Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This is the key point for me...they don't know what they want to get out of this fight, but they want to win it.

Bass ackwards. The lack of common sense in our government never ceases to amaze me. If you vote for an incumbent in the next election, punch yourself in the face.

Right? I mean the scary fact is Obama can not agree to their ridiculous demands because all that would do would be to embolden these terrorists further. Yes I am now calling all Tea Party members terrorists, because that is what they are.

It might be time for a new politics thread.

kinda yea.

Okay my actual complaint... Havent seen the gf in 2 weeks... totally stinks

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm putting an art show together. I told my studio mates I had no time to do it, and they set it up initially and then... let the ball drop. So I had to drop everything to pull it together, which they knew would happen. ######. It's halloween themed (first friday october) and my mate who set it up has coined it the Gore Show.

All well and good but my god have the crazies come out of the woodwork- I have a girl trying to get me to go ghost hunting in Buffalo, another claims she's a werewolf... But it's cool because a really kind crust punk named Lock NLode came in last night with work.

My god where DO they come from...

I saw some crazy police action on my drive home from work yesterday. Cop cars were swarming from every direction and some were even driving on the sidewalks.This was all near one of the big subway stops, so I wonder if something happened there. At one point, a cop even signaled to me to pull up onto the sidewalk to clear his path. My complaint though is that I can't find anything about what was happening.

I saw some crazy police action on my drive home from work yesterday. Cop cars were swarming from every direction and some were even driving on the sidewalks.This was all near one of the big subway stops, so I wonder if something happened there. At one point, a cop even signaled to me to pull up onto the sidewalk to clear his path. My complaint though is that I can't find anything about what was happening.

They had a bet to see if they could get you to drive on the sidewalk..

Okay my actual complaint... Havent seen the gf in 2 weeks... totally stinks

The wife left town for work on Monday morning and will be back next Friday. It was supposed to be 2 weeks away, 2 weeks home. Well, they changed it today, so now she flies to Toronto the Monday after she comes home. What sucks? We're going to a wedding in VA the following weekend and she'll have to fly from TO to some airport in the DC area where I pick her up, then fly back to TO on that Sunday.

######! Entire company, besides launch-critical folks, just got furloughed, likely until the government shutdown is over. This came as a surprise, as upper management swore up and down that we were unlikely to be affected; an Air Force General had other ideas. Time to start unwillingly burning the vacation time.

Cancer

I guess that means the FIL has taken a turn for the worse. :(

Back in June, I'd gone to the dentist for what I thought was going to be a quick re-cementing of a loose crown and instead left after 3 1/2 hours with a crappy stainless steel temporary and a $320 bill. Went back to my old dentist last week for a cleaning and to have them evaluate the damage, and now it looks like the tooth can't be restored, so I'll have to get it pulled and have a dental implant in its place, which in total is going to set me back somewhere between $1200 and $2000, depending on how the insurance coverage goes. That's bad enough, but I can't even start the process for a few more months because the oral surgeon can't even get me in for a consultation until Dec. 9th! I want this POS out of my mouth already, even if it's going to be hideously expensive.

And FedEx's "SmartPost" service has a package going from western PA to central PA via Ohio and WV over the course of three days... WTF?

I guess that means the FIL has taken a turn for the worse. :(

He's in the hospital on one side of the street for a procedure on his lungs. His new granddaughter that was just born this week is in the hospital on the other side of the street getting ready for treatment for a heart defect.

He's in the hospital on one side of the street for a procedure on his lungs. His new granddaughter that was just born this week is in the hospital on the other side of the street getting ready for treatment for a heart defect.

Oy... you and your wife's families are some tough folks. Hang in there.

My dog Houdini'd his harness on the way home from his walk when something spooked him; takes off running, gets clipped by a car, does a tumble, skids and tears off all his pads on his paws then takes off running for another 3 miles with me in hot persuit. Never take the dog for a walk in flip flops! Kicked off the flip flops and chased him bare foot through the city of Wilkes Barre. Lost him for about a mile and a half the found him running on the d.y.k.e. to the Susquehanna river. Caught up with him when his poor feet couldn't take him any farther, carried my poor puppy all the way home then to the vet where they told me he's basically one tough little SOB. So he's healing up and I'm searching for the driver of the car that never even slowed down when my dog put a serious dent in his car, cause I'm planning on denting his face. Who doesn't stop? I'm not expecting anything from you! Stopping is the least you can do. Its not like I need your fat lazy ass to help me search for him. A stop and an apology is all (yes I realize its not the drivers job to apologize, but its the decent thing to do).

This all happened last Friday and Bodhi goes back to the vet tomorrow for his checkup and hopefully everything is as good as it looks. His pads are growing back slowly but surely and he is in much higher spirits the past 3 days.

