GDT: Sabres @ Maple Leafs: November4, 2023 @ 7:00PM, NHL Network, MSG-B, and NBCS-PH

SABRES 0311

I’m guessing one of two things happen:

-Sabres play great and win something like 4-2 or 5-3 and we hear they’re a young team finding their groove and simplifying their game all the way to 10-10 at the quarter-way mark

-Sabres get their doors blown off and we hear they’re a young team still finding their groove and needing to simplify their game all the way to 10-10 at the quarter-way mark

Maybe Donny should start making changes to his staff because something isn’t working and the time to figure it out was in September, not November. 

Commenting that it was nice to be able to relax in July and then being 11 games into a season with AT LEAST a quarter of your forwards needing replacement should be a fireable offense if something doesn’t change quickly with this teams performance. 

Go Sabres. ***** the Leafs. 

Blow leaves blow 

Edited by #freejame
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Only thing going for us tonight is the Leafs D is supposedly horrendous this year (even considering years past).  Atleast that's the intel from all the leaf fans I know.  The Sabres usually play better in games they can move the puck around more easily and trade chances.  Not the clog up the neutral zone type games.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

These fragile waifs have ZERO chance tonight unless Levi flat out steals the game. Time to face reality: this team sucks. 

Tuch is possibly the most irrelevant core player.

Not seeing a big improvement from last year in Power.

Cozens needs Quinn back.

TT does more toe dragging than scoring.

Clifton is a fail.

UPL is so bad that people cling to single game moments of positivity as proof he is not bad.

PP sucks. The bumper is stupid.

Krebs is looking like he will be in Europe soon.

KO skates like he’s using a Walker.

Dahlin is awesome.

Mitts is becoming the number one center.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Cozens needs Quinn back.

Clifton is a fail.

UPL is so bad that people cling to single game moments of positivity as proof he is not bad.

Dahlin is awesome.

We want to BELIEVE. But you’re spot on with these takes. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s hard to come up with a positive vibe after last night’s sh*t show.

All I’ve got is that the Leafs D is fragile as well and they will probably trade chances so it will boil down to who gets better goaltending and how well the scorers are creating.

I’m looking for Cozens to get out his funk and just go north south in a foul mood.

Like the players, we need to put last night behind us. That is tough to do when you leave a stinky mess on your own bed.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Cozens needs Quinn back.

Clifton is a fail.

Dahlin is awesome.

Damn. Another one of my suspicions confirmed. 

On a positive note, already sold my tix for the Bruins game at far above ticket price. Bruins fans are more than willing to shell out bucks to watch a superior hockey team. It’s kind of weird as we’ve never sold our tickets before, let alone to opposing fans. 

And I don’t feel the least bit bad about it. As a fan since they spun the wheel for Gilbert and a STH for decades, if anyone feels the need to tell me what a disloyal fan I am, they can just go screw themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As a fan since they spun the wheel for Gilbert and a STH for decades, if anyone feels the need to tell me what a disloyal fan I am, they can just go screw themselves. 

Disloyal?  Anyone who has maintained their ST during this shitshow known as the Pegula era, should be applauded and recognized. Do with your tickets as you wish. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Damn. Another one of my suspicions confirmed. 

On a positive note, already sold my tix for the Bruins game at far above ticket price. Bruins fans are more than willing to shell out bucks to watch a superior hockey team. It’s kind of weird as we’ve never sold our tickets before, let alone to opposing fans. 

And I don’t feel the least bit bad about it. As a fan since they spun the wheel for Gilbert and a STH for decades, if anyone feels the need to tell me what a disloyal fan I am, they can just go screw themselves. 

This is really sad.  But looking back we have been mostly a poorly run franchise and only have a had a few short lasting good teams.  The 80's were mediocre.  Could never get out of the first round.  The 90's we had Hasek and Lafontaine but not good enough to win the cup.  We had 3 good years in the 2000's and have been an unprecedented disaster since. 53 years and about 8 or 9 really good seasons. 

46 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Cozens needs Quinn back.

Clifton is a fail.

Dahlin is awesome.

I'm more optimistic in some regards, but...

We need to move on from UPL. Do we have any other G prospects in our system? Give someone else a chance; UPL is fundamentally flawed 

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This is really sad.  But looking back we have been mostly a poorly run franchise and only have a had a few short lasting good teams.  The 80's were mediocre.  Could never get out of the first round.  The 90's we had Hasek and Lafontaine but not good enough to win the cup.  We had 3 good years in the 2000's and have been an unprecedented disaster since. 53 years and about 8 or 9 really good seasons. 

That’s the stark reality, but there are many reasons to get behind and continuing to be a fan of the team as we’ve been since their inception and perhaps the biggest driver of that is hope; the belief, the faith that our day will come. That is gone now. Just too tired of the lip service, the corny letters to the fans, and the sheer stupidity of it all. 

Lousy players, lousy coaches, and lousy management can only get you so far. 

18 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Best decade was the very first one.  No doubt.  It took 3 years to get  “good “.   We are working on 12 or 13 now, just to get mediocre and make the playoffs.  

It’s sickening. I am sick of it.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.