Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This well-thought-out meme that has ravaged my facebook timeline is my complaint. Pick a better color, and remember what inflation is, for Chrissake.

and damn, 11, so sorry to hear that.

The rich ###### in the suit is laughing. Says it all.

So today may be the day this goes over 10000! That's a lot of bitching!

Complaint: meetings. Normally I don't mind meetings since I almost always sit at my desk, but now I have a bunch more work to do away from my desk in the lab *AND* a bunch of meetings to talk about that work so I'm suddenly at 4-5PM and haven't gotten my lab work done yet. At least I have work, I guess.

I could kick a puppy today. My phone keeps bricking, which means my alarms don't go off, and I sleep in, missing time to run or get some work done.

My car's had a weird noise since it was re-repaired after my accident in January. Horrible clunking when turning right. Worse in heat. Now there's a good spring-being-broken twang to go with it. Pretty sure it's a strut. Took it in to the place I plan to trade it in at (which supposedly was supposed to happen end of May...this is what I get for insisting on driving manual) and they claimed they couldn't hear it. It clunked the whole way there and the whole way home. BS. Little woman doesn't understand cars, let's put it on a lift, look, nothing's wrong, go home lady, your car is fine, it might be brake fluid. clunk clunk clunk.

So now the clunking is getting kind of terrifying. Louder, more frequent, accompanied by lovely vibrations. Car handles alright, just this noise. I do not have time to take the damn thing 45 minutes away to the dealer again just to be told I'm imagining it. And since the weather's cooler, there's a higher chance of whoever not hearing it on the 30 second drive into the service garage. And I'm too ###### shy/intimidated to push the issue/insist on a ride along. Like they'll listen to me anyways.

I am so ###### sick of dealing with this car. Yes yes I know, I'm lucky to have one, it's a small problem in the grand scheme of things, but it's a gd headache and I hate calling people/places on the phone/dealing with the anxiety of walking in there. :death:

I could kick a puppy today. My phone keeps bricking, which means my alarms don't go off, and I sleep in, missing time to run or get some work done.

My car's had a weird noise since it was re-repaired after my accident in January. Horrible clunking when turning right. Worse in heat. Now there's a good spring-being-broken twang to go with it. Pretty sure it's a strut. Took it in to the place I plan to trade it in at (which supposedly was supposed to happen end of May...this is what I get for insisting on driving manual) and they claimed they couldn't hear it. It clunked the whole way there and the whole way home. BS. Little woman doesn't understand cars, let's put it on a lift, look, nothing's wrong, go home lady, your car is fine, it might be brake fluid. clunk clunk clunk.

So now the clunking is getting kind of terrifying. Louder, more frequent, accompanied by lovely vibrations. Car handles alright, just this noise. I do not have time to take the damn thing 45 minutes away to the dealer again just to be told I'm imagining it. And since the weather's cooler, there's a higher chance of whoever not hearing it on the 30 second drive into the service garage. And I'm too ###### shy/intimidated to push the issue/insist on a ride along. Like they'll listen to me anyways.

I am so ###### sick of dealing with this car. Yes yes I know, I'm lucky to have one, it's a small problem in the grand scheme of things, but it's a gd headache and I hate calling people/places on the phone/dealing with the anxiety of walking in there. :death:

If the clunk varies with speed and is rhythmic, could be a CV joint or half-shaft gone bad.

I consider myself pretty low-maintenance as far as relationships go. I'm not a romantic, I don't require grand gestures, flowers, and fawning over me (I dislike being the center of attention anyhow). And I get that lots of people have trouble remembering dates. But with all the technology out there available to help with this sort of thing, it's pretty bad when you forget your gf's birthday.

my sales department fails to confer with me before bringing in some jobs, and I have to go back to the customer to get pertinent information for running their samples. The sales dept then ###### at me for (1) not going thru them and (2) not informing them ahead of time...

well if you would've just come to me and asked if there was anything specific I needed, I could've told you...I can't read minds from half a building away! :wallbash: Now they are complaining that I'm not a team player and I am tarnishing their reputation with customers. :wallbash:

I consider myself pretty low-maintenance as far as relationships go. I'm not a romantic, I don't require grand gestures, flowers, and fawning over me (I dislike being the center of attention anyhow). And I get that lots of people have trouble remembering dates. But with all the technology out there available to help with this sort of thing, it's pretty bad when you forget your gf's birthday.

that is absolutely terrible. I told my girl that I'm not good with dates...but I would memorize her birthday and our anniversary and those would be the two dates she could definitely hold me accountable for.

PS happy birthday!

So today may be the day this goes over 10000! That's a lot of bitching!

Complaint: meetings. Normally I don't mind meetings since I almost always sit at my desk, but now I have a bunch more work to do away from my desk in the lab *AND* a bunch of meetings to talk about that work so I'm suddenly at 4-5PM and haven't gotten my lab work done yet. At least I have work, I guess.

PPS - 10,000 haha!

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

If the clunk varies with speed and is rhythmic, could be a CV joint or half-shaft gone bad.

hm. It disappears once I hit about 30mph, usually only present when turning/immediately after on a straightaway. Actually, if I turn at all to right now, at any speed, it makes the noise. Soft turns on highway/changing lanes no problem, but anything sharper, get the clunking/groaning metal pulling on metal.

Yeah. That's.... inexcusable. I've had mine ignored/forgotten twice by significant others- does not feel good. At all. Ever. No matter what excuse they've got. I'm sorry, bio. Happy birthday! Enjoy a good glass of great whiskey.

Oh yeah- don't watch horror movies if you share a bed with a sleepwalker.

I watched Devil's Rejects with a friend last night and then in the middle of the night, d4rk ripped the sheets off me inexplicably in one of his half awake/asleep moments. I just about ###### the bed.

hm. It disappears once I hit about 30mph, usually only present when turning/immediately after on a straightaway. Actually, if I turn at all to right now, at any speed, it makes the noise. Soft turns on highway/changing lanes no problem, but anything sharper, get the clunking/groaning metal pulling on metal.

Sounds more like a suspension component to me. Or a linkage. Any half way decent repair shop would take it for a spin and then put it on the rack. Find a new mechanic.

Sounds more like a suspension component to me. Or a linkage. Any half way decent repair shop would take it for a spin and then put it on the rack. Find a new mechanic.

I'd been thinking linkage for a while, or something slightly off place and rubbing, d4rk says he thinks it's a strut. It's definitely something in that area, though. I'm taking it to a different shop Monday morning. I'm not worried about structural integrity as much as I want the peace of mind.

Anniversary of my engagement is today. It's actually not as painful as I thought it would be. I mean, it's far from ideal, but I'm not a quivering mess.

:( It's good to hear you're healing a little bit. You're in my thoughts, 11.