Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

So my brother-in-law gave me a Patriots t-shirt for my birthday, complete with gift receipt. So I did the obvious thing and exchanged it. I even traded it in for the same exact shirt, but Red Sox. I'm not particularly fond of them, but I figured it has the same effect, gets me wearing the shirt of one of their teams. Yesterday the mother-in-law flips out on my wife because I returned it, saying her brother would be offended.

These people aren't right in the head. It is perfectly fine to offend me by giving me the shirt of a team I hate, but I can't offend him by returning it (especially after they made note of the fact that the gift receipt was there). Next time I burn the shirt right in front of them to really send home the message.

This sounds like something my m-i-l (who is also from Boston) would do. Bottom line for her is that her kids (especially her sons) are inside the circle of trust and whoever marries them is a suspicious outsider, to be turned upon wrathfully if there is any hint of conflict with her child.

Is it possible that you and I are now related?

Wasted 90 minutes watching "The Flag" documentary on CNN last night. I kept waiting for the payoff. There was none. God bless the filmmaker — there was almost nothing to go on. Nope, they don't know where the flag is. It's basically about two rich pricks who want their yacht's flag back.

This sounds like something my m-i-l (who is also from Boston) would do. Bottom line for her is that her kids (especially her sons) are inside the circle of trust and whoever marries them is a suspicious outsider, to be turned upon wrathfully if there is any hint of conflict with her child.

Is it possible that you and I are now related?

I don't face the wrath though. The wife gets it all instead. It sure will be fun the day I finally snap.

Anyway, do I now have to call you my brother-in-law-in-law or something?

Wasted 90 minutes watching "The Flag" documentary on CNN last night. I kept waiting for the payoff. There was none. God bless the filmmaker — there was almost nothing to go on. Nope, they don't know where the flag is. It's basically about two rich pricks who want their yacht's flag back.

Docs seem to be getting hit or miss, probably with the access to decent video cameras at reasonable prices. A horrible one I watched was about two guys trying to be the first people to ride a segway across the US. All they did was whine about how Segway didn't sponser them and how tough it was to stand for 8 hours a day.

A good one (on Netflix streaming and probably other services) is Resurrect Dead. There are these odd "Toynbee Tiles" in the streets of Philly and many other places with some crazy nonsense, and a couple guys try to track down who is making them. It's a pretty compelling watch, just because it's so odd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles

My 30 minute commute took 50 minutes because an accident had the on-ramp to the highway backed up forever (and it's a bridge I needed to cross so no good alternative to just waiting it out).

I had to forgo breakfast (and more importantly, coffee) this morning to waste an hour of my life at this assinine biometric screening our work health insurance plan is now requiring. Not only were the metrics all things I'd had done in March (before they revised the plan), but the consultation at the end where a nurse re-explains the numbers that I already had and already read about in a little pamphlet they handed out is just stupid. Someone should let the nurse know that it's not 1985 and those are my hips at the top of my jeans, not my waist. :wallbash:

And I'm really f*cking tired from working too damn much and not sleeping enough the last several weeks.

RAWR

Edited by biodork

Semi-complaint: Ran out of gas this morning on the bike. My bike has a quirk that a half-gallon or so of gas doesn't drain properly from the left side of the tank to the right were the fuel pickup is. So, as I was coasting down an exit ramp I slammed on the brakes to see if it would slosh enough gas around to the other side. I'm not sure if it really worked or I was lucky, but the bike ran for another mile or two to the gas station. put 4.9 gallons into my 5.1 gallon tank. :)

The other method is to lay the bike down on the right side and lift the wheels, which will drain the gas over. Some people have gone so far as to drill holes in the tank and run a seperate line over to drain out that last half-gallon, but that seems extreme.

I had to forgo breakfast (and more importantly, coffee) this morning to waste an hour of my life at this assinine biometric screening our work health insurance plan is now requiring. Not only were the metrics all things I'd had done in March (before they revised the plan), but the consultation at the end where a nurse re-explains the numbers that I already had and already read about in a little pamphlet they handed out is just stupid. Someone should let the nurse know that it's not 1985 and those are my hips at the top of my jeans, not my waist. :wallbash:

Good thing they didn't recheck your blood pressure after the nurse was done talking.