I still hope the driver of the other car has his dick turn black and fall off. But then again, I'm vengeful and not a very nice person.

On to today: Furnace needs a $300 repair!! ###### me!

Edit: I can't say d.y.k.e.? Its infrastructure terminology.

Edited by ubkev

my thoughts and prayers to your family man. hang tough!

Still furloughed due to government shutdown. CNN reported last night that if a vote was held, a continuing resolution to end the shutdown would easily pass, but House Republicans wouldn't force Boehner to allow a vote. This morning, it's let's talk about passing a measure to extend the debt ceiling, but letting the shutdown continue.

Slammed two of my fingers in a car door and broke them. Yeah I'm a dumb ass but that hurts!

What's up w/ you and broken digits? Weren't you the one that ###### up a toe a while back? Wherever you're sticking them, you've got to pick something softer. ;)

Sorry to read about the injuries.

Bummer. Good luck to both of them. I hope your wife is holding up ok.

Slammed two of my fingers in a car door and broke them. Yeah I'm a dumb ass but that hurts!

I feel your pain... Hopefully it wasn't your good hand.

Still furloughed due to government shutdown. CNN reported last night that if a vote was held, a continuing resolution to end the shutdown would easily pass, but House Republicans wouldn't force Boehner to allow a vote. This morning, it's let's talk about passing a measure to extend the debt ceiling, but letting the shutdown continue.

And the best part is the President is going to go along with it. :doh: This only kicks the can down the road by 6-8 weeks. :doh:

My dog Houdini'd his harness on the way home from his walk when something spooked him; takes off running, gets clipped by a car, does a tumble, skids and tears off all his pads on his paws then takes off running for another 3 miles with me in hot persuit. Never take the dog for a walk in flip flops! Kicked off the flip flops and chased him bare foot through the city of Wilkes Barre. Lost him for about a mile and a half the found him running on the d.y.k.e. to the Susquehanna river. Caught up with him when his poor feet couldn't take him any farther, carried my poor puppy all the way home then to the vet where they told me he's basically one tough little SOB. So he's healing up and I'm searching for the driver of the car that never even slowed down when my dog put a serious dent in his car, cause I'm planning on denting his face. Who doesn't stop? I'm not expecting anything from you! Stopping is the least you can do. Its not like I need your fat lazy ass to help me search for him. A stop and an apology is all (yes I realize its not the drivers job to apologize, but its the decent thing to do).

This all happened last Friday and Bodhi goes back to the vet tomorrow for his checkup and hopefully everything is as good as it looks. His pads are growing back slowly but surely and he is in much higher spirits the past 3 days.

I still hope the driver of the other car has his dick turn black and fall off. But then again, I'm vengeful and not a very nice person.

Have you ever used this stuff?

http://www.naturaldogcompany.com/

It's marketed for healing dry noses, but it works well on their foot pads also. Might help them heal a little faster!

Ouch! I hope there was whiskey involved.

Isn't the driver legally required to stop when they hit a dog? I was always under that impression. I hope you have a photographic memory and you've got that plate number. I'd gladly donate a good baseball bat to your cause.

Very sorry to hear this Shrader. Keep it together and keep going one step at a time and things will get better. And medical science for infants is pretty amazing these days.

Separately, this happened earlier this week just a few blocks from my home: http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/36/41/dtg_carkillsboyinslope_2013_10_11_bk.html

My son is the same age as this boy was and knew him a little, and a number of my son's friends were close friends with him.

It's heartbreaking.

Very sorry to hear this Shrader. Keep it together and keep going one step at a time and things will get better. And medical science for infants is pretty amazing these days.

Separately, this happened earlier this week just a few blocks from my home: http://www.brooklynp...3_10_11_bk.html

My son is the same age as this boy was and knew him a little, and a number of my son's friends were close friends with him.

It's heartbreaking.

That's awful!

What's up w/ you and broken digits? Weren't you the one that ###### up a toe a while back? Wherever you're sticking them, you've got to pick something softer. ;)

Sorry to read about the injuries.

Bummer. Good luck to both of them. I hope your wife is holding up ok.

I feel your pain... Hopefully it wasn't your good hand.

And the best part is the President is going to go along with it. :doh: This only kicks the can down the road by 6-8 weeks. :doh:

Have you ever used this stuff?

http://www.naturaldogcompany.com/

It's marketed for healing dry noses, but it works well on their foot pads also. Might help them heal a little faster!

Ouch! I hope there was whiskey involved.

Nothing like others pain here.

But yeah. This year it's been a cracked rib, busted toe and now two fingers (left hand, not too bad).

I unfortunately was completely sober.

Maybe I have marfans.