Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Anniversary of my engagement is today. It's actually not as painful as I thought it would be. I mean, it's far from ideal, but I'm not a quivering mess.

Stay strong, keep on.

Oh yeah- don't watch horror movies if you share a bed with a sleepwalker.

I watched Devil's Rejects with a friend last night and then in the middle of the night, d4rk ripped the sheets off me inexplicably in one of his half awake/asleep moments. I just about ###### the bed.

My girl talks in her sleep. Freaks me out sometimes. Your experience with D4rk...yeah no thanks lol

I'd been thinking linkage for a while, or something slightly off place and rubbing, d4rk says he thinks it's a strut. It's definitely something in that area, though. I'm taking it to a different shop Monday morning. I'm not worried about structural integrity as much as I want the peace of mind.

:( It's good to hear you're healing a little bit. You're in my thoughts, 11.

My old '04 Subaru was rear ended and though everything looked fine, there is a lip on one of the linkages that got torqued just enough that axle didn't sit quite right. Repair shop that had looked at it and dealer never found the problem. My mechanic eventually found it but by then the drive shaft and a set of wheel bearings were ####ed and I was SOL due to miles on the car and the repair shop insisting it had nothing to do w/ the accident.

You might want to have someone look for that. Early symptoms were eerily similar to what you are describing.

PS to 11. Very sorry to read that your friend passed.

Sounds more like a suspension component to me. Or a linkage. Any half way decent repair shop would take it for a spin and then put it on the rack. Find a new mechanic.

I think it's the right strut. That was the side that got hit in the accident. My Buick made a similar noise for a year and a half before it did it consistently enough that I could prove it was happening.

I think it's the right strut. That was the side that got hit in the accident. My Buick made a similar noise for a year and a half before it did it consistently enough that I could prove it was happening.

I think I agree with the mechanics at the dealer. It's all in Josie's head, and likely the result of not making you a sandwich. ;-)

I think I agree with the mechanics at the dealer. It's all in Josie's head, and likely the result of not making you a sandwich. ;-)

:P Those silly feminazi voices in my head... If only I'd comforted my man with a home cooked meal and a smile when he came home, while appearing pleasing and welcoming, I wouldn't have been so brazen and made the mistake to try my hand at such manly pursuits.

subaru-sexist.jpg

I am the one who sandwiches. My sandwiches alone are best.

Can confirm.

The noise going away at 30 mph sounds like something I dealt with before. Thinking cv joint. The noise on turns sounds like ball joint but I dont think your suspension has thous

Whatever it is, temperature makes it better or worse. It must be delicate enough that at 80 degrees, the metal expands just enough to make wretched horrifying noises, but now today, at 55 degrees, it's relatively quiet and more like an intermittent rocking noise. I'm hoping it's warmer Monday morning when I take it in so they hear it in its full glory.

Whatever it is, temperature makes it better or worse. It must be delicate enough that at 80 degrees, the metal expands just enough to make wretched horrifying noises, but now today, at 55 degrees, it's relatively quiet and more like an intermittent rocking noise. I'm hoping it's warmer Monday morning when I take it in so they hear it in its full glory.

Just turn up the radio.

if ambient temp is effecting it. I would think it is more a case of something out of shape/misaligned. I would suggest looking around and if possible under the car for fresh scratch and wear marks. Try adding some weight in the trunk and see if it goes away with the suspension weighted down

Anniversary of my engagement is today. It's actually not as painful as I thought it would be. I mean, it's far from ideal, but I'm not a quivering mess.

Good man.

We know from the picture it's only to get a better sightline on the Junior High.......

Very nice.

And another one.

if ambient temp is effecting it. I would think it is more a case of something out of shape/misaligned. I would suggest looking around and if possible under the car for fresh scratch and wear marks. Try adding some weight in the trunk and see if it goes away with the suspension weighted down

To each his own, I suppose.

Edited by nfreeman

The backwards baseball cap... It has seen far far more than its 15 minutes

I was rummaging through old family greeting cards a few days ago and found one where a teenager is walking past an old fogie on a park bench, teen wearing a cap backwards and the fogie wearing it the "right way." The bubble over both of their heads said the same thing: "I wonder if he knows he's wearing it backwards?"

I consider myself pretty low-maintenance as far as relationships go. I'm not a romantic, I don't require grand gestures, flowers, and fawning over me (I dislike being the center of attention anyhow). And I get that lots of people have trouble remembering dates. But with all the technology out there available to help with this sort of thing, it's pretty bad when you forget your gf's birthday.

He obviously doesn't check the SabreSpace home page. I saw it was your birthday yesterday, then proceeded to forget to wish you a happy one. Let me take the bullet for your bf. Be mad at me! (Sorry, bro, I tried.)

I was rummaging through old family greeting cards a few days ago and found one where a teenager is walking past an old fogie on a park bench, teen wearing a cap backwards and the fogie wearing it the "right way." The bubble over both of their heads said the same thing: "I wonder if he knows he's wearing it backwards?"

He obviously doesn't check the SabreSpace home page. I saw it was your birthday yesterday, then proceeded to forget to wish you a happy one. Let me take the bullet for your bf. Be mad at me! (Sorry, bro, I tried.)

Lol no worries, PA... I don't expect anyone here to notice/remember/care. He still doesn't even know he missed it. His parents are in town visiting for the next few days, so I figure if he hasn't remembered on his own by the time they leave, I'll send him a link to this website:

http://www.birthday-reminders.com

Hey! I'm the one who gets the cars fixed too! You should see the Bondo job I did on my Buick last weekend.

Funny story. Until I arrived at my current job, a major industrial equipment manufacturer was mating fiberglass pressure containing components with bondo. The were shocked, shocked I tell you, when the joint failed immediately upon installation by the customer.

Lol no worries, PA... I don't expect anyone here to notice/remember/care. He still doesn't even know he missed it. His parents are in town visiting for the next few days, so I figure if he hasn't remembered on his own by the time they leave, I'll send him a link to this website:

http://www.birthday-reminders.com

And this: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/search/hhh?sort=rel

So today may be the day this goes over 10000! That's a lot of bitching!

Complaint: meetings. Normally I don't mind meetings since I almost always sit at my desk, but now I have a bunch more work to do away from my desk in the lab *AND* a bunch of meetings to talk about that work so I'm suddenly at 4-5PM and haven't gotten my lab work done yet. At least I have work, I guess.

This. I've hardly been able to do any actual network engineering work this week because of all these f'n meetings.

I thought productivity was getting actual work done...

###### day at work. Eleven hours of my life I won't get back.

You want to talk ###### day. Not only did I get a tube shoved up my ass, and apparently am a high risk so will have to do that every 2-3 years for the rest of my life, but as I'm putting my kid to bed and changing her ####ty diaper for the third time in two hours, she keeps trying to grab her foot. It's only then that I realize that some (and by some I mean most) has fallen onto the floor and she has stepped in it and it is stuck to her foot and she has been mashing it into the carpet with every step.

That's an hour of my life I'm not getting back. I'll decide tomorrow if the carpet is worth salvaging.