Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Perhaps the school would consider hiring an off-duty police officer to politely direct those scofflaws away. The other more expensive (in more ways than one) way is to install one of those one-way prevention grates in the surface of the lane. You know, the ones that will pop up when they detect a vehicle going the wrong way and shred the vehicle's tires? Yeah, I know...too expensive and too extreme. But it's nice to dream.

My complaint today is that I am constantly caught in the middle between parties that need to communicate directly with one another but use me as a middle-man even when I've put the two parties in touch with one another. I can image how a UN translator must feel...

Edited by Sabre Dance

I miss the days where I wouldn't notice the fact that I got 2 less hours of sleep the previous night. I should not be this tired today.

I was that bad yesterday, if not worse. I woke up between 1:30 and 2:00am yesterday morning and dozed in & out until my alarm went off. I paid for it all day long...dragging, needed serious caffeine, and totally dismissed any workout plans I had for the evening.

My complaint - I must be cursed...the new co-worker of mine who replaced the one that had no common sense is almost the exact opposite. He's a server administrator by trade who's doing a job supporting a network. At least he has some experience and intelligence (unlike the last guy), but one of his favorite trades is to tell me how stupid or silly something is. When I correct him and tell him how things really should be, I get scoffed at and told that it doesn't make sense...yet he'll comply and configure the router the way we have been for many moons. Either it's my expectation of co-workers or I really am being tortured for no apparent reason.

I miss the days where I wouldn't notice the fact that I got 2 less hours of sleep the previous night. I should not be this tired today.

Newlyweds ..........

Don't worry you both will be getting your full nights sleep again soon enough.

If you wan't my advice ... don't complain and enjoy it while you can ... :flirt:

=====

My complaint is hardly worth mentioning, but ...

The next course that I am teaching starting the Tuesday after Labour Day (Fundamental Accounting) was going to be the last one using the 13th edition of the text. I spent a large number of hours this week doing my prep. Just got an email saying that I have to use the 14th edition ... :doh: . I am told that the changes are minor. Hope so.

Newlyweds ..........

Don't worry you both will be getting your full nights sleep again soon enough.

If you wan't my advice ... don't complain and enjoy it while you can ... :flirt:

I was out late with the wife babysitting the nephews while their parents were at a Red Sox game. Well ok, she was babysitting and I was stuck away from home later than I wanted to be. So yeah, I guess I should also complain that I wasn't kept up late due to what you thought I was doing.

Okay so they started construction on the opposing corner from my building closing the sidewalk. Now behind the construction site are quite a few dorms and I work in the single busiest building on campus minus the stadium. So naturally the road out front has a lot of pedestrians crossing. With the 1 sidewalk closed everyone has to cross on one side and cars waiting to turn left can't because of the foot traffic. Instead of finding a solution they have posted 2 cops on my side to yell at students crossing from the other side once the little white walker guy disappears and a 20second countdown begins. They are threatening J-walking tickets because it is illegal for you to enter a crosswalk once the red countdown begins... seriously every single light they are stopping and yelling at anyone who sees the countdown and goes. They have whistles too and will sometimes yell across the road to tell people to stop... here is ###### idea, instead of having a 20 second countdown, make it 10 and then give 10 seconds of angry red hand up while cars still turn left. HOLY ###### I solved the problem and it took me a whole 10 seconds!

Edited by LGR4GM

Home with the kid all week during a dosage change while trying to finish the Sabres song while being old enough to feel every bit of having to play 3 games in 4 nights. At least winning dulls the pain a little. I can't wait until Summer is over so I can go back to work and relax.

Oh, and fishing as competition. I just don't get it, and I love to fish.

I know I already complained earlier, but this is a beaut. My screwy next-door neighbor bought an electric guitar a while back. As far as I can tell, he doesn't (and hasn't) taken lessons because he doesn't really play it. He goes into his garage, plugs it into his stereo and.....tweedles. He aimlessly strums and plucks and, well, tweedles. Even with the windows in my house closed and the air conditioning on, I can still hear him. That's bad enough, but Tuesday night he "tweedled" non-stop for FOUR STRAIGHT HOURS!! Serenity now......

Closing on the new house on the 13th. That's awesome.

Complaint! My son started 4th grade yesterday and I have to drive him to school evey morning because my current townhouse is in a school district 30 minutes away.

