Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This guy walks by my office door 4 or 5 times a day and lets out this really loud grunting noise. It sounds like he's taking a dump or something. It's really getting annoying. The only way I'll complain more is if it turns out that he's doing this because he's in serious pain due to some medical condition. In that case, I really look like a dick.

Tourette syndrome?

I've been getting a lot of bananas lately with an extended banipple running right up the length of the banana. That'll put a damper on your banana experience in a hurry. One constant in life always has been that you break the banipple off and from there it's a free and clear banana experience -- no chunky bites in the middle. Nothing can be relied upon anymore, I guess.

First day back to work after a week-long vacation in Oregon. BIG fan of the scenery; not at all a fan of the political slant. The coastal areas are just ridiculously gorgeous though. Went to Cannon Beach, Neskowin Beach, and Astoria. Hiked Multnomah Falls (at least partially), and generally just enjoyed the time off. And now, I'm back behind my desk, in my Cube of Solitude. *sigh*

EDIT: OH! HUGE highlight: stopped by "The Goondocks," for any of you fans of The Goonies. Chatted with the lady who owns the house for about 15 minutes about daily visitors, pros and cons of living in Astoria's second largest tourist attraction (first is "The Column"), other movies filmed in Astoria (e.g. Kindergarten Cop, Free Willy), coastal differences between Oregon, California and pretty much anywhere on the eastern seaboard, other things to do in Astoria ... she was really, really cool. I feel like I should send her a thank you card for all the local tips she provided.

Edited by Chris_in_UT

I've been getting a lot of bananas lately with an extended banipple running right up the length of the banana. That'll put a damper on your banana experience in a hurry. One constant in life always has been that you break the banipple off and from there it's a free and clear banana experience -- no chunky bites in the middle. Nothing can be relied upon anymore, I guess.

:lol:

My complaint: I take one day away from the forum, and it takes me hours to catch up on the threads and articles on SabreSpace.

i have an interview in a couple weeks and my current ###### hole of a job is screwing with me and I am extremely stressed and the chances of me dealing with their bullsh!t is negative... They are trying to schedule me during my interview, which is out of state... twitch.

i have an interview in a couple weeks and my current ###### hole of a job is screwing with me and I am extremely stressed and the chances of me dealing with their bullsh!t is negative... They are trying to schedule me during my interview, which is out of state... twitch.

If they schedule you just don't show up. They can't say you didn't warn them.

So many underaged nerds in this movie theater right now

:lol:

My girlfriend decided to go with her friends. I said we could go again when it's not opening night. Staying home drinking 12 Horse and watching Top Gear on the couch is way more pleasant.

I have a really lame complaint today: I applied for a new job that will bring me not only closer to home (Lansing vs Elmira in proximity to Dryden), but would also pay more money. I had previously interned with said company. I called to follow up with them about a week and 2 days after applying, and they told me they would email me really soon with more details/inquiries about me and my interest and to potentially set up an interview. It's been a few days, and with more and more petty high school level drama at my current job, on top of having to twist everyone's arm halfway to Sunday to get them to do their own jobs, I just want to find out if I'm getting a legit shot, or if I have to endure this hell-hole longer. I am so fed up with policy changes and the new time-card police that I am about to snap. I do all of my work in a very timely fashion, and have even been completing the work of others since they are incompetent and/or lazy. And yet, I get called out for being a little late, even tho I stayed late to make it up? WTF?! I put in 2 extra unbilled hours of work last week before taking 3 full days of PTO. I put in >40 hours on a weekly basis as a salaried employee...for what? To be called out for being between 15 and 20 minutes late on 2 occasions now? ugh...

at least it's finally raining outside. Give the sprinkler a break today ;)

Flat tire on the bike this morning (luckily found in the garage, not on the road). Now i need to change the tire if I'm going to make my camping trip this weekend. At least I have the replacement tire already, but not the time to do the swap.

I hate it when beer ref leagues don't even know how to drop the puck for a faceoff. Last night this guy threw one down to the ice so hard in our defensive zone that it bounced directly to the other team in the slot for a one timer GWG. It was horrendous.

I hate it when beer ref leagues don't even know how to drop the puck for a faceoff. Last night this guy threw one down to the ice so hard in our defensive zone that it bounced directly to the other team in the slot for a one timer GWG. It was horrendous.

I hate it when Refs ruin a perfectly good game, whether it be beer league hockey, beer league softball, or any league for that matter. I watched my sister get a concussion saturday at her soccer game when a girl deliberately elbowed her in the head (and then swore at her), and my sister got called for grabbing the jersey on her way down to the ground. I thought her coach was going to murder the ref right where he stood. The other team scored off the corner kick that came after their free kick went out.

