GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - Nov 14, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Connor Clifton with the Gordie Howe hattie tonight.

Okie 1-1 for 2 pts.

Good call on Okposo having a great game tonight.  If memory serves, Pominville had his best game of that last year of his on the night of his ceremony and then was a shell of himself afterwards.  (Had been a bit of a shell before it as well.)

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Will be interesting to see what the crowd looks like tonight.

The Moe-ray-all crowd was last year small.  If they're trying to goose ticket sales with gimmicks like this, expecting tonight's crowd will be similar.

Maybe, just maybe, that brilliant plan to keep marauding visiting fans out of the building was a bit short sighted?  Said earlier, and will say it again, believe it is better to have the building nearly full with Sabre fans outnumbered than to have a 60-40 edge in a less than 50% full building.

And these are the 2 games so far this season that meet that limitation on sales by purchaser's location.  The others that didn't have that constraint weren't that poorly attended and some games were actually very well attended.

Edited by Taro T

13 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Must be some light numbers so far. What will Chet & Muffy think about selling tickets to the general public for such a discounted rate?

Have speculated before that the Sabres new policy of only selling tickets to games that visiting fans tend to outnumber the Sabres fans to those from worthy zip codes might cause those tickets that would normally get sold via Ticketmaster on the 2ndary market place to be sold via other ticketing sites.

This seems to be another game that will be lightly attended that had those ticket selling constraints.  Will be very interesting to see if later this year or (more likely) next season that tix start showing up on other ticket selling platforms.

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Will be interesting to see what the crowd looks like tonight.

The Moe-ray-all crowd was last year small.  If they're trying to goose ticket sales with gimmicks like this, expecting tonight's crowd will be similar.

Maybe, just maybe, that brilliant plan to keep marauding visiting fans out of the building was a bit short sighted?  Said earlier, and will say it again, believe it is better to have the building nearly full with Sabre fans outnumbered than to have a 60-40 edge in a less than 50% full building.

And these are the 2 games so far this season that meet that limitation on sales by purchaser's location.  The others that didn't have that constraint weren't that poorly attended and some games were actually very well attended.

I'm weird, I love opposing fans being there. Gives you someone to jaw at a bit. Especially if they are like that back, it's fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm weird, I love opposing fans being there. Gives you someone to jaw at a bit. Especially if they are like that back, it's fun. 

It's kind of hypocritical for Sabres fans to curse Carolina for limiting where tix can be purchased from and to then applaud when the Sabres do the same thing.

If you want more Sabres fans in the building, win more games at home.  They'll buy the tix before the marauders can.

And agree, some of the most fun games to have been at were ones where a whole bunch of Loaf or Habs fans were leaving early to sounds of "Go away, away, away, away, go away, just go away."

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Yeah but at some point I’m gonna climb over 3 rows and deck someone 

51 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I have seen that kind of fun get ugly.  Especially at Bills games.  

Just now, inkman said:

Yeah but at some point I’m gonna climb over 3 rows and deck someone 

Uh huh.  Got kicked out of Steelers backups beating the Bills for fighting.  

Yeah… When my wife and I go to games we do not find enjoyment in having to deal with beer muscle, diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain opposing team fans. Over the years I have helped ushers with four or five people get ejected from the game because of how belligerent and stupid they become during the game. And it sucks the enjoyment out of everybody around them who are trying to enjoy the game.
Unfortunately a handful of Sabres fans get that way once in a while too. But hey, everybody has their way to enjoy a game.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

I hope the Sabres play with the same importance that this franchise has placed on dragging a player with probably the worst team winning % in history to 1000gp. Thanks for the memories? Anyway, glad he was able to live a normal life after his scare. Go Sabres

Holy bad karma Batman.

Separately:  I want them to win, and I have various guys in mind whom I'd like to see play well, but more than anything I want them to present like a real NHL team -- i.e. they got embarrassed in their last game, they're back home against a division rival that has owned them for years -- they need to come out fast and determined and bring the heat all game.  If they come out comatose again and the first 5 minutes are entirely in the Sabres' D zone -- I will continue to have real doubts about DG.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.