Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Finally had to put my dog to sleep on Tuesday morning. He'd been getting worse and showing signs of discomfort, in addition to having more difficulty being alone all day while I was at work. Kirby was born to two existing family pets when I was 15 and has lived with me for the last 6 1/2 years, so he'd been around for more than half of my life. Now the house feels horribly empty and there's a huge void in my heart and in all my daily routines that no longer apply. Easily one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. RIP, Kirby. (1995-2012)

post-1683-0-05223600-1345727869_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-59333000-1345727909_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-48329100-1345727970_thumb.jpg

Finally had to put my dog to sleep on Tuesday morning. He'd been getting worse and showing signs of discomfort, in addition to having more difficulty being alone all day while I was at work. Kirby was born to two existing family pets when I was 15 and has lived with me for the last 6 1/2 years, so he'd been around for more than half of my life. Now the house feels horribly empty and there's a huge void in my heart and in all my daily routines that no longer apply. Easily one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. RIP, Kirby. (1995-2012)

I'm sorry to hear that. It's always tough to lose an important family member.

So sorry Bio. While it was the right thing to do it's never easy.

Put your hand on your heart, feel it beating. That's where Kirby will always be.

Thanks, everyone. Shrader, that's funny... it's probably because the older pic (there's a date stamp in the bottom right corner) was a snapshot I took Tuesday of the original photo since my scanner was being a PITA. The other two might have been from my phone.

Thanks, everyone. Shrader, that's funny... it's probably because the older pic (there's a date stamp in the bottom right corner) was a snapshot I took Tuesday of the original photo since my scanner was being a PITA. The other two might have been from my phone.

Maybe it looks like Hipstagram.

Edited by MattPie

Bio- sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there when two of mine own were put down, and that's never easy.

On to my complaint... met with my boss yesterday to re-discuss my eventual leaving. It seems as though he's had a change of heart and realized how much I mean to the company. So, he offered to demote me from Director of Sales to a junior sales position, give me a 20% decrease in salary, AND reduce commission/bonus payouts for performance, all while expecting me to basically continue doing what I'm doing now, minus the travel and managing three other sales managers. He said if I didn't like it, then he'd keep me on until I hire my replacement and find a new job for myself. I actually laughed, thanked him for being so kind, and told him I'd place an ad on Career Builder by the end of the week.

Bio,

I am so sorry for your loss. While our beloved Sam (cat) passed away at home with her mom and dad at her side, I know and understand your pain.

I agree with GoDD, if the world had more loving and caring people like you we would all be better off.

It will take some time to grieve your beloved Kirby. I hope that in time you will be able to love again and when the time is right another dog enters your life. It would be a shame for a caring person such as yourself not to love again.

Not to sound like a religious nutbar, but as part of my faith I believe that we are all God's creation and believe that Kirby is in a far better place and is no longer in any sort of discomfort or with ailments of any kind. I also believe that you and Kirby will be reunited one day.

Take care and I will keep you and Kirby in my thoughts and prayers.

Bio- sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there when two of mine own were put down, and that's never easy.

On to my complaint... met with my boss yesterday to re-discuss my eventual leaving. It seems as though he's had a change of heart and realized how much I mean to the company. So, he offered to demote me from Director of Sales to a junior sales position, give me a 20% decrease in salary, AND reduce commission/bonus payouts for performance, all while expecting me to basically continue doing what I'm doing now, minus the travel and managing three other sales managers. He said if I didn't like it, then he'd keep me on until I hire my replacement and find a new job for myself. I actually laughed, thanked him for being so kind, and told him I'd place an ad on Career Builder by the end of the week.

Good on you (and thanks).

Bio,

I am so sorry for your loss. While our beloved Sam (cat) passed away at home with her mom and dad at her side, I know and understand your pain.

I agree with GoDD, if the world had more loving and caring people like you we would all be better off.

It will take some time to grieve your beloved Kirby. I hope that in time you will be able to love again and when the time is right another dog enters your life. It would be a shame for a caring person such as yourself not to love again.