I didn't want him starting school here for 2 weeks and then having to leave his friends and go make new friends at a new school(I was never a "new kid" but I can imagine it probably sucks balls). So I started him in the new school and I'll be paying for it for 2 weeks to the tune of an hour drive to drop him off and an hour drive to pick him up....this blows! But he's making good friends and he's loved his first two days. So if my misery from coming home from work at 3:30am and getting no sleep makes him happy at his new school, then I guess its worth it.

Holy run on sentence, Batman!

Edited by ubkev

I know I already complained earlier, but this is a beaut. My screwy next-door neighbor bought an electric guitar a while back. As far as I can tell, he doesn't (and hasn't) taken lessons because he doesn't really play it. He goes into his garage, plugs it into his stereo and.....tweedles. He aimlessly strums and plucks and, well, tweedles. Even with the windows in my house closed and the air conditioning on, I can still hear him. That's bad enough, but Tuesday night he "tweedled" non-stop for FOUR STRAIGHT HOURS!! Serenity now......

That's nothin'. My neighbor plays the freakin' bagpipes.

I've secretly always wanted to learn how to play the pipes.

Then I'd walk up and down the beach in a kilt at sunset and ######, playing out the day. It'd also be the tits to play on St Patrick's Day and stuff.

The problem is: how do you learn how to play those things in an apartment without getting murdered?

Edit: Ah, blame it on the kinky deaf neighbors. Got it.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

once the little white walker guy disappears

I miss Game of Thrones.

Complaint! My son started 4th grade yesterday and I have to drive him to school evey morning because my current townhouse is in a school district 30 minutes away.

I didn't want him starting school here for 2 weeks and then having to leave his friends and go make new friends at a new school(I was never a "new kid" but I can imagine it probably sucks balls). So I started him in the new school and I'll be paying for it for 2 weeks to the tune of an hour drive to drop him off and an hour drive to pick him up....this blows! But he's making good friends and he's loved his first two days. So if my misery from coming home from work at 3:30am and getting no sleep makes him happy at his new school, then I guess its worth it.

Good man.

You can save a little time by driving around those orange cones near the sidewalk when you drop off your kid at school.

So my brother-in-law gave me a Patriots t-shirt for my birthday, complete with gift receipt. So I did the obvious thing and exchanged it. I even traded it in for the same exact shirt, but Red Sox. I'm not particularly fond of them, but I figured it has the same effect, gets me wearing the shirt of one of their teams. Yesterday the mother-in-law flips out on my wife because I returned it, saying her brother would be offended.

These people aren't right in the head. It is perfectly fine to offend me by giving me the shirt of a team I hate, but I can't offend him by returning it (especially after they made note of the fact that the gift receipt was there). Next time I burn the shirt right in front of them to really send home the message.

So my brother-in-law gave me a Patriots t-shirt for my birthday, complete with gift receipt. So I did the obvious thing and exchanged it. I even traded it in for the same exact shirt, but Red Sox. I'm not particularly fond of them, but I figured it has the same effect, gets me wearing the shirt of one of their teams. Yesterday the mother-in-law flips out on my wife because I returned it, saying her brother would be offended.

These people aren't right in the head. It is perfectly fine to offend me by giving me the shirt of a team I hate, but I can't offend him by returning it (especially after they made note of the fact that the gift receipt was there). Next time I burn the shirt right in front of them to really send home the message.

First it sucks that people all have double standards like that.

Second and bold... :w00t: DO IT!!!

For many people fandom is solely determined by your present geographic location. They literally cannot comprehend how someone can't root for the "home" team. I often tell people around here that if it were that easy to do, wouldn't I have dropped the Buffalo sports teams long ago after all the heartache they've bestowed upon me?

For many people fandom is solely determined by your present geographic location. They literally cannot comprehend how someone can't root for the "home" team. I often tell people around here that if it were that easy to do, wouldn't I have dropped the Buffalo sports teams long ago after all the heartache they've bestowed upon me?

It was a joke gift and everyone but her mother realized it. She is so out of touch with reality. The brother won't care one bit that I returned it, but she'll harass my wife about it mercilessly.

It was a joke gift and everyone but her mother realized it. She is so out of touch with reality. The brother won't care one bit that I returned it, but she'll harass my wife about it mercilessly.

Definitely burn it next time. Some of my neighbors put a Canes flag and sign in my front lawn after the Canes won a game against the Sabres a few years back. They all got a group email with a picture of the items burning in my fire pit.

Just buy her a Bills shirt and give her the receipt.