Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

5 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

My mom passed away last Thursday @ 1:21AM. Thanks in advance to all for the condolences, she's the one who introduced me to hockey from birth. She was a fanatic, the apple never falls far from the tree.

My complaint? I am going to buy a jersey and name plate it with my moms maiden name, Linda Morgan (you can see her obit on wattengale.com), but, the cemetery where she is being interned won't let me erect a 20' flag pole with a Sabres flag over her.....

So, I get it, rules is rules, not even veterans get flag poles, but that doesn't mean I can't vent about it.

Thanks all for hearing me out.

I’m sorry for your loss. Losing your mother is profound.

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

It's the hardest hit I've taken yet, and I've lost a couple in the inner circle.

In ten days it will be 6 years since I lost mine. There is not one of those days since that I haven’t thought about her.

Again, my condolences.

2 minutes ago, Ogre said:

In ten days it will be 6 years since I lost mine. There is not one of those days since that I haven’t thought about her.

Again, my condolences.

Thanks Ogre. And ya, I'm feeling it. Tomorrow, I get up at the service to speak. I'm not writing it down, it will flow out of me from the heart.

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

It's the hardest hit I've taken yet, and I've lost a couple in the inner circle.

Haven't gone through that one yet and I'm not looking forward to it.   I'm sorry for your loss.  Hang in there.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I did a 12 mile hike from lake Moraine to Lake Louise today, it was beautiful and that is not my complaint. 

My complaint. 

My body is So F'in sore 😂😂, I'm like wobbling getting up from a seating position because I'm so out of shape and am stupid enough to do this hike with 4k feet of elevation. 

6 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

My mom passed away last Thursday @ 1:21AM. Thanks in advance to all for the condolences, she's the one who introduced me to hockey from birth. She was a fanatic, the apple never falls far from the tree.

My complaint? I am going to buy a jersey and name plate it with my moms maiden name, Linda Morgan (you can see her obit on wattengale.com), but, the cemetery where she is being interned won't let me erect a 20' flag pole with a Sabres flag over her.....

So, I get it, rules is rules, not even veterans get flag poles, but that doesn't mean I can't vent about it.

I'm sorry to hear this. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I did a 12 mile hike from lake Moraine to Lake Louise today, it was beautiful and that is not my complaint. 

My complaint. 

My body is So F'in sore 😂😂, I'm like wobbling getting up from a seating position because I'm so out of shape and am stupid enough to do this hike with 4k feet of elevation. 

Good to hear that you are getting out there and able to complain about it later! You medical reports from the past year or so had us wondering is your days as a wandering vagabond were behind you. Get out there again tomorrow and slay another dragon.

40 minutes ago, irregularly irregular said:

Good to hear that you are getting out there and able to complain about it later! You medical reports from the past year or so had us wondering is your days as a wandering vagabond were behind you. Get out there again tomorrow and slay another dragon.

Well, it's not quite where I'd like it to be and there's still a bit of a road ahead, but I need to keep moving as travel is my passion. Gotta take the better days and roll with them. 

8 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I am so sorry for your loss.  God bless you and your family.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Thanks Ogre. And ya, I'm feeling it. Tomorrow, I get up at the service to speak. I'm not writing it down, it will flow out of me from the heart.

That's the only way to do it. 

Sorry to hear man, if you need anything, we're here for ya 

• Thanks (+1) 1

People who don't know how to do their job correctly and then they blame others.

Just this morning I was driving in NF and there was road construction.  I was heading west on a one way street (that was done to one lane) and came to an intersection.  There was cross traffic in both directions. So, no police directing traffic, but instead 3 construction guys standing in the middle of the intersection 'trying' to direct traffic.

I wanted to keep going straight. The road ahead of me wasn't blocked.  I saw cars pulling off of side streets onto the road I wanted to go on. Yet apparently I wasn't supposed to?  The construction guys were not really paying attention to the traffic, mostly talking to each other while waving their arms and pointing at cars.  So the guy in the middle pointed at me and then started waving both arms up and down, almost like he was flapping his wings.  I have NO idea what he was trying to do, so I entered the intersection and rolled down my window.  He came up to me and started yelling at me that I could only go left or right.  Like mad yelling at me raising his voice.

So, other cars were on the street in front of me I wanted to go straight on.  There was no construction vehicle there.  And he was half paying attention to traffic and using some hand/arm waving signals that I have never seen anyone use to direct traffic, and he got mad at me and came up to my window yelling at me because I have no idea what he was trying to do?  My complaint of the day.  Pay attention to traffic, not your coworkers. How about actually POINTING in a direction that someone can go?

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

People who don't know how to do their job correctly and then they blame others.

Just this morning I was driving in NF and there was road construction.  I was heading west on a one way street (that was done to one lane) and came to an intersection.  There was cross traffic in both directions. So, no police directing traffic, but instead 3 construction guys standing in the middle of the intersection 'trying' to direct traffic.

I wanted to keep going straight. The road ahead of me wasn't blocked.  I saw cars pulling off of side streets onto the road I wanted to go on. Yet apparently I wasn't supposed to?  The construction guys were not really paying attention to the traffic, mostly talking to each other while waving their arms and pointing at cars.  So the guy in the middle pointed at me and then started waving both arms up and down, almost like he was flapping his wings.  I have NO idea what he was trying to do, so I entered the intersection and rolled down my window.  He came up to me and started yelling at me that I could only go left or right.  Like mad yelling at me raising his voice.

So, other cars were on the street in front of me I wanted to go straight on.  There was no construction vehicle there.  And he was half paying attention to traffic and using some hand/arm waving signals that I have never seen anyone use to direct traffic, and he got mad at me and came up to my window yelling at me because I have no idea what he was trying to do?  My complaint of the day.  Pay attention to traffic, not your coworkers. How about actually POINTING in a direction that someone can go?

That behaviour gets under my skin.
I have done roadside construction (Powerline industry) for almost 40 years. Sometimes traffic is the biggest hazard on the job site. There must be a plan in place to deal with it and dedicated workers to focus on moving that traffic along. Traffic control people must have no other duties, so they can deal with traffic to protect the crew, pedestrians and other drivers.

Hope this doesn't become controversial or political....but my complaint is the launch (so far) of 'threads', the twitter competitor.

I tried it. I will give it a shot. but there are some major issues/complaints I have right now.

-No desktop app for Windows.  when working I spend half my time in front of the computer at a desk. It is SO easy to check Twitter, have the app pinned to the taskbar, click once and it opens and within seconds I'm checking my feed. Threads?  Phone apps only, no desktop app at all.  No way to easily check the threads from the computer at all.

-Totally random posts coming up.  There is no option to just read the people you follow...some algo determines what it thinks you want to read and fills up the feed with random junk from poeple I dont know saying things I don't care about.  If I open 'twitter' or 'threads' to read posts by people I follow....it is now a total waste of time to scroll through pages and pages of junk from stangers I don't care about.

-Search feature. There is a search. As of now you can't search topics, just users.  I want to search for Sabres, F1, Buffalo ny?  nope, only searches users, can't search for topics.

Great we have a choice (maybe not if the userbase splinters between both apps) and I know its early, but to me they need to fix those 3 things ASAP, the first 2 most importantly, or the app is close to useless for me personally.

38 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hospital Administrators...

Why they exist is beyond me. 

There are two sides to health care: one is about healing, the other is about profits. I haven’t figured out yet which one has more say. (Actually, I think I have.)

Summer sucks.

….and why aren’t there GD arrow keys on iOS keyboards?!!?!?! FU, Apple!