Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Friends trying to set me up. Especially behind my back. I appreciate it, but it's way too early, and the expectation that I'll ask out a woman--even a woman that otherwise I would find irresistible--is ridiculous. Let me have my time, dammit.

When you're ready - I know someone who has a 30 year old sister.

Sounds like he was too big of a ###### to break up with you on his own. What guy doesn't know the auto answer when commenting on a woman's weight?

Either that..or yes he's just really, really stupid.

This is kind of what I was thinking. I mean I've said some dumb stuff in my day, but that's a whole 'nother level of stupid.

This is kind of what I was thinking. I mean I've said some dumb stuff in my day, but that's a whole 'nother level of stupid.

I've accidentally called a girl by the wrong name in bed. Sometimes your tongue slips and ###### happens. If that guy was worthy of chz, she'd have straightened him out and forgiven him. Apparently not the case.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Nope not yet.

Brings up an old complaint... I weigh maybe 125ish. In a conversation with my boyfriend we got to talking about weight. He told me I could "stand to lose a few pounds". I immediately told him "Sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna lose about 195lbs right now from dumping your a$$"

So now ex-boyfriend. Are they all that stupid?

So, you broke up with your boyfriend for lying to you to not hurting your feelings? What did you want him to say, "Look, Hun, you could stand to shed a LOT of pounds"?

Sounds like a keeper to me.

:devil:

Edited by SwampD

Nope not yet.

Brings up an old complaint... I weigh maybe 125ish. In a conversation with my boyfriend we got to talking about weight. He told me I could "stand to lose a few pounds". I immediately told him "Sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna lose about 195lbs right now from dumping your a$$"

So now ex-boyfriend. Are they all that stupid?

What an a$$! Good on you, chz.

Good for you. What an ass.

I've had more dudes than I care to count say similar things to me.

I stick around 135-140 pounds, less if I'm not working out. A group of losers in high school would leave notes in my locker "you'd be so much prettier if you lost 15 pounds". I was a black belt, I had abs, and I had double D's. I wasn't fat. But you know, it didn't work like that in my brain. I spiraled into anorexia (which I still struggle with) and landed in the hospital.... the lowest I ever could get, funnily, was 120 pounds, and I had a heart attack. Didn't work on my frame. Of course, dropping 20 pounds in a month isn't something I'd recommend. I'm still paying physically for that crap.

I think d4rk actually wishes I'd put some back on, maybe get those double D's back. Sorry, bud. :(

But yeah ###### that guy. Good on you for having the guts to tell him to hit the road.

Wow - glad to hear you bounced back from that, Jo. From the couple of pics I've seen, I'd say you're doing just fine as you are now. :)

So sick of listening to the old lady in the other half of my duplex talk to herself all day and night through our thin walls. There are times when it sounds like she's in the room, and if I were a lighter sleeper I'd have been forced to sleep in the other bedroom long ago.

And my cool neighbors on the other side are moving in 2 weeks since they bought a house (they're renting now). :( Now I have to worry about new neighbors again and hope they aren't ###### like the ones before.

My employer is so petty. The IT guy put in his two week notice on Tuesday. Yesterday he told his boss that he needed to leave an hour early but will work an extra hour tomorrow (today) to make it up. Boss says she'll check. Comes back and says, "here's the compromise, if you leave an hour early you have to work 10 hr days on Thursday and Friday". It guy says, "yeah, I don't think so". He just needed an hour to get some personal stuff done and they want to use it to jam him for as much time as they can before he goes.

Of course, he left an hour early anyway and has no intention of working nay more than an hour late today. But why put a short timer in a position where you are daring him to be insubbordinate? Why would you do that?

So the best wings in town here in the Elmira-Corning-Horseheads area are from the Elbow Room, right next to where Mark Twain and Ernie Davis are buried. Yesterday I went to go pick up a dozen wings I had ordered. I had 3 dollars in my wallet and my credit card, with 20.04 in my bank account. I had just attempted to cash a check with my phone, taking a picture of both sides, but it held it for review for a human being to confirm (which they did at around ~8 this morning). In order for the computer to be able to read it, you need two really bright lights from different angles so the shadow of your hands and phone doesn't get in the way.