Dude standing in front of me at bar smoking his faux cig or whatever they are called. It's just stupid. Get out of my face with that shizz.

I don't know why some places allow those e-cigs. I love how most people 'vaping' say how it is not as bad as smoking or some other annoying smell item.

I see a lot of these type of 'scientific' answers:

"The properties of the nicotine vapor don't even allow the opportunity for second-hand inhalation at all. Once exhaled it quickly evaporates into the air, leaving no trace behind at all."

Thank goodness it's evaporated into the air! I was worried I would be breathing it in - just as long as I don't breath air I'm OK!

Impatient drivers out here are out of control. This morning I'm at a stop sign on a one way street waiting to turn left. The road I'm turning onto is completely backed up. Usually when this happens, the people on that road will leave some space for a car to turn in. This morning that didn't happen. So I had no choice but to wait a minute or two until traffic started to move. Well apparently the bitch behind me wanted none of that. The second space opened up, she floored it around me and cut me off. Seriously lady? It was two minutes tops and you couldn't handle the wait? I don't generally check my rearview mirror before making a left turn at a stop sign, so I came very close to hitting her.

Impatient drivers out here are out of control. This morning I'm at a stop sign on a one way street waiting to turn left. The road I'm turning onto is completely backed up. Usually when this happens, the people on that road will leave some space for a car to turn in. This morning that didn't happen. So I had no choice but to wait a minute or two until traffic started to move. Well apparently the bitch behind me wanted none of that. The second space opened up, she floored it around me and cut me off. Seriously lady? It was two minutes tops and you couldn't handle the wait? I don't generally check my rearview mirror before making a left turn at a stop sign, so I came very close to hitting her.

Traffic jams are a great opportunity to get out of your car and shame people. Just start waking around her car using pictures with your phone. That'll freak her out.

Traffic jams are a great opportunity to get out of your car and shame people. Just start waking around her car using pictures with your phone. That'll freak her out.

If only I wasn't about 20 feet away from my parking lot at that point. It isn't the best place to decide to make a scene.

About a month ago, this little emaciated kitten shows up at my boyfriend's property. He's so incredibly friendly that there's no way he's feral, so it seems like some jerkoff decided they didn't want him and put him outside. We've been feeding him and he's put on a little weight, but with the bf having 3 adult indoor/outdoor cats already, there's no way we could bring him inside because the others are pretty territorial. (They had a tenuous truce when all 4 were outside, but mostly because the little guy hides when the others are out.) I put an ad for him on our local pet classifieds with pics, but after about 2 weeks with no takers, I figured maybe if I took him to the vet for an initial check-up to make sure he's healthy we'd get more interest. Long story short, $260 at the vet and $120 at Petsmart later, he's living at my house and getting eye drops and oral antibiotics multiple times per day. My brother has been awesome and is helping with the expenses, but the kitten still needs a follow-up at the vet Saturday, and eventually all his shots, ear mite treatment, and to be neutered. At this point I'm not sure it'll be any easier to re-home him without doing some of those things, nor am I sure I want to give him up (even though I probably should). But who could say no to this face?

post-1683-0-30029300-1379006169_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-97885200-1379006189_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-67602700-1379006200_thumb.jpg

About a month ago, this little emaciated kitten shows up at my boyfriend's property. He's so incredibly friendly that there's no way he's feral, so it seems like some jerkoff decided they didn't want him and put him outside. We've been feeding him and he's put on a little weight, but with the bf having 3 adult indoor/outdoor cats already, there's no way we could bring him inside because the others are pretty territorial. (They had a tenuous truce when all 4 were outside, but mostly because the little guy hides when the others are out.) I put an ad for him on our local pet classifieds with pics, but after about 2 weeks with no takers, I figured maybe if I took him to the vet for an initial check-up to make sure he's healthy we'd get more interest. Long story short, $260 at the vet and $120 at Petsmart later, he's living at my house and getting eye drops and oral antibiotics multiple times per day. My brother has been awesome and is helping with the expenses, but the kitten still needs a follow-up at the vet Saturday, and eventually all his shots, ear mite treatment, and to be neutered. At this point I'm not sure it'll be any easier to re-home him without doing some of those things, nor am I sure I want to give him up (even though I probably should). But who could say no to this face?

I am very much Anti-Cat, but this is a great story. Good for you guys for taking care of him.