GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - Nov 14, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Is it a talent issue, a coaching issue? Both. Either way, clock is ticking. If we miss the playoffs, it's time to start over with a new GM and coach... Again. 

Expect both to be safe if we miss the playoffs again… 

But if Granato loses the locker room, KA will replace him this season… KA could elevate Appert as interim to finish the season while he searches for an NHL replacement… Granato is blessed to have KO in there to calm any grousing, frankly…

If we fail to make the playoffs next year, both are gone, my guess.

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Would've pulled Levi after the 1st, not that he was playing particularly bad, but to be able to rip into the team for not doing anything on Captain Okposo's big night and for not helping this goalie, maybe they'll consider playing for the other goalie.  But Granato left Comrie in for 10 goals against last year; no way he was using a goalie change to try to change the momentum. 

Postgame DG said he was considering momentum change when he decided to pull Levi. After Goal 5. The odd timing of waiting until after the Sabres scored was to allow UPL to get his gear ready. Granato is far over his head.

Also given that loss number 2 went down as easy as Grandma's Mac and Cheese, I don't see why the team would blink an eye at 3. It's all these guys have ever known. It's not a big deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Postgame DG said he was considering momentum change when he decided to pull Levi. After Goal 5. The odd timing of waiting until after the Sabres scored was to allow UPL to get his gear ready. Granato is far over his head.

Also given that loss number 2 went down as easy as Grandma's Mac and Cheese, I don't see why the team would blink an eye at 3. It's all these guys have ever known. It's not a big deal.

Heard the comment about pulling Levi in the car.  Wasn't sure if the comment about having considered pulling him earlier was about doing so at the period or after an earlier goal or as part of the 'we were letting Uupi get his gear.'  Either way, it was disappointing that from top to bottom nobody in the organization has much of a feel for how to run the goalies.

And they didn't wait until the Sabres scored to pull Levi to let UPL "get his gear."  They did it to try to not call notice to the fans that the goalies were switched.  (Not saying you don't know that.)  Which is something even most Youth Coaches aren't going to worry about.  (And expect that the change would've come at the next TV timeout minus Olofsson having his coming out party in a game that was already hopeless.)

We'll see about the Winnipeg game.  This team has found ways out of funks in the past and actually started playing well after they do.  Why not start it there.  On the radio they said 8 of the next 9 are on the road (2 - 4 game road trips sandwiched around the Pens on Black Friday).  Road trips are this team's bread and butter.  They need to make that happen again.

Would be nice if they could finally get off to a fast start.  Don't recall the last time that's happened.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh, one last thing, Ray and Dan were their usual apologetic excuse oriented duo but it was sad that he doesn't know how to properly pronounce a French name - Poitras. You'd think a Buffalo announcer would know better. 

There are no minimum standards.   Everyone just goes through the motions in this organization.  

They followed RJ with these two clowns.  I’m tired of them talking about nothing, just do the play by play.  

• Agree 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Heard the comment about pulling Levi in the car.  Wasn't sure if the comment about having considered pulling him earlier was about doing so at the period or after an earlier goal or as part of the 'we were letting Uupi get his gear.'  Either way, it was disappointing that from top to bottom nobody in the organization has much of a feel for how to run the goalies.

And they didn't wait until the Sabres scored to pull Levi to let UPL "get his gear."  They did it to try to not call notice to the fans that the goalies were switched.  (Not saying you don't know that.)  Which is something even most Youth Coaches aren't going to worry about.  (And expect that the change would've come at the next TV timeout minus Olofsson having his coming out party in a game that was already hopeless.)

We'll see about the Winnipeg game.  This team has found ways out of funks in the past and actually started playing well after they do.  Why not start it there.  On the radio they said 8 of the next 9 are on the road (2 - 4 game road trips sandwiched around the Pens on Black Friday).  Road trips are this team's bread and butter.  They need to make that happen again.

Would be nice if they could finally get off to a fast start.  Don't recall the last time that's happened.

I didn't mean to imply that DG was waiting for a goal to make the change. But that's how it looked. And what a weird look. How often does the team scoring change goalies for non injury reasons? 

The Sabres have three on the road, one at home and four more on the road. I was going to call you out for missing Thanksgiving Eve at home, but they're in Washington. When was the last time the Sabres didn't make a home cookin turkey sandwich around the holiday?

Very little discussion on Levi.  If UPL or Comrie give up 5 this thread would be littered with complaints.  

Clifton and Power don’t mix well. If Adams thought they could be a pair he better check those analytics.  

Tage hurt.  Now we don’t even have two respectable lines.  

The Sabres were never in it,  Bruins dressed 7 players I never heard of, and 4 Boston players got their 1st of the season. 

VO had a big game, but it didn’t matter. He scores, no one cared. 

We hit them a few times, and they didn’t care.  They just kept skating and working. 

