Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Would this help? foam weather stripping tape

They come in different thicknesses, and really easy to apply. I've used it to fill somewhat large gaps since my doors weren't set properly.

Problem is that the area where it's not sealing is along the vertical face, so adding that weather stripping would probably leave a gap still, since the door is sorta cockeyed. I think I'm going to try replacing the coasters with some heavy spring loaded ones and see if they force the door back to square, since I think the current ones are shot.

Verizon Wireless.

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, but if I want to keep the plan and get a new phone, I have to pay full price for the new phone. If I switch to one of their new plans, it'll cost me more over two years than the full cost of the new phone. AT&T isn't cheaper, Sprint's network is dogshit, Virgin doesn't carry phones that are desirable to me.

I think I might stick with the phone and plan I have until I bury it, like my last phone.

#firstworldproblems

Verizon Wireless.

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, but if I want to keep the plan and get a new phone, I have to pay full price for the new phone. If I switch to one of their new plans, it'll cost me more over two years than the full cost of the new phone. AT&T isn't cheaper, Sprint's network is dogshit, Virgin doesn't carry phones that are desirable to me.

I think I might stick with the phone and plan I have until I bury it, like my last phone.

#firstworldproblems

Should have pre-ordered the Galaxy S3 when you had the chance! I was in the same boat as you and wasn't necessarily ready to jump on the S3 bandwagon, but I wanted one more subsidized phone before I needed to start buying off-contract to preserve my unlimited. Love the phone, but it's still ridiculous how carriers are continually bending over customers.

Ugh, IKP reminded me of another one... I called to cancel my Verizon DSL service on 7/31 since I switched to CLEAR internet. They told me I should receive a mailer to return the modem, and the next day I received an email confirming my service had been cancelled. All good, right? I thought so, except on 5 days later I was billed the full monthly rate, which includes three weeks AFTER my cancellation date, and I hadn't received the mailer to send back the modem. Sent an email though their online form, and after not receiving a response two days later I called and waited on hold for probably 20 minutes before a rep told me it's normal for them to go ahead and bill you a full month and that I have to wait for them to do the "final" bill to be credited for those three weeks of service I'm not receiving. I told her I hadn't received the mailer and she said she'd get one sent out. Now all good, right? Wrong... another 5 days later and I STILL haven't received the damn mailer. If they would have just sent a prepaid label I would have return the stupid thing two weeks ago, but now I'm going to have to fight with them to not hit me with a fee for not returning it inside the 20 day window because they never sent the mailer! :censored:

It's been a great summer in WNY which leads to my complaint. Why did I not see any road construction/repaving going on frm May - Jul, but all of a sudden, it seems like every major road in the area is being resurfaced since early August?

I don't know, because I saw a ton of it from May through July.

I don't know, because I saw a ton of it from May through July.

Maybe we are just driving in different places. :) I am oll over WNY, and I rarely saw any in early summer, but then again, maybe it is that short term memory problem rearing its ugly head again. :lol:

Should have pre-ordered the Galaxy S3 when you had the chance! I was in the same boat as you and wasn't necessarily ready to jump on the S3 bandwagon, but I wanted one more subsidized phone before I needed to start buying off-contract to preserve my unlimited. Love the phone, but it's still ridiculous how carriers are continually bending over customers.

So you can still keep unlimited data if you pay full price for a new phone? i have the galaxy nexus so I'm not ready for a new phone anyway, but I was under the assumption that once that phone dies or I get rid of it then my unlimited data goes away too, correct?

So you can still keep unlimited data if you pay full price for a new phone? i have the galaxy nexus so I'm not ready for a new phone anyway, but I was under the assumption that once that phone dies or I get rid of it then my unlimited data goes away too, correct?

Yea, if you buy a new phone for full price you can keep unlimited. The unlimited data only goes away if you sign a new contract.

Yea, if you buy a new phone for full price you can keep unlimited. The unlimited data only goes away if you sign a new contract.

Is this new? I renewed my phone at the end of June (Galaxy Nexus), and I could keep my $29.99 unlimited plan.

My complaint...Tthe apple store. I love my macbook, iphone and ipad, but I went in the store a couple of days ago to get my daughter a computer, and had no idea you have to seek out an apple rep who then puts you into a queue to be waited on. How about putting this person at the entrance of the store, or at least some instruction as to what you should do. Instead I walked around for 10 minutes trying to find someone who wasn't waiting on another customer.

My complaint...Tthe apple store. I love my macbook, iphone and ipad, but I went in the store a couple of days ago to get my daughter a computer, and had no idea you have to seek out an apple rep who then puts you into a queue to be waited on. How about putting this person at the entrance of the store, or at least some instruction as to what you should do. Instead I walked around for 10 minutes trying to find someone who wasn't waiting on another customer.

