GDT: Sabres @ Rangers - November 27, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG-B/ESPN+📺 WGR📻

Doohickie

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Unless the Rags show up hung over and half asleep (from celebrating all weekend after taking over first place from the Bruins) Sabres have virtually no chance. None. 

Did the Eulers have a chance to beat the Caps 5-0 on the Caps home ice when the Caps were on a 9-1-1- run and the Eulers had won 4 games all year?

Yeah, more fodder for PA, expecting they'll lose badly on Monday when they actually do so.

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Unless the Rags show up hung over and half asleep (from celebrating all weekend after taking over first place from the Bruins) Sabres have virtually no chance. None. 

I know.  That's why I started the thread- to save someone else the trauma of starting a GDT for a Sabres loss.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

He is, but he’s showing his age.

76. He's been with the Rangers since 1984 I think. So not quite RJ longevity but getting there.

His is one of a handful of voices that say Hockey to me. Such a classy and balanced presentation, like Rick full of respect for the listener and game.

Not quite a perfect fit for that fan base lol.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Look, stop drop and roll, collaborate and listen.

There are no Should Win's or Should Lose's in the NHL.

Just win FFS. Let's go beat dose Manhattan frogs.

You’re right, every game is winnable. It is the mindset that prevents it from being so.

The better team wins more of the games but no one goes 82-0 or 0-82.

They should of learned from the last game what sense of urgency looks like.

The Rags were in the cup finals in 13-14 , and 7th in their division as recently as 18-19. They seem on pace to be serious cup contenders again.  

The Rangers are a threat to be another team that was a cup contender, rebuilt after a bit of a run, and is back to contention again, all while the Sabres wander in the desert.

• Like (+1) 3

I hate to say i am already becoming numb to Buffalo sports. What started as a promising year has been stupidly dismal and gets worse every time a Buffalo sports team plays. This is going to be a Rangers asskicking. Rangers 6 Buffalo jokes 1 (That bounces off of 3 rangers and goes in the net). Very glad my phone broke and i cannot watch this game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

The Rags were in the cup finals in 13-14 , and 7th in their division as recently as 18-19. They seem on pace to be serious cup contenders again.  

The Rangers are a threat to be another team that was a cup contender, rebuilt after a bit of a run, and is back to contention again, all while the Sabres wander in the desert.

Yeah but it's not about making the playoffs... Errr... juuust making the playoffs. It's about winning a Cup and then another one.

Patience.

• Like (+1) 1

On game day I am usually optimistic.  Not today.  That Devils game, and the Bills failure to secure a critical win, have me down. 

I don't think they have much of a shot tonight but you never know what this team is going to do on any given night. 

Is Greenway back?  That will help. 

Anyone know why they just didn't plug Rousek into Girgs spot?  That is supposed to be his kind of role right?  

I don't want to see the line of Rosen-Jost-VO ever again.  If I am a defensemen and playing behind that group I will shoot the puck straight at their heads the first time any of them fail to support.  

Other than that, good luck tonight.  Especially to UPL, he will need it.  

27 minutes ago, Weave said:

But we have a better prospect pool, right? 

Edited by Pimlach

44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yeah but it's not about making the playoffs... Errr... juuust making the playoffs. It's about winning a Cup and then another one.

Patience.

Sarcasm intended no doubt?   You need a sarcasm gif or I am going to start taking these posts as signs of compliance.  

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.