UPL looked  good again, but Boston coasted for half a game so I don’t want to get any hopes up.  

Okposo 1000.  That was nice for a few moments at least.  

Dan and Rob annoyed me again. 

Outplayed from the start.  The team is settling again.  Are there no expectations?  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I didn't mean to imply that DG was waiting for a goal to make the change. But that's how it looked. And what a weird look. How often does the team scoring change goalies for non injury reasons? 

The Sabres have three on the road, one at home and four more on the road. I was going to call you out for missing Thanksgiving Eve at home, but they're in Washington. When was the last time the Sabres didn't make a home cookin turkey sandwich around the holiday?

Yeah, only 7 of 8 on the road, not 8 of 9.  Actually knew that the 1st roadie was only 3 games long; amazing the power of what we hear vs what we read (especially when tired).  And guess the Black Friday game will have to suffice for getting a holiday leftover meal.

As to your earlier question, have seen that once or twice in the NHL, but not for a long time.  More frequent an occurance in youth hockey.

17 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Good question Punch. It got me to thinking... You couldn't destroy a franchise any better if you tried.

I don't see any traces of last years team in terms of energy and effort and spirit.  Nothing excites this group anymore.  Another turd of a game in front of the home crowd.  

The core players were not ready to go from the start of the season - we spent the preseason auditioning prospects and the real team came out flat and not ready and somehow dinged up.  

The injuries are a problem too because we have so little NHL ready depth.  Example: retain VO to replace Quinn, but then find out he cannot beat out 18 year old Benson, who is also not ready.  

I think we are better with the 7 defenseman we have this year over last year.  Not that this is a great group, but better than last year, sure.  

I think the 3 goalies, while a very stupid plan, could maybe play better than last year.   I would be sending Levi to Rochester as soon as Comrie is ready.  It didn't hurt Ryan Miller to play there.  

This year its the forwards.  The group is 12 is overall below average.   Tage, Tuch, Mitts, Cozens, Peterka, Greenway, Skinner and Quinn are a good start.   They need help.  

Krebs, KO, Girgs, Jost, VO, and Rousek/Biro are garbage.   We wont win much with more than 3 of them in the lineup.  Girgensons is the only one worth keeping of that bunch.  

Kulich might get called up for Tage.  We shall see if he can play in the big time.  

I don't want to hear the names Savoie and Benson until next year, they are teenagers that will not help us get to the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Very little discussion on Levi.  If UPL or Comrie give up 5 this thread would be littered with complaints.  

Clifton and Power don’t mix well. If Adams thought they could be a pair he better check those analytics.  

Tage hurt.  Now we don’t even have two respectable lines.  

The Sabres were never in it,  Bruins dressed 7 players I never heard of, and 4 Boston players got their 1st of the season. 

VO had a big game, but it didn’t matter. He scores, no one cared. 

We hit them a few times, and they didn’t care.  They just kept skating and working. 

UPL looked  good again, but Boston coasted for half a game so I don’t want to get any hopes up.  

Okposo 1000.  That was nice for a few moments at least.  

Dan and Rob annoyed me again. 

Outplayed from the start.  The team is settling again.  Are there no expectations?  

Regarding Levi. I think it is because he is waiver exempt. If Levi needs to go down to the AHL he can go down. If Comrie or UPL stink they stink. 

Either way Adams is to blame. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wait until the first legit coach is fired and hire him within the next hour it happens. Enough is enough with this team...I mean seriously, enough has got to be enough at some point right?

Exactly. The debt, it was owed, the price, it's been paid.

Buffalo Sabres fans deserve better? At this point, they're demanding better. When does this poor leadership void end?

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Exactly. The debt, it was owed, the price, it's been paid.

Buffalo Sabres fans deserve better? At this point, they're demanding better. When does this poor leadership void end?

I don’t know how many fans are demanding better. Some are. Many aren’t. 

Source: Sabrespace

• dislike 1

4 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wait until the first legit coach is fired and hire him within the next hour it happens. Enough is enough with this team...I mean seriously, enough has got to be enough at some point right?

Gallant is legit. But he will tell Adams what needs to done.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

IF Granato is let go, Gallant should be at the very top of the list of coaches interviewed.  Realizing he'll wear out his welcome (not with the fans or players, but management) within 3 years; but he'll have the team further ahead when he leaves than it was when he arrived.  It's what he does.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Krebs, KO, Girgs, Jost, VO, and Rousek/Biro are garbage.   We wont win much with more than 3 of them in the lineup.  Girgensons is the only one worth keeping of that bunch.  

Absolutely correct. Girgs is the only one worth a 4th line spot. Overpaid for what he is but the best of that bunch. That's 4th line too. 3rd line for any of them is just a joke. 

I said KO signing was a horrendous mistake. Sentimental, but a mistake none the less. The bottom of the roster is just garbage. 

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Won't happen. Not with TP in charge. Not a chance. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.