GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - Nov 14, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

Okay so here's the honest truth. You all know they're my second team and I've explained why so I watch both and I know both. The Bruins have a flaw and they can be beat. The question is do the Sabres coaches get it and do the players have the will and fortitude to do it? 

Fast heavy forecheck on their D plus net front presence. Do that, bring it for 60 and you can beat them. We have the size and speed to do it but do we have the desire and will? That is the question. I'd guess no, but it's definitely possible. 

If the Sabres do not, they will kill them in front of the goal as they will use their bodies to go in tight. They are slow, but they are structured and disciplined and their goalies are both playing at a top level. Poitras has struggled a little last few games because of physicality against him but if we give him open ice (as we tend to do) you will see a surprising amount of skill from the kid. 

The quick outlet and stretch pass MIGHT work for us, but it's not a strategy to rely on with their goaltending and counter attack, but their D does activate and go deep so they can get caught. 

Tough game for Clifton I imagine part of him is still spoked B. 

Obviously I want this game to go to a shoot out. 

Sabres/Bruins games are like Cure songs to me, happy and sad at the same time but always enjoyable.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Game #2 for me tonight in the arena.

I hope the Sabres were watching the Bills last night and are angry and motivated to win.

I hope after watching they aren’t demoralized and disillusioned so there’s no passion in their play.

The way the season has gone so far, flip a coin.

Scoring first will be key to keep the fans from grumbling…

I will be yelling where appropriately good or bad.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

KO 1000 games…YAWN.  

BOS 6
BUF 2

PS I wonder if Allen, Knox & Co will be at the game tonight, and if they are, will they show them on the jumbotron/tv broadcast. 😂

Dude.  Why disrespect Kyle Okposo? Dudes done nothing but give his all, harrowing circumstances to boot. I’ll admit his play has been on a steady decline but give the man his due.  1000 games is quite an achievement.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Dude.  Why disrespect Kyle Okposo? Dudes done nothing but give his all, harrowing circumstances to boot. I’ll admit his play has been on a steady decline but give the man his due.  1000 games is quite an achievement.  

Maybe because he should be retired instead of taking up a roster spot?  I want playoffs, not feel good moments. 

Call me cold hearted. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe because he should be retired instead of taking up a roster spot?  I want playoffs, not feel good moments. 

Call me cold hearted. 😂

Blame the guy that signed him. Adams makes me nervous with all his vibes schtick.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Call me cold hearted. 😂

Do not go quietly into that good night 

We CERTAINLY shouldn’t blame KO

Blame the GM and his dealings in Vibes only 

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Blame the guy that signed him. Adams makes me nervous with all his vibes schtick.  

Phoney Baloney character 

19 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The only suspense entering this game is to see if the Bruins can beat the 90 seconds it took the Flyers to run us off of our home rink. Our rancid inept coaching staff stinks every bit as bad as the one in Orchard Park but good thing for them failure is a way of life in this organization.

This is the type of game this current iteration of the Sabres win. They live for these games 

If we get reasonable goaltending we’ll have a good, fighting chance

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I have seen that kind of fun get ugly.  Especially at Bills games.  

It almost always the Bills fan.

I bet we are really mad about something Brad Marchand did, right before he scores, to piss us off even more.

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I hate long COVID.  I tire out shortly after work and sleep through the game until tomorrow morning.  I can afford season tickets again, but I can't stay awake.

I’ve got Covid right now. It sucks. The next person I hear say it’s just a cold is getting throat punched.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.