SIDENOTE: my sister is ok now. Dr says it was good she had a mouth guard in, otherwise it would've been worse. it was only a minor concussion (second of her career now :thumbdown: ) . She'll be full go next weekend (first weekend of August, but should be sitting out this weekend's game).

my sister in law is suicidal. i don't mean that in some colloquial throw-around term; i mean she is literally thinking of ending her life. right now, she's sleeping on my parents in law's couch.

that's not my complaint. my complaint is how she's constantly treated by her "friends." all of them are back-stabbing, duplicitous snots that, if i had more time to hang out with my SIL, would get an earful and a good case of the b****-slaps. she used to be this sweet, charming girl. her current friends are these self-righteous, entitlement mentality jerks who pretend to be nice to her in front of her ... only to turn around and sh** on her every chance they get. and she keeps taking them back because she has no self esteem any more because of her f***ed up ex-husband, who long ago stripped her of any sense of self worth.

no--my complaint is how some people in society have no regard for peoples feelings. my sister in law just turned 30, and most of her friends are around the same age. how does one decide at the tender age of about 30 to sh** on one person "because it's funny"?! we complain about gun laws and pro/con gay marriage issues ... screw all of that. if we can't decide as human beings to step up and say "enough is enough. may we *please* start treating people with common dignity and respect?", then we have no business handling other issues that are only off-shoots of this one constant, original problem--treating people with decency and kindness.

my sister in law is suicidal. i don't mean that in some colloquial throw-around term; i mean she is literally thinking of ending her life. right now, she's sleeping on my parents in law's couch.

that's not my complaint. my complaint is how she's constantly treated by her "friends." all of them are back-stabbing, duplicitous snots that, if i had more time to hang out with my SIL, would get an earful and a good case of the b****-slaps. she used to be this sweet, charming girl. her current friends are these self-righteous, entitlement mentality jerks who pretend to be nice to her in front of her ... only to turn around and sh** on her every chance they get. and she keeps taking them back because she has no self esteem any more because of her f***ed up ex-husband, who long ago stripped her of any sense of self worth.

no--my complaint is how some people in society have no regard for peoples feelings. my sister in law just turned 30, and most of her friends are around the same age. how does one decide at the tender age of about 30 to sh** on one person "because it's funny"?! we complain about gun laws and pro/con gay marriage issues ... screw all of that. if we can't decide as human beings to step up and say "enough is enough. may we *please* start treating people with common dignity and respect?", then we have no business handling other issues that are only off-shoots of this one constant, original problem--treating people with decency and kindness.

I'm sorry to hear what your sister in law is going through, hopefully she can get some professional help. As for her "friends"..... Wish Them Well.

VICTIMIZED, BEREAVED, AND DISAPPOINTED, SEEMINGLY AT EVERY TURN, I still resist feeling defeated, or cynical. I have come to believe that anger and grudges are burning embers in the heart not worth carrying through life. The best response to those who wound me is to get away from them .. and wish them well.

All that you can do is wish them well

Spirits turned bitter by the poison of envy

Always angry and dissatisfied

Even the lost ones, the frightened and mean ones

Even the ones with a devil inside

Thank your stars you’re not that way

Turn your back and walk away

Don't even pause and ask them why

Turn around and say goodbye

People who judge without a measure of mercy

All the victims who will never learn

Even the lost ones, you can only give up on

Even the ones who make you burn

The ones who've done you wrong

The ones who pretended to be so strong

The grudges you've held for so long

It's not worth singing that same sad song

Even though you're going through hell

Just keep on going

Let the demons dwell

Just wish them well

I'm sorry to hear what your sister in law is going through, hopefully she can get some professional help. As for her "friends"..... Wish Them Well.

VICTIMIZED, BEREAVED, AND DISAPPOINTED, SEEMINGLY AT EVERY TURN, I still resist feeling defeated, or cynical. I have come to believe that anger and grudges are burning embers in the heart not worth carrying through life. The best response to those who wound me is to get away from them .. and wish them well.

Spirits turned bitter by the poison of envy

Always angry and dissatisfied

Even the lost ones, the frightened and mean ones

Even the ones with a devil inside

Thank your stars you’re not that way

Turn your back and walk away

Don't even pause and ask them why

Turn around and say goodbye

People who judge without a measure of mercy

All the victims who will never learn

Even the lost ones, you can only give up on

Even the ones who make you burn

The ones who've done you wrong

The ones who pretended to be so strong

The grudges you've held for so long

It's not worth singing that same sad song

Even though you're going through hell

Just keep on going

Let the demons dwell

Just wish them well

I love that song. Between that and "The Garden," I think they've managed to encapsulate the reason for human existence.

We've talked to her ad infinitum about moving, finding new friends, ditching them ... she just can't do it on her own. And as an adult, we really can't do anything other than support her. Doesn't mean we have to like or agree with her choices, but we can be supportive of her. It just irks me cuz she was always so sweet and bright, happy ... now she's just this shell. You can literally see just how dead she is inside. It pains us to watch her go through this time and time again, but ultimately, it's her choice. We've offered to let her stay with us with the understanding that it's a place to crash rent-free, with no parties, no guests ... a bed, pillow, clean towels and rags, and unlimited food and use of laundry machines. She's never taken us up on it. Probably because of the "no parties" rule. Sorry, but I have two little girls who I'm not going to subject to that kind of lifestyle. Not with drugs, alcohol and what-not.

Grah. What can we do but keep on loving her and supporting her?