So I walk into the bar and try to hand the guy my card and says "We don't take credit cards. We have an ATM." I asked if there was a fee (of course there was) and then had to leave my dozen delicious wings there. I really hope they gave them to the dishwasher. HOW DO YOU NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS IN 2014? You can get credit card readers for your freakin' smart phone. I saw street vendors in NYC with card readers last weekend.

In the shower this morning, I somehow hurtled the bar of soap over my right shoulder. Instinctively I reached back, underhanded, and caught it. Bringing it back around in one motion, I dropped it again. I don't feel like the soap catch of my life would hold up on video review. I did not complete a "shower move." It is tainted.

In the shower this morning, I somehow hurtled the bar of soap over my right shoulder. Instinctively I reached back, underhanded, and caught it. Bringing it back around in one motion, I dropped it again. I don't feel like the soap catch of my life would hold up on video review. I did not complete a "shower move." It is tainted.

My only natural sport talent is having a good eye to catch things, so my favorite thing to do at parties is crazy behind the back no-look catches, between legs, what have you, when we play football :P anything else, however, I am the least graceful person on the planet.

Join the 21st century of shower products and this would be a moot point.

My only natural sport talent is having a good eye to catch things, so my favorite thing to do at parties is crazy behind the back no-look catches, between legs, what have you, when we play football :P anything else, however, I am the least graceful person on the planet.

I have a friend that used to do the "catch behind your back" toss and variations all the time. Car keys, water bottles, beer cans, whatever was in his hands. He was pretty good at it. We were out one day at the Chili Fest in Ithaca. After tying one on at Benchwarmers (iirc), we moved to another bar. My friend proceeds to try this trick with a bottle of beer, and completely misses it. You should have seen the look on the bar staff's faces.

So I walk into the bar and try to hand the guy my card and says "We don't take credit cards. We have an ATM." I asked if there was a fee (of course there was) and then had to leave my dozen delicious wings there. I really hope they gave them to the dishwasher. HOW DO YOU NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS IN 2014? You can get credit card readers for your freakin' smart phone. I saw street vendors in NYC with card readers last weekend.

CC companies take 1-3% of the transaction fee off the top. Some businesses don't like giving away money. I'll admit I'm annoyed by it, but I can respect their reasons for doing it.

I just watched an old man with a cane walk out into a busy 5 lane road without looking. The guy was moving at about 2MPH tops. He wasn't at a crosswalk, just decided to walk in the middle of the street so he could catch a bus. This of course resulted in several cars screeching their brakes and honking their horns. This guy's very lucky he's not dead (not that he cares). He was crossing at a partially blind turn in the road.

Wow... That was exactly my reaction to that.

You've seconded the motion. It's time to put it to a vote.

My employer is so petty. The IT guy put in his two week notice on Tuesday. Yesterday he told his boss that he needed to leave an hour early but will work an extra hour tomorrow (today) to make it up. Boss says she'll check. Comes back and says, "here's the compromise, if you leave an hour early you have to work 10 hr days on Thursday and Friday". It guy says, "yeah, I don't think so". He just needed an hour to get some personal stuff done and they want to use it to jam him for as much time as they can before he goes.

Of course, he left an hour early anyway and has no intention of working nay more than an hour late today. But why put a short timer in a position where you are daring him to be insubbordinate? Why would you do that?

my employer does the same petty stuff. Pisses me off.

Sheesh. When I read stuff like this it makes me realize the grass isn't always greener. I'm stuck in a corporate BS, micro-managed, impossible to get a promotion position, but I am able to come and go pretty much as I please and never get any push back.

Sheesh. When I read stuff like this it makes me realize the grass isn't always greener. I'm stuck in a corporate BS, micro-managed, impossible to get a promotion position, but I am able to come and go pretty much as I please and never get any push back.

I used to love my job. And then it was gone. Don't take a good thing for granted.

Edited by weave

had to go home at 230 today to shave so that I could wear a respirator to cut some stuff up. COuldn't wait till tomorrow according to my boss :censored:

now that the blanks are cut...they are just sitting at the machinist's bench...waiting until tomorrow... :wallbash: :censored:

I still use bar soap.

I think this post may call for a mandatory review of your man card rights.

Wow... That was exactly my reaction to that.

Turn in your card and that lufa thing.

I never knew we had so many cavemen here. Stop depriving yourselves of superior products and get with the times gentlemen!

I never knew we had so many cavemen here. Stop depriving yourselves of superior products and get with the times gentlemen!

You are a marketers dream.