Not to sound like a religious nutbar, but as part of my faith I believe that we are all God's creation and believe that Kirby is in a far better place and is no longer in any sort of discomfort or with ailments of any kind. I also believe that you and Kirby will be reunited one day.

Take care and I will keep you and Kirby in my thoughts and prayers.

Not at all; before he left, I asked him to say hi to his parents for me and told him I'd see him again someday. I hope he's running around in the clouds with the rest of his family and has all the squeaky toys and treats his little heart desires.

Edited by biodork

I am sorry to hear and offer my heartfelt condolances. I know how hard putting your dog to sleep is after doing that with our 14 years young lab just 3 years back. We had her as a puppy before children so she really was the beginning of the family for my wife and I and it was very, very hard. Now 3 children and a new lab puppy later we are experiencing the joy as family all over again. Take some time to grieve but maybe in time allow for another to share life with again. We kept some of the toys from our last to the new dog and I swear she knows she was preceded by a great dog and at times even has some similar personaility traits although that could just be the lab coming through.

My complaint, summer is over, school started already here today for the first kid and the nice slower summer pace is going right out the window now from morning to night starting with the get the kids out of bed, on the bus on time shuffle to the get home, get dinner, do homework, after school activities fire drill.

So while I reserve the right to complain, all in all I wouldn't trade it back for the single life in a second or a lifetime. ;)

Bummer. :(

Zhitnik's the same age a Kirby and until we changed his food about a week ago, I was expecting we'd be putting him down by the end of the month as well.

Always sad to have to put a pet down.

Thanks to all for the kind words today. Regardless of any religious and political affiliations, SabreSpace has some quality people on here, for sure.

And Taro, I hope Zhitnik's food change helps keep him healthy and well for as long as possible. I'd switched Kirby to one of the grain-free Nutro Natural Choice varieties the last 1 1/2 months because of digestive issues he'd developed, and he was doing well on that. Best wishes to you and him, and to everyone with four-legged family members.

People who have to back into their parking spot. Unless you are at a sporting event where it is a pain to get out, why do you feel the need to back into a spot...and oh by the way, you SUCK at doing it if you need to go back and forth 3 times before you get it right.

People who have to back into their parking spot. Unless you are at a sporting event where it is a pain to get out, why do you feel the need to back into a spot...and oh by the way, you SUCK at doing it if you need to go back and forth 3 times before you get it right.

People who get impatient and curse at me while I back into my parking spot because I need to statisfy my OCD tendencies to always be pointed in the correct direction and satisfy my impatientness with the need for hasty get aways. ;)

Edited by R_dudly

People who get impatient and curse at me while I back into my parking spot because I need to statisfy my OCD tendencies to always be pointed in the correct direction and satisfy my impatientness with the need for hasty get aways. ;)

:lol:

Even funnier...I would bet that 90% of the things I complain about in this thread, I probably posted about somewhere up thread. :lol:

My experience is it's easier to back a truck into a parking spot then to pull in front ways. I never back in when driving the impala or the civic, but always with the ram.

As one of those people who suck at backing into a space, I fully endorse this statement. If you're terrible, just don't do it.

My experience is it's easier to back a truck into a parking spot then to pull in front ways. I never back in when driving the impala or the civic, but always with the ram.

Same here. I have to back my Suburban into parking spots because it just simply cannot pull in between two cars unless the spot is a "pull-through".

Suck it, Labatt. :P

People in my parking garage at work just invent spaces. They'll park right in front of the stairwell due to pure laziness. It's even more pathetic right now because so many people have been out on vacation over the course of this month. But these people still have to invent these parking spaces even though the garage is relatively empty.

I guess that explains why I've seen so many severely obese women in this building.

People in my parking garage at work just invent spaces. They'll park right in front of the stairwell due to pure laziness. It's even more pathetic right now because so many people have been out on vacation over the course of this month. But these people still have to invent these parking spaces even though the garage is relatively empty.

I guess that explains why I've seen so many severely obese women in this building.

Yeah, on the roads the average driver is just your garden variety moron. But in parking lots they take it to a whole new level.