GDT: Sabres @ Rangers - November 27, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG-B/ESPN+📺 WGR📻

Doohickie

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is Sam Rosen still around? He's up there with Rick IMHO.

I will never forget a few days after just about the most painful and heartbreaking day of my life the filthy rags came to Hartford and Scam Rosen and his broadcast pal STD proceeded to give a spirited defense of that ***** scum sucking pig Karmanos who had just murdered the team that I loved more than anything and that there's no ***** day in this last quarter century that’s gone by where I don't think about them and how much I miss my Whalers and would give ANYTHING to have them back. As far as I'm concerned he can go burn in Hell with his buddy Peter The Pig.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

To whomever said it in one of the other threads: you were right -- given the absence of Greenway and Girgensons, I would probably feel a bit better about the bottom 6 if Rousek and Biro were up instead of Rosen and Kulich.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Marvin said:

To whomever said it in one of the other threads: you were right -- given the absence of Greenway and Girgensons, I would probably feel a bit better about the bottom 6 if Rousek and Biro were up instead of Rosen and Kulich.

Or at least put 20 & 63 on a line as they have 1.25 seasons of chemistry together.  I’m assuming Don is separating them for defensive purposes but isn’t his whole philosophy about letting the kids learn.  Stick em with Krebs and cobble a 4th line out of 17-21-71 (I guess although I’d rather VO be MIA).  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That was me.   

That 3rd line is making me crazy.   

On the positive side, Peyton Krebs was the only player to finish not negative against the Devils, he was even  in +/- after 16:32 of ice time.   I still think if we were run like an established and legit team he would be in Rochester, but hey, that's something for him to build on.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Or at least put 20 & 63 on a line as they have 1.25 seasons of chemistry together.  I’m assuming Don is separating them for defensive purposes but isn’t his whole philosophy about letting the kids learn.  Stick em with Krebs and cobble a 4th line out of 17-21-71 (I guess although I’d rather VO be MIA).  

There are no good combinations on the bottom 6.  None.

Rousek should have been called up as as a plug in for Girgs.  Simple and straightforward. That is what he projects to anyways and he has showed us he is responsible defensively, which is what we needed to replace more than anything else.  

Kulich or Rosen could have had their shot under better circumstances. 

I don't know who makes these decisions but they are DUMB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Until this team comes out with youthful confidence like the 1980 U.S.Olympic team, slow starts will be the norm. Right now they come out tight afraid to make a mistake. Playing not to lose will get you killed in professional sports.

Edited by JohninMinn.
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Rosen with Jost and Olafsson? 

I actually think Jost has been playing pretty well. Certainly better than Krebs. I think he’s a better player right now. But I don’t know what to do with that bottom  six. I’m fine with the rookies (Rosen, Kulich); I just don’t think there is the talent around them to excel. 

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I actually think Jost has been playing pretty well. Certainly better than Krebs. I think he’s a better player right now. But I don’t know what to do with that bottom  six. I’m fine with the rookies (Rosen, Kulich); I just don’t think there is the talent around them to excel. 

Jost and Krebs are about equal.  At a minimum, I would look for a vet 4C (even if a rental), send Krebs to Rochester and let him work on his offensive game (if waiver exempt), keep Jost as the spare forward for when Tage gets back.  

I am not fine with Kulich and Rosen playing with the line combos we have right now.  Send them back to Roch as soon as possible, I would love to be proven wrong, but from that limited showing they belong in Rochester.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I agree with this.  Nothing against Kulich or Rosen, but this team could use a couple of Hinostoza and Lazar equivalents at the moment.  

• Like (+1) 1

We are 3 points back of WC2, but the Leafs have 2 games in hand so it’s more like ~5 points. 5 points out, with a further 3 teams sandwiched in between.

It’s…not ideal. We aren’t at “must win” yet but realistically, kinda? The chances of us having a *good* chance are quickly eroding 

Can’t afford to stack non-wins anymore 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.