Fairport

Thermal Process Technician

1st shift QC Tech

Paperwork Review tech

And whatever Kathy's position is called now

I'm familiar with your education, has anyone spoke to you about our Engineering positions?

I've actually got something in the works right now. I can't really talk about it but when I can I will. ;)

Edited by d4rksabre

Hope it's not my job...for your sake. :)

It is :P

What they haven't told you is that the promotion involves a 12 round fight where our only weapons are calves and facial hair. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

This pleases Nikita.

:thumbsup:

Friends trying to set me up. Especially behind my back. I appreciate it, but it's way too early, and the expectation that I'll ask out a woman--even a woman that otherwise I would find irresistible--is ridiculous. Let me have my time, dammit.

Sorry, a little late to the party on this one, but I've a pertinent comment... I've found without fail that friends are the least likely to know what you are looking for in a date/mate. The last time a friend tried setting me up was a disaster. He called to have me meet him at a local dinner spot. When I arrived, he was with his girlfriend and another woman. We had a quick drink at the bar and then sat down to have dinner. In the first ten minutes sitting at the table, this woman wound up insulting me, my (deceased) father and labor unions in general. I was so angry, I excused myself from the table (ostensibly to go to the rest room) and I got in my car and left. I did apologize to my friend, and he also apologized to me as he had no idea this woman was going to behave so badly. Needless to say, that was the last setup he tried.

My 12 year old stepson has been playing soccer most of his life. Since he was 8, he's been encouraged to tryout for one of the competitive travel teams in our area, but it was never possible as my wife couldn't afford it as a single mom. Heck, she could barely afford the cost of signing him up for the spring rec league, and he didn't play in the fall league for that reason. So he played in the spring rec league this year and it was awful. His team was flat out the worst and he was the only one who knew what they were doing. The coach was clueless, and sadly, from the first game to the last, there wasn't an ounce of improvement among the players. He loves soccer, but is bored playing at the rec level.

We were encouraged to have him tryout for one of the "classic" (travel) teams in our area to expose him to better coaching and competition. There are two, one we can afford and one we can't. We chose the one we can afford, and after two nights of tryouts were informed that the entire roster from last season's undefeated team was returning, and there were no roster openings. Then why have tryouts? The coach said he did a great job and would love to offer him a roster spot, but couldn't, and said to try one of the teams in Charlotte (it's about 40 minutes from where we live). All the various teams hold tryouts the same days, so we, of course, missed their tryout.

I basically begged the closest Charlotte team to offer my son a chance to tryout, and they were very accommodating. Now he has a tryout tomorrow night as part of an informal practice. What sucks is that if he doesn't make it, his only choice is to keep playing rec soccer, which quite frankly, blows. I was cut from three travel hockey teams growing up, so I know how it feels, but at least the coaching in the rec leagues was good enough so I kept progressing as a player and played club in college. I can't say the same for our local rec soccer league. I'm not sure what we'll do if he doesn't make it, and my wife feels like ###### because he didn't/wasn't able to play more competitive soccer years ago.

Edited by ChileanSeaBass

PS to Liger, belated happy b-day.

Thanks. Missed this last week.

Sorry, a little late to the party on this one, but I've a pertinent comment... I've found without fail that friends are the least likely to know what you are looking for in a date/mate. The last time a friend tried setting me up was a disaster. He called to have me meet him at a local dinner spot. When I arrived, he was with his girlfriend and another woman. We had a quick drink at the bar and then sat down to have dinner. In the first ten minutes sitting at the table, this woman wound up insulting me, my (deceased) father and labor unions in general. I was so angry, I excused myself from the table (ostensibly to go to the rest room) and I got in my car and left. I did apologize to my friend, and he also apologized to me as he had no idea this woman was going to behave so badly. Needless to say, that was the last setup he tried.

That sounds rough. I think I will go on being single until Chz is ready :flirt:

I don't think she's ready for this jelly

Nope not yet.

Brings up an old complaint... I weigh maybe 125ish. In a conversation with my boyfriend we got to talking about weight. He told me I could "stand to lose a few pounds". I immediately told him "Sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna lose about 195lbs right now from dumping your a$$"

So now ex-boyfriend. Are they all that stupid?

Nope not yet.

Brings up an old complaint... I weigh maybe 125ish. In a conversation with my boyfriend we got to talking about weight. He told me I could "stand to lose a few pounds". I immediately told him "Sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna lose about 195lbs right now from dumping your a$$"

Wow? What a dick and I am not just saying that but WTF! I like the comeback though, well done. Most guys, yes are that dumb.

Nope not yet.

Not all of them, keeping looking for a good one.

Nope not yet.

Good for you. What an ass.

I've had more dudes than I care to count say similar things to me.

I stick around 135-140 pounds, less if I'm not working out. A group of losers in high school would leave notes in my locker "you'd be so much prettier if you lost 15 pounds". I was a black belt, I had abs, and I had double D's. I wasn't fat. But you know, it didn't work like that in my brain. I spiraled into anorexia (which I still struggle with) and landed in the hospital.... the lowest I ever could get, funnily, was 120 pounds, and I had a heart attack. Didn't work on my frame. Of course, dropping 20 pounds in a month isn't something I'd recommend. I'm still paying physically for that crap.

I think d4rk actually wishes I'd put some back on, maybe get those double D's back. Sorry, bud. :(

But yeah ###### that guy. Good on you for having the guts to tell him to hit the road.

Nope not yet.

No and congrats!

Nope not yet.

Any guy who would actually utter those words is not long for this world. Natural selection will take care of him soon enough. Any guy who doesn't immediately change the subject when that topic comes up has no hope in the world of relationships.

And this actually reminds me of what I wanted to complain about today. Yesterday the button broke off of my pants and I thought "uh oh, time to hit the gym", odd since my pants aren't tight at all. I went to pull the thread out from where the button used to be and I noticed that it was completely in tact. So I look at the button and see that the section between the holes in the button actually broke off.

I feel like gyms should boost their business by flooding the market with with faulty buttons. There's so much potential here.

Good for you. What an ass.

I've had more dudes than I care to count say similar things to me.

I stick around 135-140 pounds, less if I'm not working out. A group of losers in high school would leave notes in my locker "you'd be so much prettier if you lost 15 pounds". I was a black belt, I had abs, and I had double D's. I wasn't fat. But you know, it didn't work like that in my brain. I spiraled into anorexia (which I still struggle with) and landed in the hospital.... the lowest I ever could get, funnily, was 120 pounds, and I had a heart attack. Didn't work on my frame. Of course, dropping 20 pounds in a month isn't something I'd recommend. I'm still paying physically for that crap.

I think d4rk actually wishes I'd put some back on, maybe get those double D's back. Sorry, bud. :(

But yeah ###### that guy. Good on you for having the guts to tell him to hit the road.

The only time I would ever comment on your weight is if I thought it was a health concern. Outside of that I see no reason. You're healthy. :)

Edited by d4rksabre