Would Anyone Care If Any Current Player Was Traded?

CallawaySabres

If you had asked me a few  months ago, I would have said Dahlin, Thompson, Cousins, Tuch, Power and Levi. Today, I can honestly say that there is not one player, not even Dahlin that I would care about if they left. Dahlin and TNT would make sense to keep (obviously), but depending on what came back, I would leave everything open. This team is so beyond broken and I could not care less what they look like in 5 years, the waiting is over.

I would let the entire NHL know that everybody is available and if we have to trade a 22 year future star for a current 27 year old star, so be it. This is currently the worst team in the NHL (again), and there is no end in sight...I mean, no end in sight at all. Hire a veteran GM, let him make all the trades, have him find a coach, and have a completely new looking team in one year. Would anyone honestly even care at this point?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Power's a star?

To the question... No.

It's sports.

@thewookie1's point was he is likely to be a star and he is correct.  Power will be a star player in the NHL and I hope that it's for the Sabres.

I am sick of the Sabres trading away the good players.  They are not the problem.  Motivation is an issue now.  

Most of the roster is not very good.  That is a problem.

• Like (+1) 4

As SwampD said, it would depend on the nature of the trade. If it was a buy type trade, I would not be mad with sending one of our current good players in a package for an elite player (think Tuch in the Eichel trade). 
If it was a hockey trade, with 2 teams trying to shore up their rosters to improve, I wouldn’t be upset unless JJP, Benson, Mitts, Dahlin, or Thompson are moved, and to a lesser extent Power. JJP and Benson have both been good this season, and I don’t want to give up on their very promising future. Mitts and Dahlin have been out best players this season, I think moving them would be a message that we really don’t care about winning. I just got a Thompson jersey as a gift, so I’d be peeved if he got moved immediately. If Power was moved, I’d definitely need a good defenseman coming back. Otherwise, as long as we’re not getting a terrible deal, I wouldn’t be mad.

If it was a sell type trade, where we’re sending a player for picks/prospects, I’d be pretty damn mad. 

• Like (+1) 4

The emotional side of me says... no.  But, I don't think this team is far from being competitive.  For many hockey teams changing 2-4 players can completely change their capabilities.

But.. right now I don't see how all eyes are not on this coaching staff.  I'm sure they are nice, but this team has far more talent than what is seen on the ice. So I would change coaches and trade the lesser players first.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Power's a star?

To the question... No.

It's sports.

Yup.

As long as it’s a genuine hockey trade, there are no untouchables.  None of this magic bean and lottery ticket crap though.  Go out and get me some winners.  Noone should feel safe.

• Like (+1) 4

Dahlin is the only guy that want here for sure.

Tuch is close, he can be good and has ties to the area that I like.

Peterka and R. Johnson may or my not be very good/great but I like them and want to see what the bring.

Power I think WILL be good but right now he's not, will take time with him (maybe a couple of years)

Everyone else can go for the right deal. Mitts (what will he want to resign, probably too much imo) and Cozens (most overrated player on the team by the fanbase), I'd be shopping them to see what I can get for those 2.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Dahlin is the only guy that want here for sure.

Tuch is close, he can be good and has ties to the area that I like.

Peterka and R. Johnson may or my not be very good/great but I like them and want to see what the bring.

Power I think WILL be good but right now he's not, will take time with him (maybe a couple of years)

Everyone else can go for the right deal. Mitts (what will he want to resign, probably too much imo) and Cozens (most overrated player on the team by the fanbase), I'd be shopping them to see what I can get for those 2.

Cozens is good, cold so far this year but good.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Cozens is good, cold so far this year but good.

I apparently will die on the hill disagreeing with this.  I'm not sure where they "cozens is good" crowd gets that from, because he skates hard and will hit people?  The reality is, he isn't producing offensively and he is a disaster, one of the worst in the league in his own zone.   I have done the work, on goals allowed where he was on the ice many times, I'd even say most times, he vacates a zone, he leaves a player, he chases the puck into the corner when a D-man is already there and the spot he left is now wide open for an opposing player to step into.   Seriously, I have posted many times after watching replays...and even posted screenshots showing where he is. He did that a lot last year, he is doing it a lot this year (dozens of times) and he just doesn't learn or change.  He is bad, he is AWFUL, he is just like a dog that only knows how to chase the puck and can be easily fooled by any other team into getting out of position.  He has to score 25-35 goals at least just to even out how bad he is defensively.   The proof is there. Watch how he defends in his own zone on goals allowed. I (and others have pointed it out). NHL.com has replays of all the goals this team has allowed from numerous angles.   Unless he changes, No way is he a good overall player, right now I can't see how he isn't anything but bad for this team most of this year.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Tage Thompson, Casey Mittelstadt, Zach Benson, Rasmus Dahlin, JJ Peterka, Jack Quinn and I will give Ryan Johnson some love. Outside of that, no. Trade whatever if it improves the team. 

giving up Power and / or Cozens would require a huge return otherwise I'm keeping them as well.  Levi is another I'm not trading.   Tuch would also be a guy I would be hesitant to trade 

Juri Kulich would be the one prospect that I wouldn't trade

you have enough prospects , draft picks and roster players not named above to make a substantial trade 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mike65 said:

This team is going no where . until Terry and co- owner Kim Kardashian sell the team. they have set the NHL standard in gross incompetence. You could give them the number one pick in the draft for the next ten years and they would somehow screw it up !

Nice misogynist comment there. 
No need for that to make your point. 
Is Kim Kardashian brain damaged from a heart attack? Just wondering if that was your point. 

I'm not trading Benson. You can see the compete on his face. He's one of the only guys with it and he can be a future leader.

I'm not trading Levi. I think he can be a very good NHL goalie. But I am having him play at least one full season in Rochester. 

I'm not trading Peterka because I think he can still be saved.

I am reluctant to trade Tuch and maybe even Cozens because although they have struggled at times I still see flashes. There was an effort response from them after bad losses a few times and I think with the right team around them they can still rise up. Especially Tuch. I really think he tries at times but then gives up as nobody else joins in. 

If I can have them signed for reasonably cheap contracts I likely wouldn't trade Mitts or Krebs because in their proper roles and surrounded by the right guys I think they would be okay. 

Everyone else is on the block for the right price and some of them I'd let go for cheap just to get rid of them. No, I'm not giving Dahlin away. I'm not giving Thompson away. The price would be high, but I'd consider it for the purpose of the cap and changing the make up of the roster entirely. 

So pretty much anybody could be dealt imo. There's no good reason not to. 

Management and leadership is more important than individual trades though and of course, ideally, I'd rather Terry sold it to someone who would hire a hockey guy to run the thing properly.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.