Really? I kinda like the local Comcast office's system. When you walk in there's a kiosk with a couple buttons. You select your need (new service, repair, return, etc.) and it prints out a little ticket for you.

Should have pre-ordered the Galaxy S3

I was holding out to see how the Droid RAZR HD specs were shaping up, but now they're looking worse than the S3.

Is this new? I renewed my phone at the end of June (Galaxy Nexus), and I could keep my $29.99 unlimited plan.

Verizon F'ed all of its unlimited customers starting June 28th.

Layoffs. Ugh.

I got hit with the announcement this afternoon in an improptu meeting. The ax falls tomorrow. It really sucks for the people that get let go. But it eats my stomach when I get asked to choose which of my team gets walked. Fortunately I am only losing one. And he's young, unmarried, living with parents, and only been with us for a short time, .so his world won't get turned around too badly I think Still, gonna be hard to sleep tonight knowing I have to look this kid in the eye tomorrow and tell him he's being let go. Bright, enthusiastic kid too. Hate to have to lose those, but we don't really have any weak links in our group.

I know there are a few with families that will get the walk tomorrow. Gonna really suck for them.

Really? I kinda like the local Comcast office's system. When you walk in there's a kiosk with a couple buttons. You select your need (new service, repair, return, etc.) and it prints out a little ticket for you.

I'm confused. What does this have to do with the Apple store? I didn't see a kiosk, and if there was one, how was I supposed to know about it?

Jeebus... just contacted Verizon via online chat and was told I don't even need to return the modem since I've had it for more than 12 months. I had TWO different reps tell me it did need to go back and that I would get a mailer to do so. On top of that, they told me I have to wait 30-40 days for my final bill to be generated, and then another 4-6 WEEKS until they send a check for the amount covering the three weeks of service for which they've already billed me. :censored:

Edit: And thanks for the kind words, Drane... much appreciated.

Edited by biodork

I'm confused. What does this have to do with the Apple store? I didn't see a kiosk, and if there was one, how was I supposed to know about it?

Sorry, verbal diarrhea there. I meant to tie that in as Apple should be able to do better. At the very least an ipad to sign in on. Although the Apple way would be to sniff your iphone's wifi or cell hardware address when you walk in and automatically text you when it's your turn.

Jeebus... just contacted Verizon via online chat and was told I don't even need to return the modem since I've had it for more than 12 months. I had TWO different reps tell me it did need to go back and that I would get a mailer to do so. On top of that, they told me I have to wait 30-40 days for my final bill to be generated, and then another 4-6 WEEKS until they send a check for the amount covering the three weeks of service for which they've already billed me. :censored:

What a nice way for Verizon to always keep a pool of money around. They should give you interest. :)

What a nice way for Verizon to always keep a pool of money around. They should give you interest. :)

Seriously! That's insane. DirecTV was fully capable of adjusting my final bill to reflect a partial month of service, and I cancelled them only 2-3 days prior to my bill date. Somehow that is outside the capabilities of Verizon.

Jeebus... just contacted Verizon via online chat and was told I don't even need to return the modem since I've had it for more than 12 months.

Don't go throwing that modem away until you get all of the billing part completed. You never know what they might decide to do until you get that check.

I had to cancel a dinner with a very close friend last night at the best steakhouse in the entire world (no exaggeration) because my friend's flight was delayed for 3 hours and he ultimately bailed on the entire night. I don't go in much for the big steakhouse meals anymore because I find the food too rich -- I invariably gorge myself on food, booze and dessert and then wake up in the middle of the night sweating, hung over and with an accelerated heartbeat -- but I was more than ready to make an exception for this one.

Don't go throwing that modem away until you get all of the billing part completed. You never know what they might decide to do until you get that check.

No doubt... I have no idea which of the four different reps was actually correct, so I'm definitely making sure there's records of my contact along the way. What a mess.

I was holding out to see how the Droid RAZR HD specs were shaping up, but now they're looking worse than the S3.

I was doing the same thing until I learned the S3 was the last I could get subsidized and keep my unlimited. I love the build quality Motorolas have. On several occasions my Droid X fell out of my pocket doing pullups at the gym, battery cover flew off and I thought the worst....every single time not a single issue. No cracked screen, no body damage...just perfect. But I decided to just get the Samsung and be a little more careful to preserve unlimited.

Tough news today...the significant other of one of my wife's co-workers died suddenly. We don't know what happened, but it's still pretty stunning. I met the guy a couple of times and he seemed like a really good guy. They weren't married, but had lived together for several years. They also have a teenage son.

The hard part on my wife is that she hasn't heard from her co-worker (who's also a friend) and still doesn't know how he died. Tough not knowing how she's doing, either.